PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk May 18

Sea Biscuit
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Race 1 #6 One Ace Too Many. Has won $17470 in his last 6 starts. Must win situation for the trainer/driver Roger Mayotte. His 3rd placing on July 4 in NW 27000 L6 was indeed a genuine effort. Tonite he drops into NW 20000 L6. Has the coveted 6 hole. Could be looking at a probable favorite.

Race 3 #8 Phaeton. His 2nd placing in his last race was a good race considering the slow up front fractions. Catches a weak field. Wish he could score a little bit.

Race 4. I am torn between the #1 Fysia and the #3 Alamode.Both have made good efforts in their last. Exacta box is a possibilty and whoever gets a better price.

Race 10. #3 Mrs Grant seven just knocked off $8000 from his winnings to get back in this class. You can bet your bottom dollar he will be going for all the chips. His race of July 4 was a just miss by 3/4 lengths. The #5 Nativeforyou also made a good effort but moves up a notch.

My tri plays 3 with 5 with 7,8,9 3 with 7,8,9 with 5.

Race 12 #1 Fancy a Dream. Qualifies because of the secondary condition of NW 20000 L10. Has won $18930 last 10 races. His race on July 4 was a good effort considering he was racing with better class animals like Parley Hanover and Vysoke Tatry. Do note that the #8 Escape Exit made two good moves to get up for 3rd in a very fast paced race. He moves up a notch but I doubt the trainer will be trying in tonite's race as he can easily knock off $8000 to get back in NW 6000 L6. If this horse goes unplaced tonite he will be my best bet next week in this very class.

Good Luck to all.

whyhorseofcourse
07-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Good luck! :cool:
JULY

botster
07-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Race 12 #1 Fancy a Dream. Qualifies because of the secondary condition of NW 20000 L10. Has won $18930 last 10 races. His race on July 4 was a good effort considering he was racing with better class animals like Parley Hanover and Vysoke Tatry. Do note that the #8 Escape Exit made two good moves to get up for 3rd in a very fast paced race. He moves up a notch but I doubt the trainer will be trying in tonite's race as he can easily knock off $8000 to get back in NW 6000 L6. If this horse goes unplaced tonite he will be my best bet next week in this very class.

Good Luck to all.[/QUOTE]

Just be a bit carefull with ESCAPE EXIT this mare just never seems to come through for all the money.The problem here lies with the trainer Brad Shakes, I have been waiting for a trainer switch for over TWO YEARS now with no luck.She has talent that has not been tapped as of yet.

I don't know what she has been doing lately, but i do remember her being freelegged.

Good Fortune:jump:

Sea Biscuit
07-19-2008, 10:12 AM
[/QUOTE]

Just be a bit carefull with ESCAPE EXIT this mare just never seems to come through for all the money.The problem here lies with the trainer Brad Shakes, I have been waiting for a trainer switch for over TWO YEARS now with no luck.She has talent that has not been tapped as of yet.

I don't know what she has been doing lately, but i do remember her being freelegged.

Good Fortune:jump:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the caution Botster. I will definitely keep that in mind. With 2 wins in 61 starts you are probably right too.

Sea Biscuit
07-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Race 1 #6 One Ace Too Many. Has won $17470 in his last 6 starts. Must win situation for the trainer/driver Roger Mayotte. His 3rd placing on July 4 in NW 27000 L6 was indeed a genuine effort. Tonite he drops into NW 20000 L6. Has the coveted 6 hole. Could be looking at a probable favorite.

Race 3 #8 Phaeton. His 2nd placing in his last race was a good race considering the slow up front fractions. Catches a weak field. Wish he could score a little bit.

Race 4. I am torn between the #1 Fysia and the #3 Alamode.Both have made good efforts in their last. Exacta box is a possibilty and whoever gets a better price.

Race 10. #3 Mrs Grant seven just knocked off $8000 from his winnings to get back in this class. You can bet your bottom dollar he will be going for all the chips. His race of July 4 was a just miss by 3/4 lengths. The #5 Nativeforyou also made a good effort but moves up a notch.

My tri plays 3 with 5 with 7,8,9 3 with 7,8,9 with 5.

Good Luck to all.

A bad day at the office to say the least.

Race 1 #6 One Ace Too Many went of as the $1.65 favorite and finished off the board.

Race 3 #8 Phaeton broke at the gate and was nowhere to be seen.

Race 4 #1 Fysia and #3 Alamode were out.

Race 10 #3 Mrs Grant Seven got herself a good trip and had nothing in the stretch. A very bad choice considering there were other good horses in the race.#5 Nativeforyou broke at the start of the race.

Race 12 #1 Fancy a Dream went off as the second favorite and finished 2nd behind the favorite.

This one is history. Onto the next one.

trottin' hopples
07-23-2008, 05:01 AM
Botster: You might be waiting for a long time to see the trainer change on this mare unless she is sold since both the trainer (Brad Shakes) and his father (Paul) are part owners.

Sea Biscuit
07-25-2008, 08:57 AM

Good Fortune:jump:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the caution Botster. I will definitely keep that in mind. With 2 wins in 61 starts you are probably right too.[/QUOTE]

Got the flu. Been in bed with high fever for last seven days. Just opened my comp to find Escape Exit (#3) in the second race today (July 25). Another horse that I really like in this race is the #1 Nativeforyou who raced with Excape Exit on July 11. I will be boxing these two in my exactas.

My tri play 13/13/6

Can't be bothered to go through the rest of the program.

Good Luck to all.