PDA

View Full Version : British Open

andicap
07-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Any opinions from golf aficianodos about who might win the British Open?

Marshall Bennett
07-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Seems wide open , that course is brutal . Like Rocco's chances , he's been playing so well . Haven't tuned in today .

098poi
07-18-2008, 12:24 PM
The British Open seems like one of the most difficult tournaments to win, regardless of where it is played. Between the weather and the course it is wide open. It is sometimes interesting to watch the best in the world struggle at this event. I am fairly confident Tiger won't win, but he is so talented anything is possible!!!!!!!!:lol:

Pcon04
07-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Choi

he's ready and the one's around him are weak

PC

barn32
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Any opinions from golf aficianodos about who might win the British Open?

Does anyone know why the British Open is no longer (officially) called the British Open?

Greyfox
07-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know why the British Open is no longer (officially) called the British Open?

In Britain it has been referred to as "The Open" by Brits for many many years.
Snoots there believed that it was the world championship of golf.

To differentiate it from other Opens, the term British Open was employed by newspaper writers. Notice that the United States media is now calling the U.S. Open, "The Open" more and more.

Personally, I'd prefer that they keep the names British and United States in front of their tourneys. That ain't happening.

JustRalph
07-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Greg Norman marries Chris Evert and comes back to the Brit. Open playing great? What are the odds..............??? I gotta cheer for him.

Sounds like she is good for him.......... :ThmbUp:

tribecaagent
07-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Ralph,

Every time I look up, you have a different photo. What's up with that?

All kidding aside, why did David Duval fall off the face of the earth? Was he rumored to be part of the steroid thing?

One more thing. How much of a disappointment has Sergio Garcia been? He was supposed to be Tiger's equal. Same as Kobe being the next Jordan, huh?

JustRalph
07-19-2008, 02:04 AM
Ralph,

Every time I look up, you have a different photo. What's up with that?

I change often. Variety is the spice you know?

Often I change based on a Current Events topic or a particular date or anniversary etc. Around Jan 8th, Elvis's B-Day, it is usually some kind of Elvis Avatar etc.

Often my avatar jibes with a hot topic on the board maybe? Normally their is some clue........... most don't get it. Some do.........and tell me they like it.

So, I have a little fun with it...........