PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Nearly Destroys Family...Amazing Stuff

JustRalph
07-18-2008, 02:59 AM
You gotta be kidding me?

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/080717-bad-psychics.html

Many people go to psychics for a handful of typical reasons. They want to know if they will get their dream job soon, or make a big move, or end up with the hunky new guy who seems shy but might just be The One.

Most of the subjects are personal, minor, and relatively inconsequential. If the information seems valid, then the client is happy. If none of it comes true, then the subject just chalks it up to a bad reading and only loses a few bucks. No real harm done.

But what happens when the psychic lies to the client (or is wrong), telling her information that is not true about something with real-world consequences?

Consider the case of Colleen Leduc, a single mother of an autistic eleven-year-old girl in Barrie, Ontario. On May 30, she left her daughter Victoria at her elementary school. Leduc was soon called back to the school urgently, and confronted by the principal, Victoria's teacher, and a teacher's aide (educational assistant, or EA). Puzzled and alarmed, Leduc asked what was going on. The group told her that they believed that Victoria was being sexually abused. They had contacted the Children's Aid Society, a case file had been opened, and her daughter might be taken from her "for her own safety."

Leduc was shocked by the explanation: "The teacher looked at me and said: 'We have to tell you that Victoria's EA went to see a psychic and the psychic asked her if she works with a little girl with the initial V. When the EA said yes, the psychic said, 'Well, you need to know that this girl is being sexually abused by a man between the ages of 23 and 26.'" The EA reported it to the teacher, who then went to the principal, and so on.

Because Victoria is autistic, the child couldn't speak for herself about the alleged abuse. Leduc didn't believe the psychic's allegations, and said they could not be true since her daughter did not even come in contact with any men of those ages. Furthermore, Leduc could prove it: Because of Victoria's disability, Leduc had equipped her daughter with a GPS tracking system and a continuous audio recorder. A review of the audio proved that at no point was Victoria sexually abused in any way by anyone.
~more the link~

and another view of the same story.........by the wingnuts at the CFP

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/3611

equicom
08-04-2008, 01:07 PM
It doesn't prove the psychic was wrong though. Might have been the wrong "V" kid. They just jumped to the conclusion it was her because she had a disability and therefore looked like the obvious target.

But even so, for school teachers to be consulting psychics and taking it so seriously is kinda weird. Possibly the story is untrue, but if it is true then all of these people should lose their jobs for being idiots. Idiots have no place educating others.

Easy to be skeptical, but of course there is no proof that the psychic was wrong, only that the school staff were wrong. I say we should ring up that psychic and ask for a few winners at Saratoga today. That will test her credentials well enough, I reckon. :)

njcurveball
08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
It doesn't prove the psychic was wrong though.

I see a horse winning today and paying a price with the number 2. ;)

equicom
08-04-2008, 01:28 PM
lol

If it happens, you'll be convinced you're a god. :eek:

Just try selling that to someone else though. :bang:

Tom
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM

I see the jockey wearing some white in his silks.:D

equicom
08-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Yep. That seems just about vague enough to be a certainty! :D

Steve 'StatMan'
08-04-2008, 04:12 PM

Yeah, yeah. And if no number 2 horse wins at all today, we can always say there was some mixup and the 2 involve the prices, possibly a $2.80 show horse somewhere.