PDA

View Full Version : Optimistic on the ADW-THG front

NoCal Boy
07-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Maybe it is the attorney in me looking for a brokered deal, but having conversed personally with Couto in the past, and knowing the attorney in him, I find this article very promising in terms of finally getting this THG and ADW mess resolved. The TOC authorized the Del Mar signal to go out of state for TVG and Youbet only after they (and the Tracknet ADW's) agreed to sit down with the TOC/THG and negotiate on the outstanding issues, foremost open access and purse contribution. Analyze Reeves' statements and you do not see words like 1/3 of gross being used. It is much more of a negotiating stance going on with his statements. I am the believer that if you get all the interested parties at the table, you will come to an agreement after hashing out the issues. EVERYONE knows open access is the way. EVERYONE knows the current situation is unworkable for ADW splits. The problem is economics. The horsemen deserve more than 3.25%, but not anywhere near 1/3 of the gross. It is simply unworkable. The ADW companies can demonstrate why it is unworkable. But perhaps 5% works or some other agreeable number.

It was a great day at Del Mar today. I have a Youbet account so I was unaffected. My guess is after Del Mar, we will not need separate accounts. I consider myself a reasonable person. I am not a foolish optimist. This is positve ad my guess is this will be over soon. It might even be before Del Mar runs its course. But we will see.

http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/46177.htm

Tampa Russ
07-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Looks like we are now hooked up in FL for Del Mar with Twin Spires. Seems like some progress to me.

Fingal
07-17-2008, 11:18 AM
As a California resident, until I can bet DMR through Twinspires, the place Bing built doesn't exist.:mad: