PDA

View Full Version : TVG and Tracknet hold the keys

NoCal Boy
07-14-2008, 01:33 PM
In my opinion, the best (only?) way to realistically pressure the THG to come off the absurd 1/3 of gross demand, is for TVG and Tracknet to foregoe exclusivities and open up wagering on all of their tracks. This would put an end to disputes between ADW's like what is occurring at the moment with Del Mar's signal. THGhas two demands: open access for ADW's and 1/3 of gross. The former is reasonable and makes common sense. This is doable without the THG being involved. If tracks and horsemen alike see open access to their signals as a reality, the pressure on the leadership of the horsemen and the THG will be intensified to strike a reasonable balance on signals. As long as TVG and Tracknet are restrciting signals between themselves, why would the horsemen and THG agree to come off their demands?

We can all moan and groan about a boycott of certain tracks and takeouts, etc., but the bottom line is the largest piece of frustration is over the lack of open access to signals. Of course the horsemen are being unreasonable demanding 1/3 of the gross. We all know that and surely they know it as well. However, until TVG and Tracknet show a willingness to work together for open signal access, why should the horsemen give an inch?

Put another way, if TVG and Tracknet continue their greedy ways as to restricting access to signals, why shouldn't the horsemen on ADW revenues?

thruncy
07-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Who are U to define the horsemen's share of the ADW handle?

cj
07-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Who are U to define the horsemen's share of the ADW handle?

He probably is smarter than the horsemen. They have already proven they are clueless.

rrbauer
07-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Until the tracks/racing associations are pressured to stop granting exclusives, exclusives will continue. Has nothing to do with ADW companies agreeing to cooperate and to not accept exclusives.

It's a friggin' business advantage. Why would they give it up? Because some horseplayers demand it? :lol: :lol:

lamboguy
07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
its a race to see which one goes out of business first. i say tvg, anyone here say different?

i just wonder how much the racing handles drop next quarter with out a recession.

what would happen during a recession?

pick for this post, if you have assets make sure you take physical posession of them, don't have any money in financial institutions that aren't insured by FDIC, and make sure you have less than $100,000 in that institution, and better yet own some precious metals, personally i love US $50 gold eagles.

anyone that wants to laugh at me go right ahead. i doubt if you will be laughing next year!

NoCal Boy
07-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Magna could go BK so Xpressbet might get affected from that reorganization. Outside of that, I think there will be consolidation with no one going out of business. TVG is up for sale and will get sold. Youbet is a sale of UT away from being totally debt free while reducing their costs and Twinspires is part of a somewhat financially stable Churchill Downs. The others like EBETUSA are fringe players.