PDA

View Full Version : Belmonts 8th - 7/13 - Turf

cj's dad
07-13-2008, 07:59 PM
1st time starter Cable made an extremely impressive move in the last 1/16 to win by open lengths. Curious if anyone who saw the race was left in awe, as I was. His move was, at least visually, awesome!! Running so fast in the last 50 yards that he nearly lost his footing.

misscashalot
07-13-2008, 08:03 PM
A Mdn win is a Mdn win.
Company nothing special here.
Sara coming up..the true testing ground.

jognlope
07-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I saw that, he looks like a youngun, very impressive.

cj's dad
07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
A Mdn win is a Mdn win.
Company nothing special here.
Sara coming up..the true testing ground.

So, what are you saying??? That a race horse cannot be impressive in a maiden start? Makes no sense.
IF you watched the race and are not impresssed, I don't know what will!!!

cj
07-13-2008, 08:31 PM
He is a she. :)

bigmack
07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
He is a she. :)
Like L-O-L-A... Lola. La la la la Lola. (cue guitar)

I'll echo Durkin's comment about the late run of Cable.

Nifty.

CapperLou
07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Vindication just died--way too early. I remember looking at his workouts and breeding and how he looked and went to the windows with both hands as they say---gosh what a romp--under wraps the whole way with the rider having to almost hold him.

Now then----look what he did after the maiden 1st out win. He was special--jmo.

misscashalot
07-13-2008, 09:32 PM
So, what are you saying??? That a race horse cannot be impressive in a maiden start? Makes no sense.
IF you watched the race and are not impresssed, I don't know what will!!!

Last time I looked they never awarded championship status to a Maiden.
There are 5 Graded Stakes coming up at Saratoga on the grass for fillies.

Lake George July 25th Grade II
Diana July 26th I
Lake Placid Aug 15th II
Ballston Spa Aug 21st II
Glens Falls Sep 1st III

Let's see if she runs in any of them, and if she does lets see how she does.

Look..I hope you're right..that she is something special..but I've around long enough to have seen many one race wonders so as not to get excited with a Maiden win. The true test is against Graded stakes competition.

jfb
07-13-2008, 09:45 PM
1st time starter Cable made an extremely impressive move in the last 1/16 to win by open lengths. Curious if anyone who saw the race was left in awe, as I was. His move was, at least visually, awesome!! Running so fast in the last 50 yards that he nearly lost his footing.

I was very impressed. Immediately put Cable on my watch list. That puts Cable in very good company. I keep the list short, looking for horses that are or have potential to be brilliant.

In my estimate, that puts Cable in company with Zenyatta, Chelokee, Fabulous Strike, Magnificience...

cj
07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Last time I looked they never awarded championship status to a Maiden.
There are 5 Graded Stakes coming up at Saratoga on the grass for fillies.

Lake George July 25th Grade II
Diana July 26th I
Lake Placid Aug 15th II
Ballston Spa Aug 21st II
Glens Falls Sep 1st III

Let's see if she runs in any of them, and if she does lets see how she does.

Look..I hope you're right..that she is something special..but I've around long enough to have seen many one race wonders so as not to get excited with a Maiden win. The true test is against Graded stakes competition.

I think one of you is looking at this as a bettor, and one as a fan. Bettors don't care who gets "championships". They care what horses might step up in class and win at decent odds.

misscashalot
07-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I think one of you is looking at this as a bettor, and one as a fan. Bettors don't care who gets "championships". They care what horses might step up in class and win at decent odds.

I'm strictly a bettor, not a fan.

cj
07-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm strictly a bettor, not a fan.

Then why mention "championships"? If you bet, this game is about forming opinions early, before everyone else does. If this horse runs in a NW1, sure, she'll be bet heavy and probably not worth a bet. If she enters a G3, maybe she will be.

jfb
07-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Splits of the race: 23.79, 47.19, 1:11.01, 1:34.97, 1:40.97. Cable came from the back of the pack. After 6 furlongs she was 7th at the back of the pack.

She gained 7 1/2 lengths into a 29.96 final 2 1/2 furlongs. A rough estimate puts her final fraction around 28.50.

wegoosewe
08-03-2008, 10:52 AM
running today at the spa in the first.8/3/08

cj's dad
08-05-2008, 08:38 AM
After a bad start, won by a length @ even money.

Moving up the ladder. 2-2