PDA

View Full Version : Boy gets wish to meet Smarty Jones

jognlope
07-13-2008, 01:00 PM
aUYi50oD6qU

Bruddah
07-13-2008, 01:47 PM
if I ever feel like complaining, or feel as if, I have been given a "raw deal", I ask the Good Lord to remind me of this child and video.

I am humbled beyond words. Thanks for the link.

Bruddah

whyhorseofcourse
07-13-2008, 02:35 PM
I seen this on ESPN.
I laughed how they said he had "hundreds of girlfriends"..
So we should have a lot of "little Smarties" running around the track pretty soon.

jotb
07-13-2008, 03:21 PM
I really enjoyed that clip. Thank you for sharing it with the board.

Joe

jognlope
07-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Your welcome, keep me thinking it ain't all a mess afterall.

classhandicapper
07-13-2008, 04:30 PM
I saw this on ESPN recently. It brought tears to my eyes. I think the kid lives in Long Island, NY. Thanks for sharing this with others.

lilmegahertz
07-13-2008, 04:38 PM
This is a great story. I am really glad the little boy got his wish. Very heartwarming...Thanks for sharing.

joanied
07-14-2008, 10:57 AM
That video was outstanding...now I've had my little cry for the day. That little boy is amazing, the story so heartwarming, if that doesn't touch you, nothing will. Wonderful.
Horses can do so much for the handicapped, they seem to have a some special sense about it. Like my mares and even the foals did...when I was breeding my mares, they were always especially kind and careful when one of my nephews came to visit on the farm...he was born Autistic, and this kid is awesome...and he loves horses. Maybe it's because of my influence, or maybe because he was born on Kentucky Derby day. When he was with the horses there was no stopping him, and I was amazed at how wonderful the horses were with him...no matter what Connor did around them, they were aware of him and took care of him.
Thanks for the story of Smarty & this little boy.
(Attached photos of my nephew)

Living Flame
07-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Smarty Jones got his first winner the other day. La Equivocada won in her second start. :)

boomman
07-14-2008, 07:52 PM
If that piece doesn't bring tears to your eyes, nothing will! What a beautiful story! I assume that was arranged by the Make a Wish Foundation, an incredible organization that is devoted to making the wishes of very ill kids come true!
I SALUTE THEIR EFFORTS AND WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THEM ANY WAY I CAN...I hope many of you will as well.......

Boomer

joanied
07-14-2008, 08:55 PM
If that piece doesn't bring tears to your eyes, nothing will! What a beautiful story! I assume that was arranged by the Make a Wish Foundation, an incredible organization that is devoted to making the wishes of very ill kids come true!
I SALUTE THEIR EFFORTS AND WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THEM ANY WAY I CAN...I hope many of you will as well.......

Boomer

I agree... touched my heart!!
I already make donations to the Make a Wish Foundation... and the Special Olympics also...how can you resist!!

thespaah
07-14-2008, 11:02 PM
aUYi50oD6qUthat's one special kid.