PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Baze exacts a little revenge?

JustRalph
07-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I didn't get to see the race live, But after watching the replay............I gotta think that Tyler Baze was very happy to beat GGomez in the Swaps.

Baze put on a great patient ride in my opine and I can't stop cheering for this guy............ When Go Go got some of his mounts earlier in the year I read that Baze was very upset. I am looking forward to watching them at Del Mar.

Did TVG do an interview after the race with Baze? If so I would love for somebody to fill me in on what he said.

lamboguy
07-13-2008, 01:13 AM
congradulations to beau greely and his horse tres barachios, definately the best horse today. in my humble opinion, the horses in this race all stepped up to the plate and ran a great race. barachos ran a good one in the afirmed coming back after he lost second to regain second. that horse is one game animal for sure. those guys all brought us a thriller that has been lacking in this 3 yo campain.

plainolebill
07-13-2008, 04:51 AM
Tyler sure looked like a happy camper.

boomman
07-13-2008, 08:24 AM
One of the best rides by him EVER! Great ground saving trip, then shot the hole right when it opened up after the 1/4 pole! CONGRATS to the connections!

Boomer

bellsbendboy
07-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Boom

Tyler fell into a can't lose situation. Any jock in the room would have won on that horse. BBB

the little guy
07-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Boom

Tyler fell into a can't lose situation. Any jock in the room would have won on that horse. BBB

I'm already hungering for post 222. Any chance it could be to explain to us how the rail placement at Belmont yesterday resulted in Curlin's defeat? That would be epic.

Marshall Bennett
07-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Tyler in my opinion is one of the top 10 in the country right now . I'm proud of him for overcoming a rough time in his life and getting it together . :ThmbUp:

NYPlayer
07-13-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm already hungering for post 222. Any chance it could be to explain to us how the rail placement at Belmont yesterday resulted in Curlin's defeat? That would be epic.

Dear god, not another one of those conversations! What loon could possibly think there was a bias? But if I had to venture a guess as to what they might be thinking...

There was no temporary rail placement on the inner turf course - a bit unusual. Therefore, the horses breaking from the rail were running on a seldom used part of the course. The ground was more firm there than elsewhere, thus resulting in the lightning fractions set by the front runners. Curlin broke from the outside post and was ridden wide on both turns, therefore compromising his chances. Of course, this doesn't adequately explain why Red Rocks, who was also wide for at least a part of both turns, out-rallied the World's Greatest Horse. But as I said, only a loon could believe this. According to Euclid, there is always a bias on the inside, but you need to actually have a runner to take advantage.

Anyway, no one's unprovable theory "explaining" Curlin's loss can possibly upset my mood on the day. Red Rocks was a pleasant nightcap. All in all, I had a pretty swell day.

Tom
07-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Curlin got beat by a better horse ( on grass).
BC winner on the turf....Red Rocks needs a reason Curlin lost????????

boomman
07-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Boom

Totally 100% DISAGREE!! Tyler saved all the ground, and had the horse in perfect striking position at the 1/4 pole...You're saying the horse did it all by himself??? I'm the first one to say that when it actually is the case, but yesterday BAZE teamed with the horse for victory......I THINK YOU NEED TO WATCH THE REPLAY AGAIN!! (and again and again) :D

Boomer

boomman
07-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Curlin got beat by a better horse ( on grass).
BC winner on the turf....Red Rocks needs a reason Curlin lost????????

This I Do agree with 100%!!:ThmbUp:
HUGE effort by Red Rocks, a proven GRASS stakes winner.

Boomer

bellsbendboy
07-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Boom

Given the allowance conditions that the race was run under Tres Borrachos carried only 113 (one pound over) and sophomores cannot give big weight, especially over nine furlongs. Tyler did not have to make any decisions the entire trip. All over the internet posters are saying Gomez gave Colonel John a bad ride and that is simply not at all true, yet probably the reason for our contribution here. We'll agree to disagree and confirm that there are probably a few jocks in the room who would have blown the race.

The little guy

Not sure what the Man o War has to do with this topic but as NY Player stated the rail was NOT in use for the Curlin race. You should learn how race dynamics change when the rail is up, it will improve your game. BBB

Fingal
07-13-2008, 03:23 PM
One of the best rides by him EVER! Great ground saving trip, then shot the hole right when it opened up after the 1/4 pole! CONGRATS to the connections!

Boomer

Love a ride like that- leaves everyone else going " S***!!!! What the *ell happened ? Where'd he come from ???:jump:

JustRalph
07-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Love a ride like that- leaves everyone else going " S***!!!! What the *ell happened ? Where'd he come from ???:jump:

Is that a quote from Gomez???? :lol: :lol: