PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter 7/12

nobeyerspls
07-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Longball - Not that good last week. You had winners in the first legs of your pick3's but 2nds at the end. You did however have a winner that was not a favorite. That Woodbine filly was 3/2 and another in the race was 7/5. Way to go.
Chalky - And your two longshots were off the board smartass. Why didn't you post one of those Fort Erie horses?
Longball - Because folks on here don't play that track. Anyway, that was last week and I did have a 10-1 that completed an exacta under one of yours. I understand that the challenge this week is to do what every smart horseplayer does when he can't pick three.
Chalky - Right, we pick four and we'll do it at Belmont. You get the first pick four and I get the last one. And remember, your ticket has to be $8 or less.
Longball - That means that you get the Curlin race. That's OK. My ticket is:
2nd - 1 Spunky Fischbein and 8 Call Me Larry
3rd - 4 Fearless Vision and 6 City Diplomat
4th - 5 Cheetah Trail
5th - 1 High Brass and 2 Nickel Pickle
Chalky - Just like you to single a 6-1 that's been off since September. And you top that with Nickel Pickle who beat one horse at Ellis in his only race last July.
Longball - Yeah but look at Cheetah Trail's race off the shelf at Gulfstream, hesitated at the start and came flying. And Nickle Pickle's broodmare sire is Mt. Livermore who's daughters produce turf sprinters. So what's your ticket, an $8 single with all the favorites.
Chalky - Not quite but there might be a couple of favorites. Here it is:
7th - 3 Quixotic Lassie
8th - Horses one through four.
9th - 7 Curlin
10th - 3 Ranger James and 9 Smart Enuf
Longball - I like your freshened filly in the 7th and your turf maiden picks are logical, but I'm surprised that you went with Curlin. All the wise guys we'll be trying to beat him. I saw Deputy Minister's momma set a track record at the time on the Fort Erie turf and I was at Woodbine for Big Red's last race. He won easily on a soft turf course that was probably not his best surface.
Chalky - Surface/shmurface. This guy can run on marshmallows or broken glass. His turf breeding isn't the best but it's sufficient for this bunch. And get this, he gets weight from three of these.
Longball - Ok, I'm convinced. I'll put some of my Nickel Pickel winnings on him.