PDA

View Full Version : Drf Saratoga trainer stats

turfbar
07-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Stop the presses. Don't buy this crap. I just did and receieved yesterday ,bought both the Saratoga trainer stats and Del Mar editions,what a waste of money.One would think you would find some juicy ideas for the upcoming meet.... wrong its 40% favorites anywho,but the one matter that I specifaclly would like to attack is thier equipment change data,seiously what does DRF think that us horseplayers are fools, we all know that it is the 2nd time
blinks-on or 2nd time blinks -off is where the gold is. Wouldn't you think with all thier data based information they could give us a statistic on 2nd time
b-on/b-off. Let me reinforce this, yesterday at Belmont 9th race 1 mile on turf the 3 horse Hanginbyathread trained by Carlos Martin(whom I consider the mac-daddy of all 2x blinkers off),wins and pays a healthy$18.40,on top of a near $100 gimmick.Let me also say this move was thinly disguised as this horse changed hands from Phil Serpe to Carlos.So as I thumb thru this DRF booklet I look up Carlos Martin bon 11 starts win %-0.09 ROI 0.47
boff 4 starts win % 0.00 ROI 0.00
I look up Phil Serpe bon 4 starts Zilch
boff 2 starts .50% ROI 6.70
They sell this crap for $20 bucks a copy.
In the age of full disclosure someone should tell Steve Crist and his computer to give us some real STATS.

Thanx 4 the soapbox
Turfbar

njcurveball
07-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Another reason to buy HDW data as they include all the trainer stats for free. Thanks for the suggestion for 2nd time blinkers on/off. I will inquire if they can add that one. :ThmbUp:

Trainer stats are a lot like Mayo. It is REQUIRED on a sandwich, but you cannot enjoy it alone. And some people are content to eat theirs without Mayo.

The improvement or decline of a horse is the place where these stats shed the most light.

$20 seems pricey considering the competition includes them for free.

Jim

turfbar
07-13-2008, 10:13 AM
What competition are you talking about? Free ? where?
How do I get this?
Check yesterday's 8th race Belmont look closely at the winner.

Turfbar

andicap
07-13-2008, 03:56 PM
If you really want good trainer info check out www.trainer-profiles.com (http://www.trainer-profiles.com).

(I am in no way affiliated with this company)

classhandicapper
07-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Spend some time, Use Formulator, and define whatever parameters you want. You can study one trainer at a time and know most of what you need to know about strengths, weaknesses, long and short term success etc... You can even look at the PP of the horses. If you are a regular user and save all the PPs, you can go back and look at the races themselves if you want to get very detailed in your study. It takes some time, but if you study one or two trainers per night, it doesn't take long come up with a lot of good ideas.

BillW
07-13-2008, 05:52 PM
What competition are you talking about? Free ? where?
How do I get this?
Check yesterday's 8th race Belmont look closely at the winner.

Turfbar

I'll play. Trainer had 40+% win rate in the last month going in?

garyscpa
07-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I'll play. Trainer had 40+% win rate in the last month going in?

2nd time blinkers on.

Tom
07-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Spend some time, Use Formulator.....~ It takes some time, but if you study one or two trainers per night, it doesn't take long come up with a lot of good ideas.

I thought Formulator files "expired" as far as internet access the night after the race was run? Did that change?

BeatTheChalk
07-13-2008, 07:22 PM
If you really want good trainer info check out www.trainer-profiles.com (http://www.trainer-profiles.com).

(I am in no way affiliated with this company)

Thanks and the web site is using the latest hottest way to keep yawl at the
site. The use of the Little Video ... located at the bottom of the web site..
to inject a bit of the human touch. Starting to pop up all around.

I am in no way affiliated with the person who stated theif non affiliation :lol:

classhandicapper
07-14-2008, 08:33 AM
I thought Formulator files "expired" as far as internet access the night after the race was run? Did that change?

Tom,

The hot links expire, but you can save the PPs.

What I do is use a current Formulator file to find whatever trainer I want to study. I define the parameters I am interested in. All the horses that fit that criteria come up with the stats. I can then look at the current PPs of any of those horses if I want to get detailed. If I am interested in a "back race" I can always look at one of the old cards I have saved (I get Formulator every day for all the major tracks). The hot links won't work but I can see the field and what the horse looked like relative to the competition etc...

Tom
07-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Class.

I used to buy the unlimited DRF plans and download every card every day for a few years, then they pissed me off over some petty thing and I quit using them. Just buy a card here and there now. I'll check out the trainer stats, though......never really used that feature.