PDA

View Full Version : Simultcasting Programs

badcompany
07-11-2008, 12:05 AM
They need to have tabs separating the tracks. I was recently at the Meadowlands and bought a simultcasting program. It had fifteen different tracks. By the time you find the track you want to bet, the race is already over.

Pace Cap'n
07-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Use paper clips.

johnav
07-11-2008, 03:34 PM
They need to have tabs separating the tracks. I was recently at the Meadowlands and bought a simultcasting program. It had fifteen different tracks. By the time you find the track you want to bet, the race is already over.

Get a couple of those Avery labels,(tear or cut them to make smaller if desired) use them as tabs (fold over and stick to page) and write the track name on the label!

Zman179
07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't know anymore. Don't print enough tracks, or sell them all separately and people complain. Put in too many tracks and people complain. Geez, where is the middleground? :confused:

badcompany
07-12-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't know anymore. Don't print enough tracks, or sell them all separately and people complain. Put in too many tracks and people complain. Geez, where is the middleground? :confused:

People here are always talking about ways to bring new people into the game. If it's hard for someone like me, who has been playing horses for 25 years, to negotiate the program, could you imagine what it would be like a for a beginner?

Thanks for the paper clip idea, PC.

Zman179
07-12-2008, 08:21 AM
I understand what you're saying, but only a hardened horseplayer is going to go to The Meadowlands for simulcasting. The majority of new players are going to go for the live races and purchase the single live program for a buck.

The problem that I have with the Med simulcast book isn't that they put in a 10-12 tracks in a book. It's that when they do so, it's one race per page...which means in a 14 horse field you'll only get 1 or 2 lines per horse. And the way I handicap, anything less than 5 lines per horse renders the race unplayable. In this instance, I would say that Med should split the tracks into two separate books so that players could get more information.