PDA

View Full Version : Summit of Speed & TwinSpires

Otis11
07-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Does anyone know if we TwinSpires account holders will be able to play the SOS this Saturday? Nothing posted on the TS site as of Thursday evening.

cj
07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't think so, but even if you could, why support them?

trigger
07-10-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't think so, but even if you could, why support them?

All ADWs except some in NY and off shore still barred. Simulcasts of Calder to tracks and OTBs now available.

rrbauer
07-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Get in your car. Go to the nearest gas station and fill up with $4+ gas and drive to your nearest simulcast site to bet on Calder and eat warmed-over whatever masquerading as food. Or, stay home, skip the gas pump, skip the simulcast site, eat some real food and bet on some real tracks via ADW.

One of the easiest decisions you will ever make!

DeanT
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Anytime something like this is changed it is a fight and the customer ends up getting the shaft. Rich is right on with that. Climbing into a car and going to bet and not offering another avenue is crazy in this day and age. Like Nick Kling of the Troy Record said in a piece (paraphrased) 'I can bet a stock half way around the world in China at the click of a mouse, but not racing from down the street?'

Systemically something is very broken. And taking $$ away from the resellers is not the answer.

I do not know what the answer is, but check out how the rest of the world bets. This is an ad from the recently done deal in Australia with betfair. There they have an interface which lets traders bet exchange betting, but if they want, with the click of a mouse, they can bet any track right into the pools too. Any track, everywhere, in the same account. $2 bettors and $200 bettors, doesnt matter. Everyone can play, and it does not matter what state you live in.

Or have a quinella, exacta, trifecta, daily double or quaddie – on all races, from all codes. All from the one account.

http://www.betfair.com.au/promo/index-tote.asp?rfr=4549&sid=9

Imo, that is what these guys should be fighting towards. It is a hell of a lot more productive than sitting around griping about their slice of a shrinking market. It is a complete waste of time, imo.

cj
07-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm all for lower takeout, and I think it is a battle worth fighting. However, priority number one in my opinion should be getting us to be able to bet ALL tracks with whichever provider WE CHOOSE!

DeanT
07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm all for lower takeout, and I think it is a battle worth fighting. However, priority number one in my opinion should be getting us to be able to bet ALL tracks with whichever provider WE CHOOSE!
That is why I highlighted that part of the release.

A company that does not even do business in Australia goes in and gets every track on their menu, with two forms of gambling. We can not do that and we have had 100 years to try!