PDA

View Full Version : BEL9 Oddity

ryesteve
07-10-2008, 03:27 PM
How many times have you seen a 12 horse field where almost every horse has double-digit ML odds? (the ML fav is 8-1).
This is what happens when a 3/5 ML fav is scratched.

Question: why was a Grade I horse entered in a low level restricted claimer in the first place?? Did they think this was an Optional claimer?

HUSKER55
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
I have never been able to get any value from a m/l. To the people who can,...go with my blessing. I gave up on that a long time ago. When I down load past performances I get the version without them.

Good, bad ,right, or wrong I feel that if you want to follow someone else then why handicap a race yourself. I am only interested in who I think has the best chance of winning and what is the public offering.

I remember reading somewhere that the TOP 5 had a 90% chance of containing the winner. I think pitching pennies could do that good. That means you have 5 chances to pick a winner out of a twelve horse field and you are wrong once a day per card. If memory serves, that number included all field sizes for all races.

Until someone proves me wrong I think I'll pass.

husker55

:)

eastie
07-10-2008, 05:10 PM
how did Mr Sam I AM open 7/2 ? the only way he wins this race going this far is without a little extra help. He doesn't go by. I'm boxing 1 3 6, but if Sam wins I'll know why.

ryesteve
07-10-2008, 06:53 PM
I have never been able to get any value from a m/l. To the people who can,...go with my blessing. I gave up on that a long time ago. When I down load past performances I get the version without them.Ok... I'm not sure what this has to do with the original post, but ok...

Dave Schwartz
07-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Steve,

Interesting race.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Dave

HUSKER55
07-10-2008, 09:07 PM
I thought I was somewhere else when I wrote it. Sorry.

I'll have to pay better attention

husker55

:)