PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson?

so.cal.fan
07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bigmack
07-10-2008, 01:47 PM
For anyone not up on the latest JJ sideshow:

Jackson was appearing on Fox News on July 6 when a microphone picked up his remark suggesting that Obama was ``talking down to black people'' in recent speeches at black churches.

He then said, referring to Obama, ``I want to cut his nuts off,'' :lol:

...Jackson's comments were criticized by his son, Representative Jesse Jackson Jr., (JJJ) an Illinois Democrat and a national co-chairman of Obama's presidential campaign.

``I thoroughly reject and repudiate his ugly rhetoric,'' the lawmaker said in a statement. ``He should keep hope alive and any personal attacks and insults to himself.'' :lol:

Where's Don King when you need him? Only in America!

Greyfox
07-10-2008, 02:13 PM
The true character of a man is revealed when he thinks that no one is watching or listening. (In this instance, Jackson thought wrong.)

Tom
07-10-2008, 02:31 PM
And he said it twice.....the fool.
Or is he?
Was it intentional?
Hmmmmmm.:confused:

I have never seen a campaign so cursed in all my life.
Every "reverand" who comes down the pike is bad newxs for Obama.
Is this a sign from above?
Is this Divine Intervention?

Barry Hussein sure seems to be on the wrong side of religion. :lol::lol:

Indulto
07-10-2008, 02:40 PM
For anyone not up on the latest JJ sideshow:

Jackson was appearing on Fox News on July 6 when a microphone picked up his remark suggesting that Obama was ``talking down to black people'' in recent speeches at black churches.

He then said, referring to Obama, ``I want to cut his nuts off,'' :lol:

...Jackson's comments were criticized by his son, Representative Jesse Jackson Jr., (JJJ) an Illinois Democrat and a national co-chairman of Obama's presidential campaign.

``I thoroughly reject and repudiate his ugly rhetoric,'' the lawmaker said in a statement. ``He should keep hope alive and any personal attacks and insults to himself.'' :lol:

Where's Don King when you need him? Only in America!BgM,
Jesse must have felt that Jess was getting too much attention.;)

Long an albatross around the neck of the Democrats, Jackson is Reverend Wrong whose words drive people toward Obama.

But now Obama is hitting his own-foot-shooting bullseyes. If he thinks he can reverse himself on Iraq and still beat McCain, he's getting advice from the wrong reverends as he now considers channeling public funds to churches.

So much for mission statements.

JustRalph
07-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Come on guys! We have signs to make!!!

http://www.justralph.com/jackson_obama.jpg

Reminds me of when Reagan thought the Mic was off too.......... :lol:

Marshall Bennett
07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
At least the culprit wasn't white , wouldn't that have stirred up shit !!

Indulto
07-10-2008, 03:52 PM
At least the culprit wasn't white , wouldn't that have stirred up shit !!Just wondering whether you wear your operator's uniform, ll tt, when you elevate the level of discussion here. ;)

HUSKER55
07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
The honorable Rev Jessie Jackson is entitled to his opinion just like Rev White. He wants to cut Obamas balls off. Nothing wrong with that. He is just calling a spade a spade,...and he should know.

Right?

husker55

:)

Marshall Bennett
07-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Just wondering whether you wear your operator's uniform, ll tt, when you elevate the level of discussion here. ;)
Just stating a fact , elevate your own point , sounds like your the one ducking in behind the bush , spit it out , we're adults here .

riskman
07-10-2008, 06:44 PM
The honorable Rev Jessie Jackson is entitled to his opinion just like Rev White. He wants to cut Obamas balls off. Nothing wrong with that. He is just calling a spade a spade,...and he should know.

Right?

husker55

Are you scheduled to be on the Don Imus show in the morning asking for forgiveness or did I read your remarks incorrectly?

jognlope
07-10-2008, 08:49 PM
we are so lucky we aren't caught on microphone...as for government handouts, hey gov, if you don't want anyone to take advantage of them, monitor the programs, or don't give out the benefits. It's the system's fault, not the peoples, black, white, orange or whoever. A social program is only as good as its auditing system.

HUSKER55
07-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Riskman,

If you think Obama is presidential timber then have at it. Jesse Jackson voiced his opinion and I happen to think he is right. JJ has more going for him and I happen to think his opinion matters. He just said what most people think.

You are entitled to your opinion.

But then again, so am I.

husker55

Shenanigans
07-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Riskman,

If you think Obama is presidential timber then have at it. Jesse Jackson voiced his opinion and I happen to think he is right. JJ has more going for him and I happen to think his opinion matters. He just said what most people think.

You are entitled to your opinion.

But then again, so am I.

husker55

Maybe I haven't been paying much attention to Obama's speeches, but can you explain to me exactly how he is "talking down to black people"? IMO, he's talked down to the "blue collar worker" and even "typical white folk" but I have yet to hear him talk down to black people.

Indulto
07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Just stating a fact , elevate your own point , sounds like your the one ducking in behind the bush , spit it out , we're adults here .Not sure about you, ll tt.

Now I can see the hat. It reads, "ellevattor operator." :D

Isn't it more fun to discriminate based on terminating double consonants than on race or color?

JustRalph
07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Maybe I haven't been paying much attention to Obama's speeches, but can you explain to me exactly how he is "talking down to black people"? IMO, he's talked down to the "blue collar worker" and even "typical white folk" but I have yet to hear him talk down to black people.

Jackson was referring to a speech that Obama gave where he castigated the "black community" for the crisis of unwed mothers and absent fathers in that community. And he did it in a so called "black church" It was Obama's Bill Cosby moment and it was mostly ignored until Jackson decided it required a medical procedure as a response

Tom
07-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Jesse's son was outraged over daddy's comments and basically threw him under the bus. Getting crowded under there. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
07-11-2008, 11:00 AM
In no way should anyone think that this whole drama was some sort of accident. I've seen broadway plays that looked less staged than what Jesse tried to pull off there...

The purpose of the whole thing remains a bit unclear to me, as part of me believes this event was orchestrated by the Obama camp in order to provide separation between Obama and Jackson such that "white folk" get the clear message that Obama ain't no Jesse Jackson.

But that would require Jesse throwing himself under the Obama bus, which isn't too out of the realm of possibility considering a) free publicity for Jackson, who loves publicity and has been out of the spotlight for quite some time AND b) perhaps Obama promised JJ some sort of appointment in his administration should he be elected in Nov.

lsbets
07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree PA - the whole thing seemed staged to me. Its too good of a setup - what better way to separate Obama from some of the more radical elements he has been associated with than to have JJ say he wants to cut his nuts off? Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but Obama has proven to be a shrewd, cunning, conniving, typical dishonest politician, so why should this event be any different?

so.cal.fan
07-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Interesting take, PA.....you may be exactly right!

GaryG
07-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Interesting take, PA.....you may be exactly right!Surgeon General?

PaceAdvantage
07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Surgeon General?Now that was funny!

so.cal.fan
07-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Obama has a particular arrogance about him that I find disturbing.
I have not seen the same "quality" in any of the Presidents I can remember, which would include:
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush Sr.
Clinton
George W.

The above list would also include their opponents from the opposite party.
Even Kerry was not as arrogant as Obama.
This man, Obama seems to think it's his "divine" right to rule the United States.
I find it very troublesome and I am very sorry he is the candidate of the Democratic Party. I voted in the California primary for Hillary Clinton.

JustRalph
07-11-2008, 11:29 AM
I think you guys give jackson way too much credit. I think he was just shooting his mouth off............remember, he has a mistress and a "Love Child" so Obama was "talking down" to him also..............He was just plain ole offended if you ask me................end of story.

Gary, I was worried about you.................Welcome back

GaryG
07-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Gary, I was worried about you.................Welcome backThanks Ralph, starting to work on the move. Women always seem to get their way.

46zilzal
07-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Obama has a particular arrogance about him that I find disturbing.

Confidence in oneself is alway mis-interpreted as arrogance. Never fails to amuse me.

Marshall Bennett
07-11-2008, 11:56 AM
May just be a matter of two idiots banging heads . :D

boxcar
07-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Confidence in oneself is alway mis-interpreted as arrogance. Never fails to amuse me.

Doesn't take very much to amuse small minds, does it? Nonetheless, try to wrap yours around this:

Main Entry:arrogance
Pronunciation:*ar-*-g*n(t)s
Function:noun
Date:14th century

: a feeling or an impression of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or presumptuous claims

Main Entry:1confidence
Pronunciation:*k*n-f*-d*n(t)s, -*den(t)s
Function:noun
Date:14th century

1 a : a feeling or consciousness of one's powers or of reliance on one's circumstances *had perfect confidence in her ability to succeed* *met the risk with brash confidence* b : faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way *have confidence in a leader*
2 : the quality or state of being certain : CERTITUDE *they had every confidence of success*

<cut to save space>

A little hint: The two words aren't synonymous. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
07-11-2008, 12:02 PM
I think you guys give jackson way too much credit. I think he was just shooting his mouth off............remember, he has a mistress and a "Love Child" so Obama was "talking down" to him also..............He was just plain ole offended if you ask me................end of story.

Gary, I was worried about you.................Welcome back

I think your take on the situation is spot on. Don't forget: To a lot of blacks (including the SCL), NoBama just ain't black enough! (Also, recall Sharpton's disparaging remarks about him?) This means he doesn't speak the "real" black man's language.

Boxcar

delayjf
07-11-2008, 12:34 PM
At least the culprit wasn't white , wouldn't that have stirred up shit !!
Along these lines, there is now a racial controversy in Dallas TX due to a white mans use of the term "Black Hole" - Apparently he was using the term as a metaphoric description of the parking ticket collection system. Use of the term "Black Hole" apparently offended the black counsel members who demanded an apology - The white council member refused
http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/07/dallas-county-meeting-turns-ra.html

46zilzal
07-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Arrogance is subjective and confidence is OBJECTIVE...big difference.

boxcar
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Only in the eyes of the blind!

Boxcar

Tom
07-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Arrogance is subjective and confidence is OBJECTIVE...big difference.And outright stupidity is annoying.

Greyfox
07-11-2008, 01:23 PM

Confidence "levels" are objective.
Self-confidence, by definition, is subjective.

Self confidence = a Trust that you can do something + Humility
SC = T + H

Arrogance = a Trust that you can do something - Humility.
A = T - H

46zilzal
07-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Confidence "levels" are objective.
Self-confidence, by definition, is subjective.

Self confidence = a Trust that you can do something + Humility
SC = T + H

Arrogance = a Trust that you can do something - Humility.
A = T - H
Evaluated by an observer, as these were, rank the observations as SUBJECTIVE.

Greyfox
07-11-2008, 01:38 PM
When someone is labelled as arrogant that is usually someone elses subjective opinion not an objective determination. Most individuals have blind spots that do not allow themselves to see themselves as others see them when they are being subjectively judged as arrogant.

Psychological instruments can be used to determine degrees of arrogance or self confidence. If you want to believe that paper and pencil tests truly measure these traits objectively, then fine. Personally, I don't believe that. Hence, estimates of arrogance and self-confidence are subjective judgements.

Tom
07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Fox, 46 is the expert here.
He has had years of Special High Intensity Training.
In fact, he may be full of Special High Intensity Training.
One never knows.

:lol:

Greyfox
07-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Good one Tom. :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Along these lines, there is now a racial controversy in Dallas TX due to a white mans use of the term "Black Hole" - Apparently he was using the term as a metaphoric description of the parking ticket collection system. Use of the term "Black Hole" apparently offended the black counsel members who demanded an apology - The white council member refused
http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/07/dallas-county-meeting-turns-ra.html

If I was the head of the council who is catching hell for using "Black hole" I would immediately schedule a press conference where a professor explains what a black hole is and then introduce an ordinance to rename the traffic bureau the "BLack Hole" and tell those offended to shove it. I might also remind them that their crap is leaving a black mark on the city and explain that I am tired of their black hearted ways. I would suggest that if they keep it up the city might be blackballed or blacklisted. I would then invite those who are still upset to move to Blackstrap, saskatchewan ................

bigmack
07-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole." :lol::lol:

Please be advised that black belt, black hole, pitch black, Black Hawk, jet black, or Karen Black, are now officially off limits to use in everyday discourse.

Thank you for your cooperation.

JustRalph
07-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole." :lol::lol:

Please be advised that black belt, black hole, pitch black, Black Hawk, jet black, or Karen Black, are now officially off limits to use in everyday discourse.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Don't forget the "Man in Black" boy that could start a damn war today......

ddog
07-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Sorry, just like JJ this stuff is all so 60s it reaks.

arrogance is when you HAVE done it.

Stick that in your Black Hole.
Or put it under your White Hat.

Them that can DO.
Them that can't, look for something to make themselves "feel" better about not doing it.

As for blind spots, maybe that is not the problem,maybe the other one is blind to his spots?

Thats' why ....

Airy fairy stuff is for the birds.

Worry less about the other guy in this regard and keep to your own business.

ponyplayerdotca
07-11-2008, 09:29 PM
The last two elections in the USA (2000 and 2004) were monumentally close, such that the popular vote was seemingly split "right down the middle".

Both times, the Republicans won.

But with regard to this election, I really think the undecideds will not go into the booth wondering if they should vote D or R, but whether or not they are going to vote for a caucasian or an African-American (half anyway).

Simply put, I don't think the American people are going to put an African American into the White House. Not at this point in our living society anyway.

Don't know why I feel that way, but even after these last 8 years of Republican rule, I make them an even money favorite to get in again with McCain. The Dems? I make them no better than 5-2.

Thoughts?

boxcar
07-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Fox, 46 is the expert here.
He has had years of Special High Intensity Training.
In fact, he may be full of Special High Intensity Training.
One never knows.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You say, "expert"? The above training you mentioned makes him the world's most renowned and undisputed authority!

Boxcar

Shenanigans
07-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Jackson was referring to a speech that Obama gave where he castigated the "black community" for the crisis of unwed mothers and absent fathers in that community. And he did it in a so called "black church" It was Obama's Bill Cosby moment and it was mostly ignored until Jackson decided it required a medical procedure as a response

I heard that speech and it didn't sound like he was talking "down" to anyone. He was just telling the truth.

JustRalph
07-12-2008, 12:13 AM
I heard that speech and it didn't sound like he was talking "down" to anyone. He was just telling the truth.

Agreed!

chickenhead
07-12-2008, 12:38 AM

the old timey black leaders have a big problem with Obama, the first black guy with a shot, because he's showing them all up so badly. And he has the gall (and smarts) to have little need or use for them. Don't think Rev. Wright and Rev. J don't have this in common, in a large way.

Talk about a shot to the ego...these guys been talking smack for all these years, thinking they knew something...and some 15 yr old African dude with big ears and a terrorist name blows by them all, and makes it look easy....just by acting somewhat normal.

Obama is a serious blow to the franchise.

Greyfox
07-12-2008, 01:25 AM
...and some 15 yr old African dude with big ears and a terrorist name blows by them all, and makes it look easy....just by acting somewhat normal.

Obama is a serious blow to the franchise.

Very wise comments for sure chickenhead.
You've made some good points.
One point of departure though, in my mind if not reality is,
if Obama's been acting "normal" by flip flopping you've hit the nail on the head.
Personally, I see normal = consistency.

Just a thought.

bigmack
07-12-2008, 03:58 AM
he has the gall (and smarts) to have little need or use for them. Don't think Rev. Wright and Rev. J don't have this in common, in a large way.

big ears and a terrorist name blows by them all, and makes it look easy....just by acting somewhat normal.
Rev. Wrong & JJ kept/keep their hold intact, and required, a voluminous amount of people staying in a life that needed reasons, other than themselves, to account for their lives. If there's one thing JJ will always strongly defend, it's for the continuance of his peoples status q. It gives him a reason to do whatever it is that he does.

Making it all look easy has been a cakewalk for Mr. O. Not really getting ones hands dirty (or even remotely involved) ain't somethin' he'll be able to sustain much longer.

wonatthewire1
07-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Very wise comments for sure chickenhead.
You've made some good points.
One point of departure though, in my mind if not reality is,
if Obama's been acting "normal" by flip flopping you've hit the nail on the head.
Personally, I see normal = consistency.

Just a thought.

Hi Greyfox

Could you provide the name(s) of a few politicians that have never flip flopped?

Thanks in advance!

Won

The Judge
07-12-2008, 09:38 AM
is getting old and it showed. I think you should want the younger generation to take over as a matter of fact you should be training them to do just that.

Unfortunately some people just can't seem to step aside.

JustRalph
07-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Anybody heard the rumors about what Jesse said that BillO didn't air?

Let's just say he may have called Obama a name that might reveal a rift in the "black" vote..............

Btw, the rumor is he called him the title of a Cher Song............ :lol:

and used the "N" word in a not so friendly manner............ :lol:

will it come out???? who knows what he really said. But I am surprised it hasn't come out yet

Hank
07-16-2008, 01:38 PM
In no way should anyone think that this whole drama was some sort of accident. I've seen broadway plays that looked less staged than what Jesse tried to pull off there...

The purpose of the whole thing remains a bit unclear to me, as part of me believes this event was orchestrated by the Obama camp in order to provide separation between Obama and Jackson such that "white folk" get the clear message that Obama ain't no Jesse Jackson.

But that would require Jesse throwing himself under the Obama bus, which isn't too out of the realm of possibility considering a) free publicity for Jackson, who loves publicity and has been out of the spotlight for quite some time AND b) perhaps Obama promised JJ some sort of appointment in his administration should he be elected in Nov.

:lol::lol:

skate
07-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Greyfox

Could you provide the name(s) of a few politicians that have never flip flopped?

Thanks in advance!

Won

Why would a flip flop be wrong?

Now if we get to the point (getting close) flip flop ...flip flop...etc.
With no good reason, and the flip involves a complete reverse of your TOTAL , or even 50%, thinking, without giving a good reason, den you da man! Oh yeh!

hcap
07-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Professor Irwin Corey strikes again.

Tom
07-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I understood him. His point was quite clear, and appropriate, too.
If you don't flip sometimes, you flop.
If you flip flop once, fine, but flip flop flip and you're in trouble.

Greyfox
07-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi Greyfox

Thanks in advance!

Won

With new information anyone is capable and possibly should change their opinions. Taking a staunch stance on something and then revoking it the next day or week for an antithesis of the original idea makes little sense. That is a flip flop. Do that frequently enough and you earn the moniker of "flip flopper."
Get it? The equation is: flip flop x frequency = flip flopper.

Obama is a flip flopper.

Pols that never changed their minds frequently enough to earn that label would include Margaret Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Adolph Hitler, Napoleon, Stalin, and Governor Spitzer. :lol:

hcap
07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
:D
But he is channeling Irwin Corey.
Only explanation. I did like the Professor.

Now skate don't let that go to your head.

hcap
07-16-2008, 02:50 PM
The equation is: flip flop x frequency = flip flopper.

Obama is a flip flopper.

Or flip flop^(2) = flip flop squared
Or flip flop^(4) = flip flop to the 4th power.

Gee, and I thought all politics was irrational :cool:

Tom
07-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Ralph........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080717/ap_on_re_us/jackson_n_word

Tom
07-16-2008, 11:36 PM
He lives in world full of wonder,
Lying there under the sea.
They call him Flipper.....

b1PVOOpx5IU

skate
07-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I understood him. His point was quite clear, and appropriate, too.
If you don't flip sometimes, you flop.

If only i had enough time i'd shorten up my sentences.

Say Tom, it's a medical fact, Hiccups will cause indistinct shapes.

riskman
07-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Obama should say nothing. Don't reverse any of his stands (such as they are). Just smile beatifically and answer every simple question with "it's all about change and hope." If the question is more complex, then answer: "Americans want change in their pockets and in their hearts: It is time to change hope for change into change for hope so that hoping change will change how hope for change changes change."

That's it. It worked for Reagan. It'll work for Obama.

Tom
07-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Except Reagan delivered.