PDA

View Full Version : why is gold

lamboguy
07-10-2008, 04:13 AM
going to $1200 by the end of 2008. that is going to be a pretty simple answer. fanny and freddy may have $4.1 trillion worth of overated bonds floating thruout the system. when those don't get paid back will the government who supposedly guaranteed them honor their comitment? if they do honor it will they print up more paper, or tax the taxpayers even more to pay the debt? either answer brings the value of the dollar down, and gold is inverse to the dollar.

on tuesday fanny mae stock got hammered on big volume. i guarantee you it wasn't your aunt mary or uncle tom selling the stock either! bernanke went on television tuesday and said he would not let fanny or freddie fall off the cliff. maybe that means he will bail them out at any cost like he had to do for bear sterns. i cannot even fathom how fast bear went down. they have always been a highly respected firm for many years. one thing i do know is when other financial firms smell blood, they kick them harder when they are down.

lamboguy
07-11-2008, 08:20 AM
republicans hate these 2 company's to the nines, always have and always will.
they figure fanny mae is just another word for welfare for the middle class. theya re kinda right. why should anyone guarantee a bustout. if the stiff don't pay they guarantee the money. the real colapse in real estate has not even begun yet. the conventional mortgages with all the pmi insurances are about to go bad. if no one can pay for your home, the price goes down. not to many people have enough money to pay cash to buy a home.

the next shoe to drop other than these morgage guarantee company's will be other big financial institutuions such as lehman, or merril lynch, maybe even american distress, i mean express.

i suggest if you have any stock certificates sitting with any transfer agents, that you request the certificates and place them in your hands. i am not to sure about certificates of deposits are trustworthy either.

i hope its mccain and romney to bail us out of this mess. i met romney 25 years ago, he is one sharp guy, and knows exactly whats going on right now.

lamboguy
07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
i don't want to sound like a pumper, but i like this stock in a big way!

there is a guy on this board telling you to short gold and silver, he must either be nuts in the head or working for a broker dealer that is trapped into this bad trade of short the metals and stocks.

TRE will have some exceleration to the upside, the last time sinclair had a public company he took it up to the moon, why not this one?

ddog
07-11-2008, 08:25 PM
lambo, the pugs are going all in for the bailout , if it comes to that.
they were falling all over themselves to step into the breach today.

When everyone "knows" the Feds will bail them out then they are a Fed guarantee and are played that way.

how bout that "short" gold call someone made.
hardly. Hope they still have a house! :lol:

As I said LONG ago , fan and fred will get hit and will get sterilized, Bernake will open the window for short term and we will be right on down the road to a no failure capitalist society.
Those don't work well at all.

All the FAUx conservatives that bitch and moan about trivial stuff concerning Obsama and Mcaint are so distracted that they seem not to see that their country is being bled like a stuck hog right infront of their closed eyes.

Also, as I said long ago, all that "funny HOT money" that drifted overseas , well that HAD to come back , guess what , check out the import price figures today.

Very bad and only the start.

if we don't raise rates like NOW, this is going to get very bloody, very bloody indeed.

Cut out the cancer(price inflation) before you are consumed.
You must get much weaker in the short run to bounce back with a strong savings based and sound money economy.

Ideally fan and fred would not be allowed to take any new loans and should be forced to get rid of the book they have and just fade away.

They have not helped in regards to afforable housing and should not exist.

Else, you will bounce from bubble to bubble with no real lasting benefits for the masses.

Oh well.............it could have been a nice country for old men.

lamboguy
07-11-2008, 10:18 PM
if they raise rates, no one gonna be able to payoff the republican holders of the debt. that ain't gonna happen. insurance comany's are the largest holders of conventional mortages. they are guaranteed by fanny and freddy, a public company backed by the taxpayers. this is what has happened to our great system, but you cannot just blame the republicans, the dems are just as bad.

they went along with the plan too! the thing that gets me is that we have elected these scoundrals. this has to be the worst congress i have ever seen. i am going to go a step further, the rest of the governments in this world have no inclanation of doing whats right for their constituants either. i guess poor government is contagious!

prospector
07-11-2008, 11:33 PM
"i guess poor government is contagious!"

i now believe in change....i'm gonna try to change every current represenative i have..:)... unless they vote to drill now

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Like I heard a commentator say recently, simply vote out every single incumbent, no matter the political persuasion of the opponent.

That would send a message.

ezpace
07-13-2008, 10:36 PM
9trillion in debt..ALL FIAT MONEY returns to it's intrinsic value

some sooner than others .... gold,silver, platinum is nobodies debt,

unlike our US-PESO , It has

one direction to go with the bunch of misfits we've had since Eisenhower.

safehaven.com ..go to archives Antal Fekete.. read "the devolution of your money" essay... all of his stuff his good and honest. IMO

skate
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
9trillion in debt..ALL FIAT MONEY returns to it's intrinsic value

one direction to go with the bunch of misfits we've had since Eisenhower.

safehaven.com ..go to archives Antal Fekete.. read "the devolution of your money" essay... all of his stuff his good and honest. IMO

Good point about "since Ike". Congress makes law and we've been building this Entitlement Program situation with a 80% Democratic congress. poop hits the wall and we want to blame the present administration, ok fine.

Who put these people in office?

The amount of debt only hurts the economy when the amount of debt is cut, at least that's what history says.

Who voted for the frig... people who've been putting entitlements programs into effect, year after year after year 50/60 years and now the same people want me to Cry,:lol:

skate
07-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Acorn, Countrywide and congress were partners, IMO.

And the people wanted the gift, and so they voted.:D

lamboguy
07-14-2008, 08:29 PM
you guys are all spot on, great posts

TRE still looks dynamite, the stock closed over $5.00 again, and i am gonna get real wild here, i am saying this thing will be over $50 within 18 months.

it sounds like a pump, but its really not, for those of you that respect my opinion, i wish you the best, and hope you ride this baby.

its true after truman and eisenhower our leaders have been quite weak. no one wants to work, a kid that brings home a bad report card gets 2 hours a week docked from the television set for his punishment. actually there is no punishment for failure these days. when my parents came here as imigrants, there was punishment for not producing, today there is welfare.

ddog
07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
I am telling you, WE must raise rates and get OUT OF THE WAY.

This whole mess is caused by everyone, everyone trying to SToP any real pain from being experienced.

THAT very thing , PAIN, of loss due to bad risk taking is ALL that stands in the way of constant bubble blowing and wild speculation.

When you bid up the prices due to a bunch of clowns bidding that had no chance of paying then the only way to correct is to find the real price level again.

You don't do that by stepping in and making good on those prices out of your own pocket.

Both bond holders and equity holders.
The time to bail out the bond holders is past as well.

Without the FAILURES, and it won't be the SYSTEm , that fails even now, you can not have a viable solid growing economy.

The so called entitlement programs have nothing to do with this YET other than as a viewpoint into the fact that the gvt of this country doesn't think anyone can stand to fail if they can help it and doesn't ever learn or retain lessons from the past.

the entitlement will become a huge issue if we keep dragging this thing out, once those payouts ramp up and we are left with a bunch of zombie banks and worthless trash in them and you have to redemm to payout , THEN you will cease being a viable economy.

GET ON WITH IT!!!!

This whole housing/credit fiasco was so obviously the path we were going down , that it is incredible to believe it could be brought into being by crazy policy and lack of same by every admin for 30 years.

This can be turned , but someone needs to start spinning the wheel.

Have we at last run out of bold leaders anywhere ???
Bama cain and co , yeah sure !!! :lol: :lol: