PDA

View Full Version : Deal in nick of time for Summit of Speed

Burls
07-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Yay!!
Things at Calder are finally getting back to normal.

The new purse contract ratified by horsemen early Monday ... guarantees [racing fans around the country] the opportunity to wager on arguably the strongest Summit of Speed program in the eight-year history of the event. Without a purse contract, horsemen had exercised their right to deny Calder management permission to send the track's simulcast signal outside the state of Florida since opening day.

We bettors are so fortunate that the horsemen at Calder have finally deigned to allow the great unwashed the privilege of wagering on their races again!

I'll tell you what.
I'm not going to wager a single nickel on Calder's wonderful Summit Of Speed program or on any other race at Calder for the rest of the year.
I encourage all of the rest of you to do the same.
Neither side has shown any consideration for the bettors throughout this dispute and now were supposed to go running back to them, grateful that we're finally allowed to wager on their races again.
Not me.
I would love it if Calder's handle took a major hit this weekend.
It would send a message to both sides that there's a third party whose interests need to be acknowledged as well.

I call on bettors to boycott Calder's 'Summit Of Speed' this weekend.
Who's with me on this?

Tom
07-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Calder?
Didn't that burn down? :D

Count me in - lifetime boycott for Florida for me.

Kentucky, too.

stuball
07-08-2008, 08:49 AM
I will not bet it but will step aside so I don'tget run over by all the lemmings that will be running to bet on these
tracks..... :bang:

Stuball

cj
07-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Calder sucks anyway. I want no parts of betting that place.

cj's dad
07-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Calder sucks anyway. I want no parts of betting that place.

you really didn't type that did you ?!?

cj
07-08-2008, 10:19 AM
you really didn't type that did you ?!?

I have no idea what you are talking about. :D

1st time lasix
07-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I am very leery of Calder. They allow "batch" money to come in after the gates open and I have observed significant lowering of odds on speed types that get in to their favored position by the quarter pole. In addition to that...they raised their onerous takeouts very quietly mid-meet. {citing the loss of simulcast revenue} Don't imagine they will lower it back now. Much prefer Tampa or even Gulfstream to Calder in Florida. As a Florida resident....i am happy to get feeds from Kentucky back. Missed Churchill and the others.

cj's dad
07-08-2008, 12:40 PM

damn editing ! :lol:

joanied
07-08-2008, 02:42 PM

I do :jump:

Marshall Bennett
07-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Castro and Cruz were what Calder was all about . Not a lot left there to talk about .

Niko
07-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I am very leery of Calder. They allow "batch" money to come in after the gates open and I have observed significant lowering of odds on speed types that get in to their favored position by the quarter pole. In addition to that...they raised their onerous takeouts very quietly mid-meet. {citing the loss of simulcast revenue} Don't imagine they will lower it back now. Much prefer Tampa or even Gulfstream to Calder in Florida. As a Florida resident....i am happy to get feeds from Kentucky back. Missed Churchill and the others.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: