PDA

View Full Version : Schwarzenegger Runs it off the rails......California

JustRalph
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
In the Grand tradition of GWBUSH and the rest of the so called Republicans, they talk as fiscal conservatives and open our checkbook for anything and everything. Recall Arnold!!!!

http://www.avpress.com/n/07/0707_s8.hts

The fuel for Davis' recall was that the state had gone from a $10 billion surplus to a deficit of $20 billion, give or take. This, of course, was not good. It raised the specter of tax increases and ruined the state's credit rating, putting us into junk-bond status.

When the money goes out much faster than it comes in, the cuts are announced as if they are apocalypse now.

All that happened, and Davis was recalled.

Five years later, the state is headed for another deficit of $20 billion, give or take.

The Legislature, a lopsided alignment of controlling Democrats who are drunk on taxing and spending, abetted by many Republicans who are just as entrenched in the system as their colleagues across the aisle, have succeeded in tying a tin can to the governor's tail.

No one is serious about doing anything to handle immigration, foremost the governor and Legislature.

Public-sector unions that maintain a stranglehold on lawmakers by feeding them with perks and campaign money have succeeded in engineering a pension system that will deprive the taxpaying public and permit hundreds of thousands of retirees to collect 100% of pre-retirement income for the rest of their lives.

That, too, will break the state bank.

The reckoning is coming.

As for Schwarzenegger, whatever happened to the fiscal conservative who promised he would bring business-like governance to the state capitol?

Hosting NBC's "Meet the Press," Brokaw pointedly told Schwarzenegger that if he ran a private company the way he has bungled as governor, he would probably be fired.

"When you ran for governor in 2003, you ran as a fiscal conservative who would change the system, who would bring business-like techniques," Brokaw said.

"Now, you are facing a $15-billion deficit here in California. Unemployment is running at about 6.8%; you've got the worst housing crisis since the Great Depression. If you were the CEO of a public company, the board would probably say, 'It is time to go.' "

Schwarzenegger, usually a media darling, parried with a quip: "Are you always this positive?" he asked Brokaw.

In other words, as Comedy Channel faux news anchor Jon Stewart would put it, Schwarzenegger, in effect, said, "I've got nothing!"

DJofSD
07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
He has confirmed my worse fears. He's a democrat in republican clothing. When he was running to complete Gray Davis' term, I had a long and intense conversation with a friend. At the end of the conversation she had convinced me that Arnold was a chance to get an acceptable person into the office and the candidate I would have voted for was never going to get elected. She was right, McClintock lost and never had a chance.

In recent years, Arnold has shown many times he is a RINO. I truely regret my vote for him.

He was elected to be the fiscally responsible govenor. He seemed to start out with a mandate and was going to get on top of the budget crisis. That plan went off the tracks years ago. They're now looking at borrowing against future California Lottory revenues -- talk about betting on the come!

wonatthewire1
07-07-2008, 05:52 PM
He has confirmed my worse fears. He's a democrat in republican clothing. When he was running to complete Gray Davis' term, I had a long and intense conversation with a friend. At the end of the conversation she had convinced me that Arnold was a chance to get an acceptable person into the office and the candidate I would have voted for was never going to get elected. She was right, McClintock lost and never had a chance.

In recent years, Arnold has shown many times he is a RINO. I truely regret my vote for him.

He was elected to be the fiscally responsible govenor. He seemed to start out with a mandate and was going to get on top of the budget crisis. That plan went off the tracks years ago. They're now looking at borrowing against future California Lottory revenues -- talk about betting on the come!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"He (or she) that puts their full faith and hope behind any politician in either party is going to be crushed by disappointment"