PDA

View Full Version : BB's latest work

joanied
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Now, this is better!!!

http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/46029.htm

cj
07-07-2008, 02:30 PM
He sure isn't very talkative these days...the trainer that is.

RichieP
07-07-2008, 02:36 PM
What a magnificent looking colt he is!

Wickel
07-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Now, this is better!!!

http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/46029.htm

Not for a superstar that was stopping the timer in sub-1:00 5-furlong workouts during his Triple Crown run. I'm starting to think an announcement of his imminent retirement is next.

joanied
07-07-2008, 02:40 PM

Can ya blame him? I believe he's learned a lesson over the last few weeks...
"silence speaks louder than words" ;)

But, great to see BB is pickin' it up a notch :jump:

john del riccio
07-07-2008, 03:53 PM

:lol: :lol:

joanied
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Not for a superstar that was stopping the timer in sub-1:00 5-furlong workouts during his Triple Crown run. I'm starting to think an announcement of his imminent retirement is next.

I think they have to race him at least once more...regardless of his work times...if he's healthy, he'll go in the Haskell...too many questions need to be answered, so they need to run BB.
I think if they retire BB before he races again, then folks will say he won his races before the Belmont because he was on drugs.

cj's dad
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
I think if they retire BB before he races again, then folks will say he won his races before the Belmont because he was on drugs.

Point well made- my question would be that there are 3 scenarios assuming he goes to post:
1- runs well and wins- value re-established to some degree
2- he runs a so-so race and loses say mid-pack- value drops off
3- he runs miserably (or is pulled up) value plummets
whaddya think??

Javagold
07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Point well made- my question would be that there are 3 scenarios assuming he goes to post:
whaddya think??

Perhaps the most obvious post in the history of the internet :rolleyes:

joanied
07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
whaddya think??

Pretty good, cj... wouldn't you love to be a fly ;) on the wall at Three Chimney's right now?

cj's dad
07-07-2008, 04:57 PM

The point , smart guy , is if you are the owner, what do you do ??

Wickel
07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm just saying this scenario doesn't fit with a horse of Big Brown's caliber getting ready for a major stakes--especially the way Dutrow trains. Two sub-par workouts and the Haskell not far off. Not looking very good.

joanied
07-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm just saying this scenario doesn't fit with a horse of Big Brown's caliber getting ready for a major stakes--especially the way Dutrow trains. Two sub-par workouts and the Haskell not far off. Not looking very good.

I think his first work was just a 'warm up'...I don't think Dutrow wanted to see any speed, just wanted the horse to have a nice '2 minute lick' and see how he cooled out...now he's gone faster, and maybe....just maybe, the next work will blow the doors off of the Big A...we're all speculating here, so let's wait and see. The Haskell is still a few weeks off....

joanied
07-07-2008, 06:25 PM

So what? it still makes some good points.

I don't know about CJ....but if I owned BB, I'd have to run him again... for all the reasons posted, and because it's the sporting thing to do, and as an owner I would need to know if BB is still the same horse he was before the Belmont.

Shenanigans
07-07-2008, 07:31 PM

My point exactly - the horse isn't the same for some reason. Dutrow is quiet with this work. I don't think he learned any lessons. IMO, the man is seeing something he doesn't like and is starting to stress over it.

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Or, maybe he's taking things slow, as there is still quite some time until the Haskell, and BB is coming off what many deem "the rigors of the Triple Crown trail."

In fact, shouldn't you guys be praising Dutrow for keeping his yap shut and starting slow and steady with Big Brown?

I don't see any cause for concern here....yet....in fact, maybe Dutrow has learned something from his TC media experience. In fact, Dutrow is starting to sound a lot like D. Wayne Lukas regarding his attitude about the press. Pretty soon, he's going to be calling them cockroaches!

joanied
07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Or, maybe he's taking things slow, as there is still quite some time until the Haskell, and BB is coming off what many deem "the rigors of the Triple Crown trail."

In fact, shouldn't you guys be praising Dutrow for keeping his yap shut and starting slow and steady with Big Brown?

I don't see any cause for concern here....yet....in fact, maybe Dutrow has learned something from his TC media experience. In fact, Dutrow is starting to sound a lot like D. Wayne Lukas regarding his attitude about the press. Pretty soon, he's going to be calling them cockroaches!

I posted this same thought... that Dutrow is just wanting to see how BB has come out of the TC rigors, and is in no hurry to put the screws to him...there IS time yet to get the horse ready for the Haskell.

:ThmbUp:

I said that too, PA...he learned a lesson, how about that!!! He had no experience with the media to speak of before...now he knows what they are....a bunch of "cockroaches" :lol: Only Lukas could get away with that statement!!!

Mineshaft
07-08-2008, 11:48 AM

I agree 100% the colt is not himself. A bad race in the Haskell and look for heads to roll either at Three Chimmneys or Dutrows head.

Hosshead
07-10-2008, 06:34 AM
..I think if they retire BB before he races again, then folks will say he won his races before the Belmont because he was on drugs. Do we know that he is not back on steroids again ?

joanied
07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Do we know that he is not back on steroids again ?

No, we don't know wether he is or not...but IMHO, they would not chance it now... too many eyes on them, and if Dutrow screws up, IEAH will fire him, he's been 'put on notice'.