PDA

View Full Version : Maddy's Lion pops a 103 beyer!

onefast99
07-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Yesterdays 10th race at Monmouth Park saw Maddys Lion run down Joey P in the last jump to win the Mr Prospector. In the process Maddy ran a 103 Beyer! Who said older horses dont get better with time. With the right trainer and jockey combination this horse has showed how much back class really matters. Great job by Greg Sacco and Carlos Marquez Jr on this win! And hats off to Joey P for setting a fast pace for Maddy to run into!

point given
07-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Yesterdays 10th race at Monmouth Park saw Maddys Lion run down Joey P in the last jump to win the Mr Prospector. In the process Maddy ran a 103 Beyer! Who said older horses dont get better with time. With the right trainer and jockey combination this horse has showed how much back class really matters. Great job by Greg Sacco and Carlos Marquez Jr on this win! And hats off to Joey P for setting a fast pace for Maddy to run into!

you ran against the speed rail bias and made up a ton of ground. both brad and mike were picking maddy too. great race ! congrats on a memorable race . were you the one in the white golf shirt ?
I tried to hook Maddy up in the p3, but couldnot comeup with Notional, while
having the Hartman piece in the last turfer. Oh well.

onefast99
07-06-2008, 06:38 PM
you ran against the speed rail bias and made up a ton of ground. both brad and mike were picking maddy too. great race ! congrats on a memorable race . were you the one in the white golf shirt ?
I tried to hook Maddy up in the p3, but couldnot comeup with Notional, while
having the Hartman piece in the last turfer. Oh well.
I was in the golf shirt, I did see where Brad picked us to win so a good job by the track handicapper on that pick.

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2008, 01:47 AM
Congrats! What a tremendous feeling that must be as a fan and an owner!

lamboguy
07-07-2008, 03:17 AM
i am very happy for you as well, and for a great program that monmouth park has offered once again. they certainly try hard, and you must give mike melendez the stakes co-ordinator for monmouth park alot of credit for his hard work and passion for great horse racing in new jersey. that was quite a race that you won, and your horse has some history behind him. the breeder, dennis federico is no stranger to fast horses as well.

another tip of the hat to pat genarazio. whe was a former bank teller that met frank years ago. she has kept another fine tradition in her family, sticking with
the horse business after her husband passed on. she has never spent astonomical amounts of money on her horses and has had great results. her trainers are good too, mary hartman is no stranger to good horses, and tony wilson seems to be an up and coming trainer. he has done a great job with her
second string horses.

onefast99
07-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Congrats! What a tremendous feeling that must be as a fan and an owner!
It was a great win for us. Maddy is a real pro he trains easily in the mornings and has one of the most unique personalities of any horse I have ever owned. Carlos Marquez timed that win perfectly. Next out is the Teddy Drone on Haskell Day!

onefast99
07-07-2008, 08:39 AM
i am very happy for you as well, and for a great program that monmouth park has offered once again. they certainly try hard, and you must give mike melendez the stakes co-ordinator for monmouth park alot of credit for his hard work and passion for great horse racing in new jersey. that was quite a race that you won, and your horse has some history behind him. the breeder, dennis federico is no stranger to fast horses as well.

another tip of the hat to pat genarazio. whe was a former bank teller that met frank years ago. she has kept another fine tradition in her family, sticking with
the horse business after her husband passed on. she has never spent astonomical amounts of money on her horses and has had great results. her trainers are good too, mary hartman is no stranger to good horses, and tony wilson seems to be an up and coming trainer. he has done a great job with her
second string horses.
Mike D and Mike M and also Sam are very good at what they do, one of the best races of the meet thus far.

point given
07-07-2008, 11:24 AM
It was a great win for us. Maddy is a real pro he trains easily in the mornings and has one of the most unique personalities of any horse I have ever owned. Carlos Marquez timed that win perfectly. Next out is the Teddy Drone on Haskell Day!
What exactlly is his personality uniqueness ? I also noted in Maddys pp;s that you claimed him for $35K, and contessa had him in NY during the winter ? So what have you folks done to make him so happy to jump into stakes company and win there ? It would seem that the way he runs, that either 6 !/2 or 7 F would be more up his alley with his late run.

onefast99
07-07-2008, 11:44 AM
What exactlly is his personality uniqueness ? I also noted in Maddys pp;s that you claimed him for $35K, and contessa had him in NY during the winter ? So what have you folks done to make him so happy to jump into stakes company and win there ? It would seem that the way he runs, that either 6 !/2 or 7 F would be more up his alley with his late run.
He stands in the front of his stall and loves when you pull on his nose he shows you his teeth and then comes back for more nose pulling, pretty interesting as most of my other ones look at me as a big carrot! When I went to claim him gary wanted me to take Stronachs horse that day but he scratched, I just thought that being a Maryland bred he had a good earning potential for Md millions day as he raced there before and he looked in very good shape. He is one happy horse because both canet and Sacco trained him easily. There are no 6.5 or 7f races at
MP he loves this track so the 6f will do until the winter when he will run back at Aqueduct. He also loves running at the Meadowlands!

point given
07-07-2008, 12:01 PM
He stands in the front of his stall and loves when you pull on his nose he shows you his teeth and then comes back for more nose pulling, pretty interesting as most of my other ones look at me as a big carrot! When I went to claim him gary wanted me to take Stronachs horse that day but he scratched, I just thought that being a Maryland bred he had a good earning potential for Md millions day as he raced there before and he looked in very good shape. He is one happy horse because both canet and Sacco trained him easily. There are no 6.5 or 7f races at
MP he loves this track so the 6f will do until the winter when he will run back at Aqueduct. He also loves running at the Meadowlands!

How about labor day weekend at Saratoga in the Forego ? 7F and he would have about 3-4 weeks off after the Teddy Drone ? a G1 though and $250K .

http://www.nyra.com/Saratoga/Stakes/StakeSchedule.shtml-

onefast99
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
How about labor day weekend at Saratoga in the Forego ? 7F and he would have about 3-4 weeks off after the Teddy Drone ? a G1 though and $250K .

http://www.nyra.com/Saratoga/Stakes/StakeSchedule.shtml-
I brought it up to Sacco he said that would be perfect as it leaves us 5 weeks until the Maryland Millions. Thanks for the info!

point given
07-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I brought it up to Sacco he said that would be perfect as it leaves us 5 weeks until the Maryland Millions. Thanks for the info!

Glad to help. Just get me in the winners circle photo if I'm there !

NYRA changed the stakes races around for Labor day a couple of years ago. I remember there was a different stakes race run back then. the Vanderbilt at 7F. It was an off track , and Private Horde ran down Shake you Down closing like a train overtaking the dueling leaders. Here's the link to that race review, which I got the impression Maddy could be for you.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2003/August/10/Private-Horde-knocks-off-Shake-You-Down-in-Alfred-G-Vanderbilt.aspx

alhattab
07-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Congrats to you man. Must've been truly awesome when Collmus gave him a big call at the top of the lane and he came barrelling down the stretch. Bucked a pretty serious bias in my view.

On to Haskell Day! Hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Now tell that Sacco kid to get a haircut.

Long live Monmouth Park!

onefast99
07-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Congrats to you man. Must've been truly awesome when Collmus gave him a big call at the top of the lane and he came barrelling down the stretch. Bucked a pretty serious bias in my view.

On to Haskell Day! Hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Now tell that Sacco kid to get a haircut.

Long live Monmouth Park!
Thanks, Larry gave us a great call in a really thrilling race. Greg's son is a great little horseman he is going to be the 4th generation of Saccos. He has mastered beating the program against the rail a familiar sound on any given day at MP or the Meadowlands t-bred meet when his horses run.:lol:

Stevie Belmont
07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
From Saturday

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/SooperMan/DSCF3225-1.jpg

onefast99
07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
From Saturday

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/SooperMan/DSCF3225-1.jpg
Great picture I think you sit right behind me at MP, I will be there on Thursday Another Month is in a 16k claimer hopefully she will follow maddy to the winners circle!

Stevie Belmont
07-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Here is another one...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/SooperMan/DSCF3211.jpg

onefast99
07-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Here is another one...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/SooperMan/DSCF3211.jpg
Thats Louie the groom, one of the best in the business! If you are there tomorrow let me know or saturday.

lamboguy
07-09-2008, 05:24 PM
i hope your horse brings you plenty of wins. keep posting, you have great spirit and enthusiasm. hope you bet your horse for alot of money too!

onefast99
07-10-2008, 08:16 AM
i hope your horse brings you plenty of wins. keep posting, you have great spirit and enthusiasm. hope you bet your horse for alot of money too!
I appreciate the comments. I try to go easy on the betting at MP!

Stevie Belmont
07-10-2008, 09:16 AM
I won't be there today or this weekend, next weekend I intend to get down. It's Belmont Park this Sat.

onefast99
07-10-2008, 04:57 PM
I won't be there today or this weekend, next weekend I intend to get down. It's Belmont Park this Sat.
Good luck! Another Month finished 2nd.