PDA

View Full Version : 60 Minute 6 Wager

Vinman
07-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Is anyone playing this weekly $1.00 minimum, 100K guaranteed Pick 6 wager involving races from Belmont, Delaware, Monmouth and Philly Park? What do you think of the $1.00 vs the standard $2.00 minimum?

Here's a question I have if anyone happens to stumble over the answer to it:

If, on August 30th, the last day the wager is offered this year, there is a carryover, must the entire pool be paid out to those with the highest number of winners?

The common sense "slam dunk" answer would be a resounding "YES", but it would be nice to see it from an official source.

I'll do some digging myself on this.

Vinnie Ralph

onefast99
07-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I would have to say yes. Once the bet ends the monies need to be paid out, I have never heard of a track keeping any monies from an exotic pool once the last day of racing has come.

rrbauer
07-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I thought it was strange that a single ticket took down $192K last Saturday and I didn't see a peep about it anywhere.

I'm sure that the pool (whatever it is) will be paid out on the last day. There's another thread on this board about the 60-min p6 that gives a link to the web site that promotes it and the "rules" are there.

Vinman
07-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I agree that the entire 60 minute 6 pool will be paid out on 8/30. I only raise the question because I seem to recall Balmoral Harness once carry over their "Pick 9 for a Dime" wager from 12/31 to 1/1, although that's an entirely different scenario. In a similar vein, I once tried to squeeze an answer out of Beulah Park without success as to when they would pay out their Pick 6 pool if no one has that single perfect ticket you had to have to nail that bet, which I believe was a 25 cent minimum.

Anyway, here's the link to the 60 minute 6 wager:

http://www.sixtyminutesix.com/index.html

This wager seems to have attained scant publicity thus far in terms of results postings on the major websites like DRF, Bloodhorse, etc. despite a week 1 64K carryover, which drew a week 2 pool of $170,082 and a $1.00 payoff of $192,033.30.

Maybe that will change if it builds for a few weeks.

Vinman

Vinman
07-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Thus far 16 scratches in today's 60 minute 6 according to BRIS Supertote.....probably some races off the turf.

Will be interesting to see if they can get a carryover out of this at the $1.00 minimum.

andicap
07-06-2008, 02:05 AM
Welcome to the board, Vinnie!

Happy to see another old Prodigy hand here and a sharp handicapper as well.
I've known Vin for awhile now and I hope he continues to post actively here as he would be an excellent addition to our community.

Vinman
07-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Looks like they came up a bit short of the 100K guarantee yesterday, with just over 71K. Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the 71K was the basis for what they paid out.

I know from following the Magna 5 results, if the pool fell short of the guarantee, Magna had to make up the difference, as there have been a few Magna 5 payoffs of $65,000 even. That payoff fugure reflects a single ticket winner with the minimum guarantee not met.

I wonder if the 60 Minute 6 suspends their 100K guarantee in weeks that the minimum is not met. Gee, not even Frankie would do that....and he's 520 billion in the hole....and counting....LOL!

Andy, thanks for the welcome. Any other "Prodigy emeritius" figures lurking about these premises?

Vinman

rrbauer
07-06-2008, 10:13 AM
The $71K was what was bet, but they paid out based on $100K. So the net pool that was paid out was $75K ($100K less 25% take) with 25% of that to consolations and 75% of that to major prizes. Didn't look at the races but I guess the scratches made it easier? Tracks had to pony up $29K to give the players a little bonus.

Premier Turf Club
07-06-2008, 10:57 AM
It wasn't too hard. I had 5 out of 6 on a $112 ticket. Missed the first leg by a neck when Levine's horse who had a length+ lead with 100 yds to go got beat on the wire.

Not a giant pay but still cost me $2k. :(

rrbauer
07-06-2008, 11:52 AM
PTC
That must've been the race where the horse comes out of the clouds to get the win. Amazing finish.

Premier Turf Club
07-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah. 100 yds seconds before the wire I was thinking I should have bet a $2 PK4 and just singled Levine rather than use Levine & Asmussen. Three weeks in a row I have had 4 or 5 of 6 on less than a $300 ticket. Maybe at some point I hit this. :)

alytim
07-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Which track is the hub for wager?

Vinman
07-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I believe Monmouth is the hub for the wager, but not 100% sure.

Vinman

Premier Turf Club
07-11-2008, 11:08 PM
I believe Monmouth is the hub for the wager, but not 100% sure.

Vinman

It is Monmouth.

andicap
07-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Andy, thanks for the welcome. Any other "Prodigy emeritius" figures lurking about these premises?

Vinman

Mike (wishes his last name to remain anonymous) who runs the board, is one.
Doug Hillstrom is here. JimG i believe was on Prodigy, Lee Tomlinson (mud n' turf). is here as well (of course he wrote under his real name on Prodigy -- before he became famous :) ). But I'm sure you know "Lee" pretty well.

Did you see where Darrell Lerner did OK in the WS of handicapping in January?-- Weird thing is when I first went on Prodigy he was a kid -- now he's got to be in his 30s.

But I've heard nothing for years from him or the likes of Dave Cullather, Tony Kelzenberg, Charlie Mone, John Main, etc. (Unfortunately some like Eric Langjhar and Michael Starr have passed on; others may have left Prodigy before you got there). John DaSilva told me a few years back he didn't have time to post here with his duties at the Post and all. I can't recall if Dave Schwartz was on Prodigy.

I'm sure you've been more in touch with many of those people than I have.

Weren't you on AOL for a while where I believe John, Dave and a few others were doing live chats for a few years?

There are a lot of top people here and some who work in the industry and it's a great place if you can ignore the usual crap you see on all forums. But PA keeps that stuff to a minimum -- he runs a tight ship so it's much more tightly controlled than Prodigy was. In its last few years that board was nothing but a bunch of flame wars because it really wasn't moderated.

As you can tell by my address, my family moved to the UK -- it was last year when my wife got a job in the Southwest -- but I get home for about six weeks a year including a week at Saratoga next month. A group of people from this board gets together in mid-August, usually two weeks before the Travers, rent some tables in a tent, etc. So if you're going to be at Saratoga at all the week of Aug. 9-16 look us up.