PDA

View Full Version : moss pace figures

mylosh
07-05-2008, 01:21 AM
question from a pony betting rook

in the long term, is it worth it to always purchase figures instead of just the basic DRF?

It'll helped me on one or two races at Hollywood PArk, but just curious whether or not you more experienced guys use these

thanks

and big shout outs to everyone out there staying inside on friday studying tomorrow's races as opposed to going to some crappy club

MV

skate
07-06-2008, 05:18 PM
question from a pony betting rook

in the long term, is it worth it to always purchase figures instead of just the basic DRF?

It'll helped me on one or two races at Hollywood PArk, but just curious whether or not you more experienced guys use these

thanks

and big shout outs to everyone out there staying inside on friday studying tomorrow's races as opposed to going to some crappy club

MV

Good question. I'd have to say that the figures you might purchase are from the running lines , which are the same as your Form figures, only transposed.
Once you adjust, the fig. are interchanged.

First, learn to make your own figures.
Second, any figures that you purchase are as good as your ability to understand them, (key) as long as they are consistent. Errors will always be there, again, learn to make your own.

You'll find the fig you purchase will vary, because each individual uses some variant to refine, or so they think. If you can dissect the figures you buy and make them fit to your figures, you'll be in position to let the purchase smooth your capping.

Figures will get you to first base, helpful, yes.:cool:

ezpace
07-06-2008, 07:52 PM
quite a data base of historical turf races ;) Moss can't even make turf figs yet
not that their that fun to do. ;)

George Sands
07-07-2008, 01:11 PM
quite a data base of historical turf races ;) Moss can't even make turf figs yet
not that their that fun to do. ;)

He might be held up by lack of information about the position of the temporary rail in the older historical races.

mylosh
07-10-2008, 11:13 PM
just curious and this may sound like a dumb question

by why would turf figures be harder to come up with.

I'm still a rook but this would be most helpful, as CL usually win in socal turf races (well at least the ones I've watched)

classhandicapper
07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
just curious and this may sound like a dumb question

by why would turf figures be harder to come up with.

I'm still a rook but this would be most helpful, as CL usually win in socal turf races (well at least the ones I've watched)

1. There are sometimes only a few turf races carded in a day. That makes calculating a track variant more difficult.

2. Temporary rails are sometimes put up in different spots, That can alter the fractions, final times, and relationships between various distances.

3. Belmont actually has 2 turf courses

4. The pace of turf races is often so slow, it's very difficult to seperate the impact of pace from the impact of track speed on final time. That also makes it difficult to calculate a track variant for the day.

5. A lot of turf races are carded that contain many horses with little or no experience on turf, coming off layoff etc... That also makes it difficult to calculate a track variant for the day.