PDA

View Full Version : Obama: A man of seasonal principles...what season is it?

JustRalph
07-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Obama is changing seasons as we speak...................Krauthammer calls him on it. The hard core left is already too invested in him and he knows it. I predict he pisses many of them off...........but they don't dare not continue to follow him............they have already purchased the pig, now they must carry the poke.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/03/AR2008070302451.html

A Man of Seasonal Principles

By Charles Krauthammer
Friday, July 4, 2008; A17

You'll notice Barack Obama is now wearing a flag pin. Again. During the primary campaign, he refused to, explaining that he'd worn one after Sept. 11 but then stopped because it "became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism." So why is he back to sporting pseudo-patriotism on his chest? Need you ask? The primaries are over. While seducing the hard-core MoveOn Democrats that delivered him the caucuses -- hence, the Democratic nomination -- Obama not only disdained the pin. He disparaged it. Now that he's running in a general election against John McCain, and in dire need of the gun-and-God-clinging working-class votes he could not win against Hillary Clinton, the pin is back. His country 'tis of thee.

In last week's column, I thought I had thoroughly chronicled Obama's brazen reversals of position and abandonment of principles -- on public financing of campaigns, on NAFTA, on telecom immunity for post-Sept. 11 wiretaps, on unconditional talks with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad -- as he moved to the center for the general election campaign. I misjudged him. He was just getting started.

Last week, when the Supreme Court declared unconstitutional the District of Columbia's ban on handguns, Obama immediately declared that he agreed with the decision. This is after his campaign explicitly told the Chicago Tribune last November that he believes the D.C. gun ban is constitutional.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton explains the inexplicable by calling the November -- i.e., the primary season -- statement "inartful." Which suggests a first entry in the Obamaworld dictionary -- "Inartful: clear and straightforward, lacking the artistry that allows subsequent self-refutation and denial."

Obama's seasonally adjusted principles are beginning to pile up: NAFTA, campaign finance reform, warrantless wiretaps, flag pins, gun control. What's left?

Iraq. The reversal is coming, and soon.

Two weeks ago, I predicted that by Election Day Obama will have erased all meaningful differences with McCain on withdrawal from Iraq. I underestimated Obama's cynicism. He will make the move much sooner. He will use his upcoming Iraq trip to finally acknowledge the remarkable improvements on the ground and to formally abandon his primary season commitment to a fixed 16-month timetable for removal of all combat troops.

The shift has already begun. Yesterday, he said that his "original position" on withdrawal has always been that "we've got to make sure that our troops are safe and that Iraq is stable." And that "when I go to Iraq . . . I'll have more information and will continue to refine my policies."

Tom
07-04-2008, 11:59 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/03/today_is_obamas_iraq_withdrawa.html

On January 30, 2007, Senator Barack Obama introduced the Iraq War De-escalation Act of 2007 in a speech (http://obama.senate.gov/speech/070130-floor_statement_8/print.php) from the floor of the U.S. Senate. In describing the proposed legislation he said,
"This plan would not only place a cap on the number of troops in Iraq and stop the escalation, more importantly, it would begin a phased redeployment of U.S. forces with the goal of removing all U.S. combat forces from Iraq by March 31, 2008.

This dude should join the Four Tops! - a song and dance man who spins, spins, spins.

1g9Cxrc7FSg&feature=related

Tom
07-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Or maybe he is just being flexible.....like a rubber band! :lol:
ce8nfWyX7P4

boxcar
07-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Just goes to show that the Libs hate Republicans when they think they lie. All other liars, though, they embrace with their heart, soul and mind.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
07-05-2008, 01:35 AM
You have to hand it to them though...they are treating this as game 7 of the World Series....a MUST WIN AT ANY COST election. They are pulling out all and ANY stops.

Given all that, Obama is basically tied with McCain in the polls, or only slightly ahead. The fact that McCain lacks complete support from the right and the Republican party will be the reason Obama wins, if he wins.

Rush might have been right all along. I sincerely hope not. Something needs to be done, and fast.

Tom
07-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I was hoping Obama would have a 20-30 point lead by now.
enough to maybe wake up the repubs and ake some positive action at the convention. Like find a real candiate and dump Mr Wipple.

A McCain victory will be a hollow victory, at best, a lesser defeat more likely.
Every time McCain opens his mouth and spews out his absurdities, even I have passing thoughts that maybe I'm wrong about Barry. Desperate thoughts, but McCain is just nowhere close to being qualified.

In any event, I will never vote for McCain and I will never, ever support him in any way. Barry O is just another liberal dipstick, but McCain is a cancer. You humor fools but you cut out cancers.