PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Handicapping

FortuneHunter
03-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Greetings to all my old friends on the PA board. It has been a long time between posts. I started this as a response to a thread entitled “Anybody else get krushed at Gulfstream yesterday?” (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4839)

But it kind of developed into a topic I thought was worthy of discussion in it’s own thread.

I had a pretty good day at Gulfstream yesterday playing 8 of 10 races and winning the 1st ($6.40), 5th ($6.00), 8th($14.60) with 2 Seconds and 2 thirds and 1 out of the money. But I had a better day at Santa Anita going 3 for 3 and 1 scratch.

The neat thing about it is I spend less then 1 minute handicapping each race.

Here is a link to a thread on our board, www.handicappers-datamine.com, that describes the process:

http://www.handicappers-datamine.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2868

Our angle is "Rapid Handicapping" for Internet Wagering. With our daily reports for each Major Circuit in North America, You can handicap 90 races in an hour and pick the spot where your strong opinion provides you the best wagering value and concentrate there.

We believe “desktop racing” has opened up a lot of wagering opportunities. No need to struggle with races you can’t develop a strong opinion on, because you only have 9 wagering opportunities a day. Just move on to the next race. Even with a 50% play rate, you have plenty of opportunity.

I hope you all stop by and take a look. There is no charge for any of our Race Reports and there hasn’t been for 3 years we have had our board. We have a Turn Time Figure report that might interest you, as well as the main Report we call the TruForm Worksheets.

I would like to discuss the topic of “Rapid Handicapping” in this thread. Here is the idea:

Volume Handicapping. Handicapping many races, fast, simple, consistent.

Does all that time you spend agonizing over races in the DRF really worth it?

If you pick your 5 Top handicapping angles, had a program to do any manual calculations, and attacked each race the same way, couldn’t you do just as well, or better? If this race doesn’t fit your method, move on, hell, you got 89 more to choose from. It is a different game today, you must exploit the opportunities available to you, but how are you going to do it if you spend 20 minutes a race with the DRF. Volume with a decent Win%, and good ROI in less time is another way to reap the mutuel harvest.

This what we did, developed a Worksheet with our “5 angles” and our calculations. Actually it was TruForm’s handicapping methods and I programmed it. Then we built a Website, spam free, no charges and got other handicappers interested. Now we have 10 “contributors” so we are able to post Worksheets and Turn Time Reports for each major North American Circuit daily.

I would like to here your thoughts on this concept. Take a look …..

FortuneHunter

GR1@HTR
03-01-2003, 12:37 PM
FH,

I thought you had passed away or something...Long time, no post...Welcome back and hope the bazooka is loaded and ready to go...You all need to get in the World BBS handicapping tourney. They are giving away a free year of DRF downloads...What is the winner going to do with that poison? Jusk kiddin...Glad to see you are still ticking...

FortuneHunter
03-01-2003, 01:12 PM
GR1,

Thanks,

I am going to check that contest out, I found the thread on this board regarding the contest earlier today.

What do you think about Rapid Handicapping?

Derek2U
03-01-2003, 01:54 PM
i tried ur web site but it did not open.

penguinfan
03-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Theres a typo, just remove the comma (,) after the dot com and it will open.

Penguinfan

FortuneHunter
03-01-2003, 02:35 PM
Sorry about that:

www.handicappers-datamine.com

dav4463
03-02-2003, 12:42 AM
I registered and logged in, but when I tried to view some selections, it said I do not have permission to access.

FortuneHunter
03-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Sorry about that email me and I will work on it with you.

handicapdatamine@aol.com

FH

GR1@HTR
03-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Sounds good FH especially if you track or keep stats of the angles and statoids.

formula_2002
03-02-2003, 02:07 PM
FortuneHunter

where find the stats on your results?

Joe M

FortuneHunter
03-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.handicappers-datamine.com/vbulletin/index.php?s=

I assume you are talking about the Computer Selection Results. We keep them on the NYRA(AQU) and So Cal (SAX)
FH

formula_2002
03-02-2003, 06:04 PM
FortuneHunter

At random, I reviewed "aqu inner track HDM Picks thru meets '01 and '02.

I read the top pick Maiden, dirt,aqu, inner to be the profitable play in this sample.

Are these picks back fitted or are they 'live', determined before the running of the race.

Joe M

FortuneHunter
03-03-2003, 06:23 AM
This particular Report is "backfitted".

We have a database for each NYRA Track which contains PP's and Results for the last 3 Years.

Before each Meet, we run selection formulas through the "Meet" database trying to optimize the formula. The report you mentioned is the Aqueduct Winter Meet 2003 Selection Formula used to make selections over the 2001 & 2002 Aqu Winter Meets. We are trying to show expected performance for the 2003 meet.

Then, during the Meet, we generate reports weekly that give the live "Meet through Week x and Week x" performance in terms of Win% and ROI, where an ROI of $1.00 is breakeven. All these reports are not "backfitted".

Not only do we do Performance analysis on the Selections, but also do it on the Speed Figures and Turn Time Figures we create. All Reports are broken down by Class, Surface, and Turns on Dirt. Instead of catagorizing Sprints and Routes we chose to break out races on the dirt by 1-Turn and 2-Turn.

We started a Santa Anita Winter Meet database this year by buying the last 3 SAX Winter Meets. The Performance Reports for SAX is the same deal.

We will be posting Performance Reports for the AQU and SAX Winter Meets through March 2 tomorrow.

Thanks for your question, FH