PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm.........Obama may have a problem?

JustRalph
07-04-2008, 10:50 PM
I doubt it, but this could be interesting. I think the Clinton types will come around.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/04/clinton.poll/index.html

Poll: Some Clinton supporters still not embracing Obama

A growing number of Clinton supporters polled say they may stay home in November instead of casting their ballot for Obama, an indication the party has yet to coalesce around the Illinois senator four weeks after the most prolonged and at times divisive primary race in modern American history came to a close.

According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Friday, the number of Clinton supporters who plan to defect to Republican Sen. John McCain's camp is down from one month ago, but -- in what could be an ominous sign for Obama as he seeks to unify the party -- the number of them who say they plan to vote for Obama is also down, and a growing number say they may not vote at all.

In a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey completed in early June before the New York senator ended her White House bid, 60 percent of Clinton backers polled said they planned on voting for Obama. In the latest poll, that number has dropped to 54 percent.

In early June, 22 percent of Clinton supporters polled said they would not vote at all if Obama were the party's nominee, now close to a third say they will stay home.

Overlay
07-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Although I believe that McCain has greater possible appeal to disaffected Democrats than a more conservative Republican would, I don't think that the Democrats will stay divided. There were conservatives (like James Dobson) who said during the primaries that if McCain got the nomination, they'd stay home in November rather than vote for him, but now that the only alternatives are either him or Obama, they're coming around. I think that party loyalty will also eventually keep Hilary's supporters in the fold on the Democrat side.

Snag
07-05-2008, 07:54 AM
The conventions for both parties will help bring the base back.

Also, the pick for VP is still to be made and that will allow for another rally for both.

Tom
07-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I have no doubt McCain will slap the base in the face with his acceptance speech. He has repeatedly ingnored us and stabbed us in the back.
I am can see a landslide for Obama...a huge landslide, if someone doesn't bitch slap some sense into McCain. I think he has an immunity to it, though.
It is Obama's to lose. And he is running against a fool.