PDA

View Full Version : "Capping" Music

RichieP
07-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Nice
RVtnpz85pks

Overlay
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
There'll never be another Sinatra, but I cringe when I see him with a cigarette while singing. I wonder how many other famous popular or classical singers have achieved success while (or in spite of) having a smoking habit.

46zilzal
07-04-2008, 12:16 PM
I tend to go with the great character (Lt. Colonel Bill Kilgore) from Apocalypse Now and play Ride of the Valkeries.

Jf-qrA4TxfI

I have never found another piece of music, save from bits used in The Black Stallion, that approximated the sounds of horses in competition.

JustRalph
07-04-2008, 12:43 PM
I tend to go with the great character (Lt. Colonel Bill Kilgore) from Apocalypse Now and play Ride of the Valkeries. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf-qrA4TxfI

I have never found another piece of music, save from bits used in The Black Stallion, that approximated the sounds of horses in competition.

how in the hell do these two videos end up in the same thread? What the hell is wrong with you 46? You had to jump in here ?

Great Video Richie.............. I can't imagine how hot those microphones were in that setting with Sinatra. It sounds great. Good Stuff! :ThmbUp:

46zilzal
07-04-2008, 01:10 PM
The header said "Capping music." I responded to that title, pure and simple.

Having differing tastes means DIFFERENT, not right or wrong as the "Black and Whiters" always see things.

JustRalph
07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
The header said "Capping music." I responded to that title, pure and simple.

Having differing tastes means DIFFERENT, not right or wrong as the "Black and Whiters" always see things.

Fair Enough! You capping to that song makes perfect sense!! :lol:

For somebody so anti-military it seems kind of strange..........

46zilzal
07-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Fair Enough! You capping to that song makes perfect sense!!

For somebody so anti-military it seems kind of strange..........
No, I associate it with the original Wagnerian intent

michiken
07-04-2008, 05:52 PM
7m_MJX58qk8

JBmadera
07-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Cappin Music Not for the Faint Hearted (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m_MJX58qk8)

dang, i'm getting OLD.....and I thought AC/DC was "hard core".....parts of the video are -:jump:

cmoore
07-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Listening to Sinatra, handicapping after midnight with a cold beer all goes together. I'm only 39 and listen to all kinds of music. But Sinatras music is like no others.

l_HXbBRaQv4

BombsAway Bob
07-04-2008, 08:37 PM
A positive frame of mind to me is essential when studying races. Thinking about the tough beat in the 7th earlier in the day can make it impossible to read PP's objectively! Recently, I put together an amalgamation of diversified "Happy" tunes to listen to while capping... check it out @ www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3) from Durante to Mission of Burma to Stinky Wizzleteeth, something's there to put a smile on your face! Attitude Adjustments welcome during listening to enhance the effect! POP OUT PLAYER, so you can keep the positive vibes flowing while surfing... or read Steve Crist & Dan Illmans Latest Blogs at myspace & check out my racing photos (Racing, NOT Racy photos, you numbskull)! - Peace, Bob

Burls
07-05-2008, 01:59 AM
JFwCCL0Vh6U

PaceAdvantage
07-05-2008, 02:04 AM
To imbed video, click the YouTube icon and enter whatever title you'd like to give your video into the script box that pops up....then, depending on your browser, you may get another script box that asks for the YouTube code for the specific video you have in mind.....that code appears in the actual link from YouTube and is represented in bold in the following example:

http : // youtube.com/watch?v=rSZUfLRaGbo

The BOLD text in the above link example is the only part of the YouTube url you need....now, the following should be placed in your reply automatically after the script boxes close (minus the extra spaces):

[ YT="Kick Ass"]rSZUfLRaGbo[ /YT]

Again, I have included extra spaces in the line above so that the message board software does NOT convert the above to an actual YouTube video - I am trying to show you what the line of code looks like before it is actually embedded. If you remove all the spaces from the above example line of code, that's what you must type in to get an embedded YouTube box.

That's it...some folks don't get the second script box asking for the YouTube code, and they get the following placed inside their reply:

[ YT="Kick Ass"][ /YT]

You would just paste the rSZUfLRaGbo in between the ][ in that case.

Clear as mud now?

Burls
07-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Here's some handicapping music for those that are into something a little different.

lqSKVv6YO8g

cmoore
07-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Burls...that chick can sing...

Burls
07-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Burls...that chick can sing...
Yep...Amy's got a few problems on the homefront...but she knows how to sing...there's no doubt about that.

cmoore
07-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Yep...Amy's got a few problems on the homefront...but she knows how to sing...there's no doubt about that.

I'm listening to more of her songs on youtube right now...

I've been handicapping the hollywood pick 6...My ticket right now is $324..need to cut that back. I'm going to look at the chapter in barry meadows book about structuring pick 6 bets...see if that helps me out at all..

Burls
07-05-2008, 03:20 AM
I'm listening to more of her songs on youtube right now...

I've been handicapping the hollywood pick 6...My ticket right now is $324..need to cut that back. I'm going to look at the chapter in barry meadows book about structuring pick 6 bets...see if that helps me out at all..
Good luck on that one...with a $1.2 million carryover, there will be lots of people going for that one.
The way things went for me today, I think this song summarizes my handicapping abilities best.
QmV6_oc2lwM

ldiatone
07-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I tend to go with the great character (Lt. Colonel Bill Kilgore) from Apocalypse Now and play Ride of the Valkeries.

Jf-qrA4TxfI

here is a softer vesion.

GSKL5E3zSjs

ldiatone
07-05-2008, 06:08 PM
remember these fellows Richiep...

mPkO5YImbfk

Shenanigans
07-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Nice
RVtnpz85pks

He's so dreamy.....:kiss:

Shenanigans
07-05-2008, 07:28 PM
There'll never be another Sinatra, but I cringe when I see him with a cigarette while singing. I wonder how many other famous popular or classical singers have achieved success while (or in spite of) having a smoking habit.

Are you implying that people that smoke are not successful? Most of the singers from the Sinatra era were smokers. Didn't the entire Rat Pack smoke?

RichieP
07-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Here's some handicapping music for those that are into something a little different.

lqSKVv6YO8g

You call that singing????
Man I am getting old

Overlay
07-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Are you implying that people that smoke are not successful? Most of the singers from the Sinatra era were smokers. Didn't the entire Rat Pack smoke?

I'm not implying any link between smoking and success. I'm just saying that, for someone who depended for their livelihood on the health of their voice and respiratory system, smoking had to have had an adverse effect, whether it was acknowledged/publicized at the time or not.

lcohen
07-07-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm not implying any link between smoking and success. I'm just saying that, for someone who depended for their livelihood on the health of their voice and respiratory system, smoking had to have had an adverse effect, whether it was acknowledged/publicized at the time or not.
Yea, that smoking stuff really damaged his career.

Shenanigans
07-07-2008, 07:41 PM
here is a softer vesion.

GSKL5E3zSjs

My friend (God rest his soul) told me a cute story about using this song to "ready" a horse he groomed for a race. He said while he was getting the horse ready for the race - the few minutes before going over to the paddock - he would play that song on his CD player. He said the horse would get amped up from the song, strut over to the paddock and win the race almost every time.

ldiatone
07-08-2008, 05:52 PM
You call that singing????
Man I am getting old
we ain't get'n old Richiep... the music is getting youger.. remember how those "older" people talked about those "4 younger guys" from England?
and hey "shenanigans" local bar and bistro right down the street of us with your name! cool!

RichieP
07-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Coffee, Racing Form and B.B. King rocking with some friends :)

GaryG
07-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Free Bird live and espresso.....lots of both.

ldiatone
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Free Bird live and espresso.....lots of both.
Gary G, Great tune. now give me 3 steps to that coffee, because i love that smell.
yo

ldiatone
07-11-2008, 05:43 PM
i had to listen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3jgkChV6M

Tom
07-14-2008, 09:43 PM
I've been in a slump lately...maybe it's my 'capping music?
IYnjASLYKdA