PDA

View Full Version : Does the video feed need work?

jonnielu
07-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I think that the same old in-house video feed is a bit lacking for the off-track bettor. What do you think, and what kind of improvements would you like to see?

jdl

Dave Schwartz
07-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Really a very good point, Johnny.

All other sports have improved their coverage, designing it just for the TV audience. Horse racing is still just doing a minimum.

Dave

Tom
07-03-2008, 10:34 PM
More post parade, from the side the pony is NOT on, head on shots, more warm ups.

highnote
07-03-2008, 10:41 PM
More post parade, from the side the pony is NOT on, head on shots, more warm ups.

I couldn't agree more. I hate it when the pony is in the way! Even on big races like the Derby.

jonnielu
07-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Really a very good point, Johnny.

All other sports have improved their coverage, designing it just for the TV audience. Horse racing is still just doing a minimum.

Dave

You've hit that nail right on the head, Dave.

I've been talking to HRTV about this, the folks at TVG are even busier trying to figure out what to have for lunch, and this point is completely missed.

Both of them are simply re-directing our daddy's video feed that was designed for on-track viewing.

The really funny part, is that HRTV is a joint venture of Churchill Downs and Magna. A good move on the part of the horse racing people to join together in the competition with the TV (TVG) people for the viewer/fan/player.

Where you would think that this should allow for an edge for the horse racing people to produce the better product, those guys still haven't thought of turning it over to HRTV for development into a 21st century product.

I hope that a lot of people will chime in on this thread, I would like to show track management the need to address this issue well, and soon.

jdl

broadreach
07-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Before each race, show at least the stretch run of the main contenders previous start, or their best recent run. They could keep it concise, like a 10minute block, which would leave plenty of time to look at them walk around in the paddock. As much as the Beulah twins are good to look at, we're after more relevent info.
But whatever suggestions, it will come down to the cost.

Robert Fischer
07-04-2008, 11:00 PM
give an up-close and personal view of all the horses in an orchestrated fashion prior to riders up.
I want to feel like I have a million dollars at a sale.
Walk the horse , pose the horse and let me see close up everything I would want to see.
I don't want to be searching for a "glimpse" or a peek in the paddock.

And after the post parade down on the track, make an effort to continue to alternate between animals every so often.

I don't want to see the 25-1 shot for 5 minutes, meanwhile the first time starter has been brought along in a brisk warm up and I am leaning sideways at the monitor in vain like a teenager trying to "unscramble" channel 99

jonnielu
07-05-2008, 10:39 AM
give an up-close and personal view of all the horses in an orchestrated fashion prior to riders up.
I want to feel like I have a million dollars at a sale.
Walk the horse , pose the horse and let me see close up everything I would want to see.
I don't want to be searching for a "glimpse" or a peek in the paddock.

And after the post parade down on the track, make an effort to continue to alternate between animals every so often.

I don't want to see the 25-1 shot for 5 minutes, meanwhile the first time starter has been brought along in a brisk warm up and I am leaning sideways at the monitor in vain like a teenager trying to "unscramble" channel 99

I'm thinking a good close side view as the horses take two full laps around the paddock, so that at least a few steps can be followed twice. More movement can be seen thru the tunnel and Post Parade.

The at 4 - 5 mtp, a capsulized review of those horses that warmed up well or beyond average for 1 to 2 mins.

jdl

mannyberrios
07-06-2008, 11:47 AM
:ThmbUp: H D would help make it better.