PDA

View Full Version : Fox news dishonesty that is funny

Tread
07-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Now this one actually made me laugh. These guys wrote a column about Fox News' declining ratings. Fox responds by doctoring pictures of them and trying to pass them off. Notice the pointed head, flatter nose, yellow teeth, dark circles under eyes, etc.

http://mediamatters.org/static/images/item/fox-20080702-steinberg.jpg

And then this one, similar stuff
http://mediamatters.org/static/images/item/fox-20080702-redicliffe.jpg

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

ddog
07-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Did they actually run those captions???
Attack dog? :lol: :lol: :confused:

hey , wait a minute, isn't that what the "free" press used to think was their only job, attack and seek the truth?

OOpps, no free press exists anymore, they have all been bought and cheaply even El Rushboo.

400million, ah the joys of the much ballyhooed common touch amongst the flock.

:lol:

first burn down the MSM all of them then we will see about the feds once shorn of their mouthpiece suck ups.

Tom
07-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Link?

bigmack
07-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Here ya go, Tommy.
Link (http://mediamatters.org/items/200807020002?f=h_top)

Nevermind they put the altered photos in the faces of dogs at the tail end of the clip.

If a picture is worth a thousand words I submit the same old finger pointing at Fox brought out by the "Mothership" and hand delivered by their followers, like Zilly & Tread, is worth five. Who gives a rat's ass.

Reddicliffe looks better with a Photoshop bend anywho.

JustRalph
07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
:sleeping:

dylbert
07-02-2008, 10:42 PM
This is hilarious! Anyone who expects "fair and balanced" from New York Times is sadly mistaken. Also, who believes that Fox & Friends in news program? D'oh! Entertainment... Today's piece is really funny if you have sense of humor -- very tongue-in-cheek -- especially altered photographs.

This story will not have legs, so it getting some publicity here, will merely raise its Googleability for few more moments. :lol:

ddog
07-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Where are those darn terrorist WMD when they could be put to good use?

Just take out all the MSM sites, some innocents may get it, that's acceptable, vile slime like these MSM people need the torch.

This country would be better off if a total blackout was enforced on all these MSM hacks and slime.

Just run a pic of the flag and some marching music, that should do fine.

Within 2 years the national IQ would be up 20 points.

bigmack
07-03-2008, 12:00 AM
This country would be better off if a total blackout was enforced on all these MSM hacks and slime.
Lest you not forget:

Same old neighborhood with a colder feel
Just the curbs and drains left over from the new deal
Smooth young faces on the TV news
And they can read copy they don't have to be real
Thinking back on the finer days
Remembering the pendulum swings both ways

WeirdWilly
07-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Where are those darn terrorist WMD when they could be put to good use?

Just take out all the MSM sites, some innocents may get it, that's acceptable, vile slime like these MSM people need the torch.

Just run a pic of the flag and some marching music, that should do fine.

Within 2 years the national IQ would be up 20 points.

We need an "Office of Press Accountability" which is responsibile for approving all press stories, blogs, message board postings, etc.

How can we protect our freedom unless we are all on the same page, reading from the same script? Only when we are totally obedient to our rulers will we be truely free!

/sarcasm

ddog
07-03-2008, 02:16 AM
i am half serious guys, just make the events available, show the events don't comment or explain it to me.

Just the facts.

I don't need your spin and drone shows belching b.s. all the time.

I am afraid lots of people think these slime would give a crap about one of you in the first place.

There is no indiction I have seen that MSM tv especially, has any beneficial impact at all.

What would it be???

:ThmbDown:

Tom
07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Remember the cover photo of OJ Time Magazine used/doctored?

WeirdWilly
07-03-2008, 09:02 AM
i am half serious guys, just make the events available, show the events don't comment or explain it to me.

Just the facts.

I don't need your spin and drone shows belching b.s. all the time.

I am afraid lots of people think these slime would give a crap about one of you in the first place.

There is no indiction I have seen that MSM tv especially, has any beneficial impact at all.

What would it be???

:ThmbDown:

Violence, and the threat of violence, against Americans! Now THERE'S the solution to terrorism.

So the new rule is: we get to kill media people we disagree with? Forget the debate, the back and forth, the war of ideas. If they aren't with us, they're against us and so we cap 'em! And if innocents are stupid enough to be close to them...oh well!

I know you were joking about the WMD thing. At least I hope you were! But it is disturbing to read stuff like this and realize that some people take it to heart.

Tom
07-03-2008, 09:11 AM
It really is sa what passes off as news these days.
Frankly, on Fox NEWS, not talk shows, I see the closest thing to reporting.

CNN thinks putting a camera on a situation and taking unscreened calls is news.

MSNBC is closer to Looney Tunes.

But any of them cover Britaney Spears is not a news channel. Wehre are the real stories of the world? Hardly any ever get coverage....news is 99% entertainment and 100% advertising dollars.

WeirdWilly
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
It really is sa what passes off as news these days.
Frankly, on Fox NEWS, not talk shows, I see the closest thing to reporting.

CNN thinks putting a camera on a situation and taking unscreened calls is news.

MSNBC is closer to Looney Tunes.

But any of them cover Britaney Spears is not a news channel. Wehre are the real stories of the world? Hardly any ever get coverage....news is 99% entertainment and 100% advertising dollars.

They give the people what the people want.

I think it's called capitalism.

I don't see the government doing a better job. At least right now, we have channel changers, volume controls, off switches, and the Internet.

You can offer people the truth, but you can't make them take it.

ddog
07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Violence, and the threat of violence, against Americans! Now THERE'S the solution to terrorism.

So the new rule is: we get to kill media people we disagree with? Forget the debate, the back and forth, the war of ideas. If they aren't with us, they're against us and so we cap 'em! And if innocents are stupid enough to be close to them...oh well!

I know you were joking about the WMD thing. At least I hope you were! But it is disturbing to read stuff like this and realize that some people take it to heart.

War of Ideas, now you got me there.
I say War of the carney barkers is more like it.

When you find an idea that emerges from the MSM tv "war" you be sure and post it up here.

You can't force people to do anything, but you don't have to try so hard to shovel crap all day like these people do.

When was the last time you heard hard-hitting analysis and/or criticism of the policies and/or dealings of the network that the person appears on?

Either in radio or tv?

I don't think it exists.

I maintain that every tv station could go dark this weekend and stay that way or just run old 70's game shows and the "people" would be none the worse for it.

When was the last time you saw an extended debate with people that KNEW something past the first page of talking points and/or the latest dim/pug line to throw back at each other?

When was the last time that the so-called "experts" , that's RICH, when they gave their "expert" pre-programmed replies were tagged with and WHO do you work/consult for , which think-tank lobby firm PAYS your bills?
Who runs the thing, not just some name, who are the contributors,etc.

You never hear it.

They are all presented as is with NO ongoing follow up as to how their expert policies actually fared in the past.
It's like ALice in WOnderland everyday for these clowns.
You have the idea that 2% of the "audience" ever checks that info?
No way.

One example of the most bland type of trash on tv :

You take most of the serial-hucksters on the FIn channels who come on day after day night after night, where is the vetting of their track record?

Where are the data proofs to backup what they preach?

Where is displayed in the little box under their name, this guy has run eveything he ever did into the ground.
I wouldn't give him a dime of my money.
On his last twenty calls, you could have went exactly the other way and come out just as good.
What are their positions, what do they trade in the month/week before and after their calls?

It ain't there.

It reminds me of walking between two carnival barkers , all you hear is noise and shameless hucksters at full volume.

And, I used to think horse touts were the worst, these fools are at the very bottom of the heap.

Now go blow yourself up.
It is the 4th after all. ;)

Tom
07-03-2008, 01:13 PM
You can offer people the truth, but you can't make them take it.

Who offers it?
I don't see any real news being offered anywhere.

We just had hostages released after 5 years of captivity......yet compare the number of stories abou them, the whole situation, compared to K Fed and Britaney. News??????
Perhaps if the medai really did thier jobs, we would have an infomred public who would even know about these things and demand action for our do-nothing government. If we have US citizens held hostages anywhere, it should be the number one story every night.

WeirdWilly
07-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Who offers it?
I don't see any real news being offered anywhere.

We just had hostages released after 5 years of captivity......yet compare the number of stories abou them, the whole situation, compared to K Fed and Britaney. News??????
Perhaps if the medai really did thier jobs, we would have an infomred public who would even know about these things and demand action for our do-nothing government. If we have US citizens held hostages anywhere, it should be the number one story every night.

It seems to me if you want to know, you have the Internet - flawed as it is.

If you try pushing real hard news on people they reject it. For example, my roomie's mom. She will get very upset with you if you try watching the news instead of "Charmed" or "The Gilmore Girls". She doesn't even know who is running for President, and she doesn't want to know, since she won't be voting anyhow.

And she is not alone with that attitude.

BlueShoe
07-03-2008, 09:43 PM
With the spread of cable news and the web,ratings are down almost in all areas of the mass media.Look what has happened to newspapers.Circulation and ad revenue have declined sharply in recent years.In my home in SoCal the LA Times,which I stopped reading 40 years ago,just announced massive layoffs.The Orange County Register,which used to be a fine paper,is now a shell of its former self.Young people either cant or wont read;they either ignore current events and news,or else get a "quick fix" off of the internet.Like many other Rightwingers,my go to source for world and national news is Fox cable,and perhaps local tv for regional stuff.Dropped the Big 3 network news years ago.