PDA

View Full Version : Gasper responds!

fmhealth
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
The battle heats up!!!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06302008/sports/moschera_fires_back_at_dutrow_117878.htm

matthewsiv
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
A great article.

This guy has more brains than Dutrow and is 100% correct.

YokohamaMary
06-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't know that the quote below comparing horseracing to the famiglia is exactly the kind of quote that the sport needs either:

"He should watch 'The Godfather,' and he'll learn about what to say and what not to say. Just because you don't like someone, don't let them know it. Never let anybody outside the family know what you're thinking."

It would have been better if he said he never used illegal medications rather than just saying he has never been caught for using illegal medications.

Tom
06-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Dutrow, they shouldn't test his horses, they should test him.

:lol::lol:

SaratogaSteve
06-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Tom, that's the quote of the year in racing so far. Gasper is the man!

tribecaagent
07-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Dutrow: "How can a guy (G. Moschera) go from laying carpet to leading trainer?"
Funny Rick, I've always felt that way about a guy who went from living in the tack room to winning The Kentucky Derby.

As far as the Godfather quote, I'm pretty sure Moschera was talking about a scene in the begining of the film; at Connie's wedding. In the scene, Johnnie Fountaine was whinning (very similar to Rickie boy) to Don Corleone about not being offered a movie role. The Don jumps up, slaps him across the face, and says "YOU COULD ACT LIKE A MAN!" Poignant.

Hey Rick....be a man. Be a man.

andicap
07-01-2008, 07:09 AM
There were a series of newspaper articles in a local paper -- I think they were linked to from PA -- a year or so back -- in which Moschera railed against drug use. Said that was one of the reasons he GOT OUT of the game. I mean he was extremely vocal and bitter about their usage nowadays.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything of course, but would be interesting to dig up those clips again. But I'm too lazy and busy to search this morning.

Now that I think of it, I don't think the stories were in a New York area newspaper, but the site where Moschera had retired. Or not.

Bruddah
07-01-2008, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=YokohamaMary]I don't know that the quote below comparing horseracing to the famiglia is exactly the kind of quote that the sport needs either:

"He should watch 'The Godfather,' and he'll learn about what to say and what not to say. Just because you don't like someone, don't let them know it. Never let anybody outside the family know what you're thinking."

When I first read the above referenced quote, I immediately had the image of the scene, in the Godfather, where the race horse's head was found, in the movie producers bed. If Dutrow is smart (doubt that) maybe he should shut his trap. Seemed like a veiled message to me. ;)

YokohamaMary
07-01-2008, 07:27 AM
There were a series of newspaper articles in a local paper -- I think they were linked to from PA -- a year or so back -- in which Moschera railed against drug use. Said that was one of the reasons he GOT OUT of the game. I mean he was extremely vocal and bitter about their usage nowadays.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything of course, but would be interesting to dig up those clips again. But I'm too lazy and busy to search this morning.

Now that I think of it, I don't think the stories were in a New York area newspaper, but the site where Moschera had retired. Or not.

this is probably what you were referring to:

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/articles/2008/01/06/sports/sports01.txt

YokohamaMary
07-01-2008, 07:28 AM
[QUOTE=YokohamaMary]I don't know that the quote below comparing horseracing to the famiglia is exactly the kind of quote that the sport needs either:

When I first read the above referenced quote, I immediately had the image of the scene, in the Godfather, where the race horse's head was found, in the movie producers bed. If Dutrow is smart (doubt that) maybe he should shut his trap. Seemed like a veiled message to me. ;)

It does seem like a threat. Guys from NY (I am from there too) have got to stop taking the Godfather and Sopranos so seriously...

BUD
07-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Coming from one of "those" families when I was younger....

The God Father quote Is one my Dad beat into my head...Classic quote, classic movie....Is that guy my Father?

He should watch 'The Godfather,' and he'll learn about what to say and what not to say. Just because you don't like someone, don't let them know it. Never let anybody outside the family know what you're thinking."

Is That you Dad?

tribecaagent
07-01-2008, 08:12 AM
It does seem like a threat. Guys from NY (I am from there too) have got to stop taking the Godfather and Sopranos so seriously...[/QUOTE]

Mary,

You're not serious, right? How can you possibly even mention The Godfather and Sopranos in the same context? Sopranos is a complete joke. However, the lessons which were mentioned in The Godfather can be applied to business, relationships, sales, gambling, etc. Is it really a wise idea to let a business associate know you don't like them? There are countless others.

I just finished "The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene. A national bestseller. At least a third of the laws were mentioned in The Godfather, and the film was made in 1973!

rokitman
07-01-2008, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=Bruddah]

It does seem like a threat. Guys from NY (I am from there too) have got to stop taking the Godfather and Sopranos so seriously...
It does not seem like a threat because it's not a threat.

But you are right about not taking the Godfather and the Sopranos so seriously, particularly amongst NY guys. And, it seems to me, the more of a dumbass a guy is, the more that applies-no attack on Moschera intended. He was doing great until that wrong turn. I think, in mentioning the Godfather, he was equating Dutrow to another NY asshole of gigantic proportions- John Gotti. In case ya don't know, Yoko, Gotti also couldn't keep his ignorant mouth shut, nor stay out of the papers, in direct contradiction of long-standing, successful "family" policy. It lead to his demise, along with many others, and went a long way to destroying the "family business." Gotti then went on to karmically get his ass kicked in prison by a black guy that he insulted and die a gruesome death from mouth/throat cancer (his lower jaw had to be removed) as he was serving his long-overdue life sentence.

YokohamaMary
07-01-2008, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=YokohamaMary]
It does not seem like a threat because it's not a threat.

But you are right about not taking the Godfather and the Sopranos so seriously, particularly amongst NY guys. And, it seems to me, the more of a dumbass a guy is, the more that applies-no attack on Moschera intended. He was doing great until that wrong turn. I think, in mentioning the Godfather, he was equating Dutrow to another NY asshole of gigantic proportions- John Gotti. In case ya don't know, Yoko, Gotti also couldn't keep his ignorant mouth shut, nor stay out of the papers, in direct contradiction of long-standing, successful "family" policy. It lead to his demise, along with many others, and went a long way to destroying the "family business." Gotti then went on to karmically get his ass kicked in prison by a black guy that he insulted and die a gruesome death from mouth/throat cancer (his lower jaw had to be removed) as he was serving his long-overdue life sentence.

It was just desserts to see Gotti go down like he did. Ass caved in by a dedutz and his son clearly an inept rubberhole.

But I digress. One of the reasons I like it here near Hunkydori is that the local wiseguys usually follow (their own) rules. Although they do drive up the prices of drinks.

Sayonara,

rokitman
07-01-2008, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=rokitman]

It was just desserts to see Gotti go down like he did. Ass caved in by a dedutz and his son clearly an inept rubberhole.

But I digress. One of the reasons I like it here near Hunkydori is that the local wiseguys usually follow (their own) rules. Although they do drive up the prices of drinks.

Sayonara,
You "sound" like you're from the US. Accurate?

YokohamaMary
07-01-2008, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=YokohamaMary]
You "sound" like you're from the US. Accurate?

I am originally from NYC (so I know).

Don't let my pretty name fool you. I am told I am as attractive as a burlap bag full of arseholes (as they say around the seaman's club in 'Hama here).

BUD
07-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Serious? Ask my uncle Joe how serious that stuff is....Oh Uncle Joe is dead...

Most of my older relatives were "that"..Me I went into law.....I did run into quite a few of there friends...Some may even say one can benefit by those relationships....

In truth Dutrow is turning out to be Jose Canseco of horse racing....

My motto is keep your mouth shut...Maybe I should listen to that motto:bang:

njcurveball
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM

Jose called and said if you keep saying these things about him you will be swimmin wit da fishies. :lol:

rokitman
07-01-2008, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=rokitman]

I am originally from NYC (so I know).

Don't let my pretty name fool you. I am told I am as attractive as a burlap bag full of arseholes (as they say around the seaman's club in 'Hama here).I believe you :ThmbUp:

BUD
07-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Jose called and said if you keep saying these things about him you will be swimmin wit da fishies. :lol:

Bro I'll Double it:lol: :lol:

The only word missing is fargin..wit da fargin fishies....u h..ear dat!!

:D :D

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
This entire sideshow filled with its half-truths and outright lies is now just plain silly.

Dutrow should just shut up and go back to training his horses. Send Big Brown out and let him do all the talking from now on...

Shenanigans
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
This entire sideshow filled with its half-truths and outright lies is now just plain silly.

Dutrow should just shut up and go back to training his horses. Send Big Brown out and let him do all the talking from now on...

What's this!! What's this!! Have you fallen off the DDD (Deranged Dutrow Defenders) bandwagon????:p

tribecaagent
07-01-2008, 11:09 PM
What's this!! What's this!! Have you fallen off the DDD (Deranged Dutrow Defenders) bandwagon????:p

Admit it Pace. He's difficult to defend.

He reminds me of the little punk from high-school who I used to defend against all the tough guys. They used to say "alright, alright", then this punk would go and start trouble the first chance he got.

Can't win.

PaceAdvantage
07-02-2008, 09:59 AM
For the record, when I typed "This entire sideshow filled with its half-truths and outright lies is now just plain silly," some may have erroneously thought Dutrow was the only subject of that sentence. Not so...

tribecaagent
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
For the record, when I typed "This entire sideshow filled with its half-truths and outright lies is now just plain silly," some may have erroneously thought Dutrow was the only subject of that sentence. Not so...

Where did you go to high school, Pace?

PaceAdvantage
07-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Where did you go to high school, Pace?OK, I'll play along....why do you want to know?

ranchwest
07-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Serious? Ask my uncle Joe how serious that stuff is....Oh Uncle Joe is dead...

Most of my older relatives were "that"..Me I went into law.....I did run into quite a few of there friends...Some may even say one can benefit by those relationships....

My motto is keep your mouth shut...Maybe I should listen to that motto:bang:

So, does that mean we'll soon be seeing Dutrow selling "Spend a Day With Rick"?