PDA

View Full Version : no anchor's at TVG

lamboguy
06-30-2008, 12:39 PM
what a great experiment, you can actually watch this station with the volume on now. music not so bad.

i am sure they will get more people to watch without announcer's than with them.

JBmadera
06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Nancy is back this a.m..........not sure if it is a one time deal or not.

whyhorseofcourse
06-30-2008, 01:01 PM
She just picked an 8/1 winner.
The homework sorta annoys me though.

tmh
06-30-2008, 01:25 PM
how about nick hines. i cant stand him. couldnt train and now we have to listen to him he is horrible

MaTH716
06-30-2008, 01:51 PM
No one is worse than Schrupp. Friday night he made mention of Heatseeker running in the Gold Cup. He is on-site and didn't know that the horse was scratched, unbelievable! I personally like the Sarge. I got to meet him at the BC last year and he was a really nice guy. I like the insight that he, Lyons and Bray (all trainers) bring to the table.

JBmadera
06-30-2008, 02:00 PM
One of the things I miss most about not being able to go to the track - the characters. Most of the time I think it is funny/interesting to hear what people have to say…..so to recreate the on track environment I have tvg playing on one tv and twinspires on the other. When somebody gets too annoying I just mute that station and turn up the other. Generally I like twinspires so I can get the latest changes from the track but I do think a some of the tvg folks are pretty good (weave, gary, chris k, etc)

jb

Marshall Bennett
06-30-2008, 02:36 PM
how about nick hines. i cant stand him. couldnt train and now we have to listen to him he is horrible
Nick's okay , really emotional guy though , his horse got nudged out by a wisker last year in a big race and he broke down bawling when interviewed .

David-LV
06-30-2008, 02:43 PM

I think Nick Hines is one of the bright spots on TVG.

At the very least he is colorful & has a deep understanding of the game.

Not a bad handicapper either. :cool:

whyhorseofcourse
06-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I like the quarters gang the most.
Les, Chris, and Dave.

Also I get a kick out of BR BR BRRRRRR Chubby bear!

lamboguy
06-30-2008, 06:09 PM
i like nick, vick stauffer, frank miramardi and ken rudolph. the other guys give out the picks from the back room.

perloff is a house man knocking bridgejumping, he says the same things over and over again.

NoCal Boy
06-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I guess I am the odd guy out. I don't mind the on air personalities for the most part (though don't really care for the Sarge), but can not stand the music without the hosts. One would think the music could be made more soothing to the ears. My only beef is TVG should show more races from different tracks. They really do not need to talk so much, but the on air guys have no incentive as it means their jobs if they talk less and put on more races.

JBmadera
06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
I guess I am the odd guy out. I don't mind the on air personalities for the most part (though don't really care for the Sarge), but can not stand the music without the hosts. One would think the music could be made more soothing to the ears. My only beef is TVG should show more races from different tracks. They really do not need to talk so much, but the on air guys have no incentive as it means their jobs if they talk less and put on more races.

Exactly - many more races from many more tracks and less chit chat....I would also like much more direct info from the tracks (late changes, etc). 3+ hosts going on and on about nothing and then showing REPLAYS of races which went off while they were talking does bug me.

richrosa
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Didn't we do this thread last week, and the week before, and the week before that?

Oh! and I almost forgot. Tom hates TVG too. I think he missed this thread.

TVG is on its last legs. Lets remember them when they are gone for what they tried to do, not what music you didn't like on slow days when it clearly doesn't pay for live talent (which is HRTV 75% of the time, but no one mentions that).

beenacoach
06-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Like most of the commentators but two is usually better than three.

Sarge is one of my favorites but I can see how he could irritate some folks.

TVG with music and no talking heads.............can't stand to watch it at all. At those times I go strictly to the twinspires feed and mute that half the time.

gemcity39
07-01-2008, 12:37 AM
talking on and on instead of live races in very annoying I agree, but then again we could not have TVG or Hrtv and be back to the infrequent showing of racing on ESPN or the networks. If all staes would allow ADW then both would prosper. I know Texas fans would join like crazy to TVG and/or Twinspires.

The savings on no announcers is substantial, and may allow for a longer run at profitability...which benefits everyone with more racing available in my opinion.

I like Frank M. Chris K., and Ken Rudolph...Mike Joyce just makes me scream he is so clueless, never seen anyone misscall so many photo finishes as he does, and he needs to wipe off his lips from kissing so many backsides at Los Alamitos, especially with their ludicrious DQs and non-DQs, he just blindly agrees with the stewards every time.

pandy
07-01-2008, 06:36 AM
Exactly - many more races from many more tracks and less chit chat....I would also like much more direct info from the tracks (late changes, etc). 3+ hosts going on and on about nothing and then showing REPLAYS of races which went off while they were talking does bug me.

They obviously got a ton of emails asking for hosts back on Mondays and Tuesdays and I personally missed Perloff and wanted him back.

andicap
07-01-2008, 07:06 AM
They obviously got a ton of emails asking for hosts back on Mondays and Tuesdays and I personally missed Perloff and wanted him back.

Actually they have done this before on light racing days -- gone without hosts and just played the music. Nothing really new here.

t's the same thing they do at night when they don't have late-night quarter-horse races from Los Alamitos. (At least they did when i was back in the U.S.)

JustRalph
07-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Ok, the monthly TVG thread for June is Complete................

Join us back here in Late July for next months Love/Slugfest

Goodnight Everybody!!!! We Love you Chevy!!!!!!!

Tom
07-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Didn't we do this thread last week, and the week before, and the week before that? Didn't you post this reply last week and the week before, and the week before that?

Oh! and I almost forgot. Tom hates TVG too. I think he missed this thread. No, I didn't, just did'n't feel the need to jump in, but you looked like you were having so much fun re-hashing I just had to stop by.

TVG is on its last legs. Lets remember them when they are gone for what they tried to do, not what music you didn't like on slow days when it clearly doesn't pay for live talent (which is HRTV 75% of the time, but no one mentions that). One of the reason I prefer HRTV!

Consistency is always appreciated.

onefast99
07-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Did TVG ever do Delaware?

thespaah
07-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Nancy is back this a.m..........not sure if it is a one time deal or not.she's a breath of fresh air..Doesn't take herself too seriously. seems to know her stuff and picks a winner once in a while..Actually picked the double at Philly Park on 6/30...She said she's working Mon and Tues this week..Rich P is back next Mon and Tues...
I'd like to know where the facts invloved about the impending demise of TVG are..One poster says the net is on it's way out. I'm not buying it.