PDA

View Full Version : Dutrow -you can't make this stuff up!!

fmhealth
06-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Well the plot thickens.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2008/06/27/2008-06-27_rick_dutrow_calls_fellow_horse_trainer_g.html

Shenanigans
06-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, I would vote Dutrow gets a fists shoved down his throat before he "falls off the map". This guy needs to learn to how to crawl back under that rock he fell out from under.

Tom
06-28-2008, 09:37 PM
This guy reminds me off Wayne Williams, the serial killer in Atlanta a few years ago. He kept on talking the talk while guilty as hell.

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Please....as if Dutrow is the first person to say (never mind think) that kind of thing about Contessa....don't make me laugh....

Greyfox
06-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Dutrow said:

Dutrow, 48, said it would be ideal for the sport to have a national drug policy so everyone could race on the same playing field. And he blamed veterinarians for giving other trainers an advantage.

"If you can stop the vets from coming in here, we're still going to be around winning at the same rate and we'll still be going good,"..

Dutrow implied: "I'm a good horseman. When everyone else plays fair, my horses will do just the same." When they play fair, I'll play fair is the message. I don't doubt his knowledge of horses. Or Chemistry for that matter.

ryesteve
06-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Please....as if Dutrow is the first person to say (never mind think) that kind of thing about Contessa....don't make me laugh....It's not what he said, it's the level of hypocrisy it took to say it...

David-LV
06-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Congratulations to Mr. Dutrow & IEAH for another great victory with Frost Giant who paid $82.00 to win in Saturday's $400,000 Suburban Handicap at Belmont.

Despite all the negative press & boasting one thing that still remains true is that Rick Dutrow Jr. is among the great trainers in the game today.

________
David

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2008, 01:56 AM
OK, I'll say it David...once was enough....there's a policy in place against posting the same thing over and over again. :lol:

David-LV
06-29-2008, 01:59 AM
OK, I'll say it David...once was enough....there's a policy in place against posting the same thing over and over again. :lol:

Sorry, but in this case I thought once was not enough.:bang:

_______
David

PeteKoch
06-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Dutrow mentioned Juan Serey in the piece. An acquaintaince is a former owner with JS and always referred to the trainer as Juan Syringe.

Shenanigans
06-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Congratulations to Mr. Dutrow & IEAH for another great victory with Frost Giant who paid $82.00 to win in Saturday's $400,000 Suburban Handicap at Belmont.

Despite all the negative press & boasting one thing that still remains true is that Rick Dutrow Jr. is among the great trainers in the game today.

________
David

Great??? :lol:

stuball
06-29-2008, 10:56 AM
How can we honestly have any opinions about trainer
abilities with all the chemistry involved...?

Stuball

onefast99
06-29-2008, 11:01 AM
I had three solid horses with Gary, he did pretty well for us and I dont have a bad thing to say about him. I think Winning Move and Gary have done quite well in the claiming game they work well together, very well. I dont think either of these two trainers should be throwing stones, its not good for the game.

Tom
06-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Obviously, all the class in the Dutrow barn is in the horses.
You can dress them up, but your can't take the trailer park out of them.

JustRalph
06-29-2008, 01:19 PM
nice pic of Contessa. He looks like an accountant............ :lol:

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2008/06/28/amd_contessa.jpg

kenwoodallpromos
06-29-2008, 02:42 PM
I had three solid horses with Gary, he did pretty well for us and I dont have a bad thing to say about him. I think Winning Move and Gary have done quite well in the claiming game they work well together, very well. I dont think either of these two trainers should be throwing stones, its not good for the game.
I disagree and also think makes it much more interesting!

andicap
06-29-2008, 05:05 PM
I agree with ken -- to a degree. I think trash talking is great for the game -- look at how it helps NASCAR where all the focus is on the personalities. BUT, trash talking drugs is definitely a detriment because it focuses on one of the sport's major negatives.

If they called each other morons without referring to drugs, cheating, etc., that would be hysterical, great copy and great publlicity. Hell, manufacture a feud if you have to ---

Shenanigans
06-29-2008, 05:34 PM

Stuball

Great question.

SmartyMarty
06-30-2008, 04:16 AM

Stuball

trainer ability in the year 2008 is all about chemistry..
nothing bad about that..
it's knowing how to walk the line without getting nailed using legal drugs.(unless the frig is loaded down with snake venom)
it's an artform..

good trainers don't get positives..

that's the defining criteria..

may I have the next case plz?

phatbastard
06-30-2008, 04:35 AM
i guess good trainers also run horses on 2 days rest only to have them pull up and be vanned off....this guy just irks me....doesn't stop me from betting his horses though

lamboguy
06-30-2008, 06:11 AM
contessa has come a long way, i remember the days on the backside @ monmouth when he developed the nickname "pinochio"

Shenanigans
06-30-2008, 09:51 AM
trainer ability in the year 2008 is all about chemistry..
nothing bad about that..
it's knowing how to walk the line without getting nailed using legal drugs.(unless the frig is loaded down with snake venom)
it's an artform..

good trainers don't get positives..

that's the defining criteria..

may I have the next case plz?

Yes, there is something bad about it. It means they can't train. There aren't many horsemen left training horses. The vets are doing it all. The vets wheel their trucks barn to barn like a frigging ice cream truck, throw open the doors the yell "here you go boys, what's your flavor today".
"Good trainers don't get positives" - that quote is about as asinine as they come. You're implying that the ones that are careful not to get caught are the "good" ones. :rolleyes:

SmartyMarty
06-30-2008, 09:58 AM
"Good trainers don't get positives" - that quote is about as asinine as they come. You're implying that the ones that are careful not to get caught are the "good" ones. :rolleyes:

No, "caught" is pejorative

I'm implying that good trainers know how to manage legal drugs judiciously..