PDA

View Full Version : Frost King Err...

Stevie Belmont
06-28-2008, 08:15 PM
It was Kent and Big Brown in disguise..!!

They really stuck to them today....

Horse was ready to rumble at 40/1

Tom
06-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I'll have what he's having!:rolleyes:

cj
06-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Cheaters never...errrr...always win.

toetoe
06-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I detect a frigid aire in this room. Brrrrr ! :eek:

Stevie Belmont
06-28-2008, 09:47 PM
How do we know he cheated?

People need to lighten up and take a joke.

cj
06-28-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't really find anything funny about guys with repeated violations winning at the top level, or any level, of racing.

Not only is Dutrow a many time caught cheater, he bets. So he probably cheats SOME of the time. This is even worse than if he cheated all the time as far as I'm concerned.

ryesteve
06-28-2008, 11:53 PM
I was all over the runner-up. Should I save my tickets until the samples come back? :rolleyes:

Tuffmug
06-29-2008, 03:44 AM
No cheating or drugs involved ( sorry all you Dutrow Haters)! There is a big rail bias at Belmont. Frost King was running on concrete while the others were running on the beach!

Tom
06-29-2008, 11:16 AM
He was running on concrete, too? :lol:

NY BRED
06-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Once again split entries often lead to the higher odds horse winning

Not for nothing, in this instance RD ran 1st/3rd

Futchie
06-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Bets eh? Is that why I thought my exactors were pretty light for a 40-1 shot onto a third choice 9/2 shot

BombsAway Bob
06-29-2008, 12:21 PM
This nonstop piling-on on Dut-Row is ready to be shoveled out of the PA barn...
Every time Dickie walks one in the winners' circle, the whining will begin again..
& NO, I didn't bet him...
If you think he's cheating, bet on him, or pass on the race he's entered in..
Y'all MUST have more interesting things to gripe about....
like only 26 days unitl the Contessa~Dutrow Death Match @ The SPA...:kiss:

Stevie Belmont
06-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I see youre avatar...How many good horses has that guy broken down? Alot

I don't really find anything funny about guys with repeated violations winning at the top level, or any level, of racing.

Not only is Dutrow a many time caught cheater, he bets. So he probably cheats SOME of the time. This is even worse than if he cheated all the time as far as I'm concerned.

cj
06-29-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm not a fan, but to answer your question, I doubt percentage wise he has broken down any more than any other big name trainer.

Stevie Belmont
06-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I could look into, but I won't. I'm not gonna sit here and post negative stuff about trainers. We know the pros and cons. So I'll let it be.

Either way both trainers are Hall Of Famers...And thats the way it goes..

Each person can reserve judgement on them...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion..

Indulto
06-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Cheaters never...errrr...always win.And yet not only do you keep your wallet open, but you're also ahead, so why the tears? :eek:

toetoe
06-29-2008, 08:11 PM
He cheats ... HE SKAWWWRS ! Scratch my back with a hacksaw !

NG_GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL ! :jump:

Dahoss9698
06-29-2008, 08:16 PM
I could look into, but I won't. I'm not gonna sit here and post negative stuff about trainers. We know the pros and cons. So I'll let it be.

Either way both trainers are Hall Of Famers...And thats the way it goes..

Each person can reserve judgement on them...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion..

Dutrow is a Hall of Fame trainer at this point in his career?

Stevie Belmont
06-29-2008, 08:18 PM
It's Frost Giant....I have been calling this horse Frost King since he was at Gulfstream.

I keep thinking that's name. I can't remember the last time I got confused with a horses names before.

So it's Frost Giant....

cj
06-29-2008, 08:21 PM
And yet not only do you keep your wallet open, but you're also ahead, so why the tears? :eek:

Because I like the sport and want to see it thrive LONG term.

Stevie Belmont
06-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I think we would all like to see the sport thrive long term...

David-LV
06-29-2008, 08:32 PM

If you think this game is so full of cheaters why don't you take up bowling or something.

This way you won't have anybody to blame but yourself when things don't go to your liking.

So Dutrow bets, so what, so does about 85% of all the trainers in the sport.

_______
David

cj
06-29-2008, 08:58 PM
I already bowl. I golf. I play tennis and table tennis. I read a lot. I have a wife and three children.

Why do you assume because I want the sport cleaned up that things "aren't going to my liking"? I happen to be doing very well. My complaints have nothing to do with betting. How dare me want the game clean.

Your post is so stupid it defies common sense. Idiots like you are probably the reason I do well despite cheaters.

the little guy
06-29-2008, 09:18 PM
No cheating or drugs involved ( sorry all you Dutrow Haters)! There is a big rail bias at Belmont. Frost King was running on concrete while the others were running on the beach!

He was never on the rail.

onefast99
06-29-2008, 09:24 PM
He was never on the rail.\
You missed a good race then, he came back after being passed on the hard inner rail. The rail horses have been picking up a lot of ground over the past few weeks at Belmont, ever since Belmont day. Good trip on this one got him to the winners circle.

Charlie D
06-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi guys

Just to say, Frost Giant won a G3 over 10f on turf as a 3yo in Ireland and the G1 Surburban was about on a par with it.

His run behind English Channel would also be on par with his Irish G3 win too, also don't forget it was only his second run on dirt, the first, being over a trip that would probably be less than ideal

the little guy
06-29-2008, 09:25 PM
\
You missed a good race then, he came back after being passed on the hard inner rail. The rail horses have been picking up a lot of ground over the past few weeks at Belmont, ever since Belmont day. Good trip on this one got him to the winners circle.

I watched it live from a box on the finish line....I also watched the replay.

You should try it.

onefast99
06-29-2008, 09:31 PM
I watched it live from a box on the finish line....I also watched the replay.

You should try it.
Solar Flare passed him at the top of the stretch the 3 horse was on the rail entering the stretch, the 2 horse(Frost Giant) was in the 3 path and was pulled to the rail in the last 50 yards to get up for the win, the horses that have been getting the inner rail for the stretch drive have been making up some good ground. Frost Giant rode the rail for 50 plus yards and that got him the win. So "he was never on the rail" is correct until the last part of the race!

the little guy
06-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Solar Flare passed him at the top of the stretch the 3 horse was on the rail entering the stretch, the 2 horse(Frost Giant) was in the 3 path and was pulled to the rail in the last 50 yards to get up for the win, the horses that have been getting the inner rail for the stretch drive have been making up some good ground. Frost Giant rode the rail for 50 plus yards and that got him the win. So "he was never on the rail" is correct until the last part of the race!

Once again.....he was never on the rail.

He did spend some of the race in the two path, and actually was just outside the two path for some of the stretch run, but he was never on the rail.

Feel free to watch the head on sometime.

onefast99
06-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Once again.....he was never on the rail.

He did spend some of the race in the two path, and actually was just outside the two path for some of the stretch run, but he was never on the rail.

Feel free to watch the head on sometime.I just watched it again, he was in between the 1 and 2 path, he was in the 3-4 path heading around the clubhouse turn. The jockey pulled him to the 1-2 path in the last 50 yards, thats what won the race great ride! The inside has been rock hard and if you watch some of the races this weekend a lot of horses on the inner portion of the track have comeback and either made up a lot of ground or have won. Splitting hairs over the 1 or 2 path isnt worth it, I'm sure you didnt have the winner and neither did I. Have a good night.

the little guy
06-29-2008, 09:55 PM
You can place him wherever you like....whatever makes you happy.....but the simple fact is the original claim that I refuted was that he was on the rail. He wasn't. This is fact and anyone that cares to watch the head on will see this. It isn't semantics......he was not on the rail. Period.

As far as your claims of a supposed " concrete rail "....while you can make up whatever biases you wish, this claim is not substantiatable whatsoever by the results in dirt races over the past four days at Belmont. Certainly there was nothing wrong with being inside, and a number of horses did just fine while being on or near the rail, however easily as many, and probably more, did well towards the middle of the track ( some racing near the lead and some closing ). The simple fact is that the track was even. The results were reasonably logical and it seems highly unlikely any horse ran over it's head by racing on the rail.

trigger
06-29-2008, 10:47 PM
BTW, the Rags gave out FG and a couple of TG guys touted FG...should have listened.

hracingplyr
06-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Actually alot of guys at thorograph had the 80.00 dutrow horse. Also the horse came out as one of the top 2 in the RDSS software. The public just blew that one.

Bob

Dahoss9698
06-29-2008, 11:58 PM
I still want to know why Dutrow was called a Hall of Fame trainer earlier in this thread.

HEADSUP
06-30-2008, 01:09 AM
I already bowl. I golf. I play tennis and table tennis. I read a lot. I have a wife and three children.

Why do you assume because I want the sport cleaned up that things "aren't going to my liking"? I happen to be doing very well. My complaints have nothing to do with betting. How dare me want the game clean.

Your post is so stupid it defies common sense. Idiots like you are probably the reason I do well despite cheaters.

and I bet you live on FANTASY ISLAND too......since the 1st horse race ever, all (ALL) trainers have looked for and used whatever EDGE they could find and NOT get caught...Please all of you criers and whiners get real, these are multi-million dollar operations ( umm like big corps) they ALL take any edge they get .
the industry will survive inspite of guys like you criers and whiners,
btw, I never post but am so sick of the stupidity lately and bashing of people I was forced too. WAKE UP , if you think you or anyone is going to remove all or any corruptness involved with horse racing ( or auto racing or baseball or football or whatever) you must live on fantasy Island. insyead of wasting all this energy on bashing guys, try spending it on making this a great forum to discuss horse racingand how we might be able to get a winner
sorry for this but somebody had to say it

HEADSUP
06-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Oh and BTW CJ the answer to a question youasked someone else about paying $500 a track for info better than the rags, the answer is yes some would. Trust me when I say this, to a "sheet player" the cost is well worth it and if they were without them they would be hurtin, because there is NOTHING better. BTW I am not a sheet player, but am well aware of the philosophy len uses and they definately will get you winners, but like anything else you still have to work to get there

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Trust me when I say this, to a "sheet player" the cost is well worth it and if they were without them they would be hurtin, because there is NOTHING better. BTW I am not a sheet player,Wha....wha....WHAT?

"This is NOTHING better," but you are not a sheet player? Again....huh?

I have to assume you are not a player, period, or else you would be using the sheets, since you believe there is nothing better.

Tuffmug
06-30-2008, 02:42 AM
You can place him wherever you like....whatever makes you happy.....but the simple fact is the original claim that I refuted was that he was on the rail. He wasn't. This is fact and anyone that cares to watch the head on will see this. It isn't semantics......he was not on the rail. Period.

As far as your claims of a supposed " concrete rail "....while you can make up whatever biases you wish, this claim is not substantiatable whatsoever by the results in dirt races over the past four days at Belmont. Certainly there was nothing wrong with being inside, and a number of horses did just fine while being on or near the rail, however easily as many, and probably more, did well towards the middle of the track ( some racing near the lead and some closing ). The simple fact is that the track was even. The results were reasonably logical and it seems highly unlikely any horse ran over it's head by racing on the rail.

Watch the dirt replays for the last few days carefully. If you see no bias then there is no bias for you. I, however, chose to believe my own eyes and will bet accordingly.

HEADSUP
06-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Wha....wha....WHAT?

"This is NOTHING better," but you are not a sheet player? Again....huh?

I have to assume you are not a player, period, or else you would be using the sheets, since you believe there is nothing better.

sorry, what I meant is "to a sheet player (follower) there is nothing better..remember we were talking about someone paying $500 for information(whatever it might be)
and I am a player..just so the record is straight

Dahoss9698
06-30-2008, 07:12 AM
and I bet you live on FANTASY ISLAND too......since the 1st horse race ever, all (ALL) trainers have looked for and used whatever EDGE they could find and NOT get caught...Please all of you criers and whiners get real, these are multi-million dollar operations ( umm like big corps) they ALL take any edge they get .
the industry will survive inspite of guys like you criers and whiners,
btw, I never post but am so sick of the stupidity lately and bashing of people I was forced too. WAKE UP , if you think you or anyone is going to remove all or any corruptness involved with horse racing ( or auto racing or baseball or football or whatever) you must live on fantasy Island. insyead of wasting all this energy on bashing guys, try spending it on making this a great forum to discuss horse racingand how we might be able to get a winner
sorry for this but somebody had to say it

Thank god you came out of hiding to chastize. And what courage it must've taken......Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Tom
06-30-2008, 07:24 AM
sorry, what I meant is "to a sheet player (follower) there is nothing better..remember we were talking about someone paying $500 for information(whatever it might be)
and I am a player..just so the record is straight

But you're not a reader.
It was njcurveball, not CJ, who made the $500 commnet.
Nice, though, 5 friggin posts and you're calling estabslihed regualrs here whinners and criers????

Just because you're new, where do YOU fit in, bore or know-it-all? :rolleyes:

cj
06-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh and BTW CJ the answer to a question youasked someone else about paying $500 a track for info better than the rags, the answer is yes some would. Trust me when I say this, to a "sheet player" the cost is well worth it and if they were without them they would be hurtin, because there is NOTHING better. BTW I am not a sheet player, but am well aware of the philosophy len uses and they definately will get you winners, but like anything else you still have to work to get there

I didn't ask that question.

onefast99
06-30-2008, 08:44 AM
I just watched this race for the 9th time,please tell me why did the jock swing frost to the rail if the track playe so evenly? If he isnt on the inside rail for the last 50 yards I dont know what else you would call where he is at that move won the race for him no ifs ands or buts. No one could fit between him and the rail. As far as the inside being hard it was even discussed during a race review by Jason Blewitt. So I would imagine something sparked his interest also.

Dahoss9698
06-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I just watched this race for the 9th time,please tell me why did the jock swing frost to the rail if the track playe so evenly? If he isnt on the inside rail for the last 50 yards I dont know what else you would call where he is at that move won the race for him no ifs ands or buts. No one could fit between him and the rail. As far as the inside being hard it was even discussed during a race review by Jason Blewitt. So I would imagine something sparked his interest also.

There's no way you are watching the same race that is being discussed here. When they hit the top of the stretch Frost Giant is in the 4 path. Rudy begins whipping right handed and he drifts into the 3 path and runs there for about 10 seconds, which is a little less than an 1/8 of a mile. He thens comes in a bit more and runs in the 2 path for a few seconds. Then, he begins drifting out the final 1/16 and finishes the race back in the 4 path where he started.

I suggest watching for the 10th time. It's very hard for me to believe you are watching the same race because you are so incorrect.

toetoe
06-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Tom, come talk to me when you've hit 30,000 posts. :D

tlg, I'm as serious as I ever get when I say,
" ... unsubstantiatable ? YES ! :jump: "

This is kinda how it works. A wellmeaning poster alleges that a bias existed, and/or that a horse took a certain path. A boardmate responds that he disagrees. That's dialogue, people, and any "opiner" should expect, nay, PRAY for that. Once the disagreement is out there, intellectual curiosity, rigorously logical disquisition and probing questions just might be able to keep it from degenerating into attacks ad hominem. AAH we can get on ANY board. Want an example ? Oh, check out just about ANY OTHER BOARD. :bang:

I welcome the thoughts of people that disagree with me. I just don't want threadlocking by Admin. to ensue. :blush:

Per ardua ad astra, baby.

the little guy
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Here's the thing.....a lot of people see what they want to see as opposed to what is really happening. I guess it's human nature. They form a hasty opinion and then imagine incidents that back that opinion up as opposed to looking at the entire picture and taking everything into account. It's as though they believe that if they don't see a bias, one pretty rarely exists at Belmont, they aren't paying attention. Ironically I see it completely differently. Frankly, seeing a bias is usually pretty easy.....assuming it actually exists.

For their sake I hope they don't bet a lot on these ill-informed opinions. For mine....I hope they bet every dollar they can beg, borrow, or steal. But hey, all of this kind of stuff is what makes this game great......many opportunities on a daily basis to disagree. Every conversation is an argument. I'm all for it!

NYPlayer
06-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Here's the thing.....a lot of people see what they want to see as opposed to what is really happening...

...But hey, all of this kind of stuff is what makes this game great......many opportunities on a daily basis to disagree. Every conversation is an argument. I'm all for it!

Right. One guy says there was a bias. The other guy says there wasn't. Nothing can be proven, but a lot can be learned.

Some pros had the winner in the Suburban, and they're not giving the money back - bias or no bias.

matthewsiv
06-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Dutrow ran the wrong horse in the Belmont and Big Brown on saturday?

Pace Cap'n
06-30-2008, 08:01 PM
[ ] Frost Giant spent some time on the rail

[ ] No, he didn't

onefast99
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Here's the thing.....a lot of people see what they want to see as opposed to what is really happening. I guess it's human nature. They form a hasty opinion and then imagine incidents that back that opinion up as opposed to looking at the entire picture and taking everything into account. It's as though they believe that if they don't see a bias, one pretty rarely exists at Belmont, they aren't paying attention. Ironically I see it completely differently. Frankly, seeing a bias is usually pretty easy.....assuming it actually exists.

For their sake I hope they don't bet a lot on these ill-informed opinions. For mine....I hope they bet every dollar they can beg, borrow, or steal. But hey, all of this kind of stuff is what makes this game great......many opportunities on a daily basis to disagree. Every conversation is an argument. I'm all for it!
"and Rodriguez persevered along the rail on Frost Giant to get the half length victory" DRF article from Dave Grening. But then again you had a better view and you cant just admit you are wrong and Frost did indeed take the rail and got the win. As far as your other comments go about track bias its your opinion and you are entitled to it.

cj
06-30-2008, 10:40 PM
"and Rodriguez persevered along the rail on Frost Giant to get the half length victory" DRF article from Dave Grening. But then again you had a better view and you cant just admit you are wrong and Frost did indeed take the rail and got the win. As far as your other comments go about track bias its your opinion and you are entitled to it.

So, because it is printed in DRF it is now true? That is too funny. Stop it, seriously, you are killing me.

ryesteve
06-30-2008, 10:42 PM
How 'bout if you call it an "inside bias" instead of a "rail bias" in the hopes of avoiding the more pointless part of this bickering?

cj
06-30-2008, 10:53 PM
How 'bout if you call it an "inside bias" instead of a "rail bias" in the hopes of avoiding the more pointless part of this bickering?

If there is an inside bias, the jockeys usually don't avoid the rail.

the little guy
06-30-2008, 11:01 PM

I couldn't care less what Dave wrote. I watched the race and I watched the head on and I welcome anyone else to. He was never on the rail. It's really quite simple.

the little guy
06-30-2008, 11:03 PM

There was no bias either for what it's worth. But, hey, if people want to make bad assessments and lose their money because of it then who am I to stop them.

Tom
06-30-2008, 11:10 PM
[ ] Frost Giant spent some time on the rail

[ ] No, he didn't

[X] He broke badly, bore out, bumped on the first turn, raced sluggishly, had nothing when asked, then was eased up late. Later photos revealed a loose shoe.

Oh, Frost Giant.
Never mind.

Zaf
06-30-2008, 11:28 PM
[X] He broke badly, bore out, bumped on the first turn, raced sluggishly, had nothing when asked, then was eased up late. Later photos revealed a loose shoe.

Oh, Frost Giant.
Never mind.

:lol:

Z

njcurveball
06-30-2008, 11:53 PM
I watched the head on and I welcome anyone else to. He was never on the rail.

The winner was in the 2 path most of the race, late on the wire he drifted out to the 3 path. A few horses made moves on the rail and they quit.

ryesteve
07-01-2008, 06:21 AM
There was no bias either for what it's worth.I didn't say there was; I was just hoping to avoid reading another 2 pages worth of messages that argued about how many seconds the horse ran in the 2 path, and whether or not it was really the 1 1/2 path or the 2 1/2 path.

the little guy
07-01-2008, 08:03 AM
I didn't say there was; I was just hoping to avoid reading another 2 pages worth of messages that argued about how many seconds the horse ran in the 2 path, and whether or not it was really the 1 1/2 path or the 2 1/2 path.

I never said you did.

I do think this is a very important argument or distinction. Racing is a game of minutia, one where inches are often the difference in winning relatively substantial amounts of money, and accuracy is of the utmost importance to any serious player. However, some here are flippantly disregarding that.

There can be a significant difference between a horse being in the 1 1/2 path or the 2 1/2 path. In fact, arguments like that get to the very core of handicapping. As a rough example, one year in the mid to late 90s there was an odd dead rail that I discovered for a few days in Saratoga. It was odd because the one path itself was dead while the two path and out was fine. Often " dead rails " are really tracks that favor an outside flow, and the paths seem to get progressively better as you move farther away from the inside. This was, however, not the case in this situation. By discovering this I was able to win a handful of bets that turned a lousy meet into a very successful meet.

I am fascinated by the attention to detail that this great game offers. I am willing to argue ad finitum about its importance.

KingChas
07-01-2008, 08:40 AM
So, because it is printed in DRF it is now true?

You mean after 30 years of using the DRF I've been getting Skewered. :D

cj's dad
07-01-2008, 08:50 AM
I am willing to argue ad finitum about its importance.

As has been proven beyond a doubt!:faint:

onefast99
07-01-2008, 09:41 AM
So, because it is printed in DRF it is now true? That is too funny. Stop it, seriously, you are killing me.
Maybe you should go look at the race, he won it while on the rail in the last 100 yards. If you have a head on replay go look at it, NJcurveball is partially right he drifted heading out of the clubhouse turn into the 4 path, then with 100 yards to go he was guided to the rail, so if anyone wants to put up the head on so we can all watch it do it, weekend warrior and race replays dont show the head-on on DRF. How about it CJ if you really watched the head on and you want to comment on the race instead of going by heresay feel free to put it on this thread.

njcurveball
07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Maybe you should go look at the race, he won it while on the rail in the last 100 yards. If you have a head on replay go look at it, NJcurveball is partially right he drifted heading out of the clubhouse turn into the 4 path, then with 100 yards to go he was guided to the rail.

He was NOT on the rail in the last 100 yards. I watched the head on and he was not even close to the rail at the finish.

I will send you some screen captures when I get home and get a chance to pull the replay up again.

The side angle is very deceptive and that is why Managers in the dugout should not argue whether a ball is inside or outside.

If you have 4njbets one of the good things is that you can view the head on replays. Yes I said something good about 4njbets. :D

Jim

the little guy
07-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Maybe you should go look at the race, he won it while on the rail in the last 100 yards. If you have a head on replay go look at it, NJcurveball is partially right he drifted heading out of the clubhouse turn into the 4 path, then with 100 yards to go he was guided to the rail, so if anyone wants to put up the head on so we can all watch it do it, weekend warrior and race replays dont show the head-on on DRF. How about it CJ if you really watched the head on and you want to comment on the race instead of going by heresay feel free to put it on this thread.

I don't get it. You continue to insist he was on the rail when anyone that watches the head on, and obviously several here have done that, can see he is never on the rail. Being the inside most horse is irrelevent.

We might as well argue whether or not the Sun rises in the East.

cj
07-01-2008, 10:49 AM
I watched it, yet again, on race replays. Since it is a subscription service, I don't think you can post it here. The head on is available there if you want to see him not run on the rail.

onefast99
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't get it. You continue to insist he was on the rail when anyone that watches the head on, and obviously several here have done that, can see he is never on the rail. Being the inside most horse is irrelevent.

We might as well argue whether or not the Sun rises in the East.
I just watched it on race replay again and then njbets, what a difference, race replay makes it look like he is 8 feet off the rail njbet shows him in the 4-5 path for the last 100 plus yards. You were right! Good call, did you have this one to win?

onefast99
07-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I watched it, yet again, on race replays. Since it is a subscription service, I don't think you can post it here. The head on is available there if you want to see him not run on the rail.
If you have racereplays on DRF there is no head on available. NJbets has the head on and he was in the 4-5 path for the rest of the way home, he looks much closer to the rail on the regular view very deceptive but he still won and no I didnt have him!

Dahoss9698
07-01-2008, 11:48 AM
I just watched it on race replay again and then njbets, what a difference, race replay makes it look like he is 8 feet off the rail njbet shows him in the 4-5 path for the last 100 plus yards. You were right! Good call, did you have this one to win?

So you basically argued something for days that you didn't even really look at, all the while saying you had looked at 9 times? And call me crazy, but I'm sure both sites have the same video, so how could one video have him in the 4-5 path, and the other has him on the rail? Is there no end to the BS?

onefast99
07-01-2008, 11:51 AM
So you basically argued something for days that you didn't even really look at, all the while saying you had looked at 9 times? And call me crazy, but I'm sure both sites have the same video, so how could one video have him in the 4-5 path, and the other has him on the rail? Is there no end to the BS?
Yes the view from the sites are totally different. The race replays and weekend warrior on DRF have the side angle. The NJbets site has a head on. If you looked at the race replay site you would of noticed that, but it is apparent to me you just want to bitch a little to make yourself look like a cheap hero. Your BS comment is uncalled for and shows a lack of respect for a fellow forum member.:faint:

Dahoss9698
07-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Yes the view from the sites are totally different. The race replays and weekend warrior on DRF have the side angle. The NJbets site has a head on. If you looked at the race replay site you would of noticed that, but it is apparent to me you just want to bitch a little to make yourself look like a cheap hero. Your BS comment is uncalled for and shows a lack of respect for a fellow forum member.:faint:

Spare me the "poor me" routine that usually follows when someone is shown to be incorrect. I went back through this thread and counted. You made mention and were very matter of fact that Frost Giant was on the rail 6 different times. Including telling another member to actually watch the head on, instead of just relying on heresay.

It was obvious to anyone that had actually seen the head on that what you were saying was incorrect. Then, when you actually did watch the head on, you realize that you have just been BSing for days now, because you in fact hadn't seen the head on and are now trying to spin it around to me? Sorry, looks like BS to me.

eastie
07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
no surprise at who was right here. against TLG, he is as outmatched as a one legged man in an ass kickin contest.

onefast99
07-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Spare me the "poor me" routine that usually follows when someone is shown to be incorrect. I went back through this thread and counted. You made mention and were very matter of fact that Frost Giant was on the rail 6 different times. Including telling another member to actually watch the head on, instead of just relying on heresay.

It was obvious to anyone that had actually seen the head on that what you were saying was incorrect. Then, when you actually did watch the head on, you realize that you have just been BSing for days now, because you in fact hadn't seen the head on and are now trying to spin it around to me? Sorry, looks like BS to me.
You never saw the head on and all of a sudden you are coming out of hiding and taking charge of this thread? Maybe I need to paste some of the previous threads you were involved in of which several were closed due to your comments. Try letting things go once in a while, you wont need so much blood pressure meds. Have a good day trooper.

Dahoss9698
07-01-2008, 12:30 PM
You never saw the head on and all of a sudden you are coming out of hiding and taking charge of this thread? Maybe I need to paste some of the previous threads you were involved in of which several were closed due to your comments. Try letting things go once in a while, you wont need so much blood pressure meds. Have a good day trooper.

Paste whatever you want. I saw the head on and posted a detailed description of it, that you ironically completely ignored. I, like others in this thread, just think it's important to be factual about things, especially in this game. Some don't. Thanks for the advice though. Who said nothing in life is free anymore?

njcurveball
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM

Thank god you came out of hiding to chastize. And what courage it must've taken......Give me a break. :rolleyes:

WOW! Talk about NO MIRRORS! :lol:

parimutual
07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
You communicate so well and then you wrote that ???

the little guy
07-01-2008, 03:45 PM
You communicate so well and then you wrote that ???

I make up words all the time....but actually thought that was OK. Is it like adding " wise " to the end of words?

parimutual
07-01-2008, 03:57 PM
I thought this thread went on and on so I thought I'd bring it to the other rail (there are two on the straight course).

onefast99
07-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I thought this thread went on and on so I thought I'd bring it to the other rail (there are two on the straight course).\
Yes there are and do you like the outside rail or the inside rail? There is an outside bias on non-racing days.

Dahoss9698
07-01-2008, 05:48 PM
WOW! Talk about NO MIRRORS! :lol:

Good one. I guess when your arguement fails you have to resort to something.

Semipro
07-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks to all that wasted my time on the silliest thread I've read in my life.

Dahoss9698
07-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks to all that wasted my time on the silliest thread I've read in my life.

It is silly, but don't you think it's important to be accurate if there is going to be a race discussion? That is all that was attempting to be done.

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks to all that wasted my time on the silliest thread I've read in my life.Silly? Not really. In fact, TLG made some pretty good general points on handicapping and whatnot.

Semipro
07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Silly? Not really. In fact, TLG made some pretty good general points on handicapping and whatnot.He did have one substantiatable point refering to people seeing what they want to see but it just seemed a little silly (to me) the reluctance to give in to a mute point. Don't get me wrong I'm just as capable as anyone to get caught up a I'm right you're wrong thing.Mostly I try to stay with the it's all point view mentality.

onefast99
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Silly? Not really. In fact, TLG made some pretty good general points on handicapping and whatnot.
Yes he did and a few people even got to blame me for their weekend losses! Pretty good thread for a while until some of the road kill specialists kicked in with their two cents!

the little guy
07-01-2008, 11:30 PM
He did have one substantiatable point refering to people seeing what they want to see but it just seemed a little silly (to me) the reluctance to give in to a mute point. Don't get me wrong I'm just as capable as anyone to get caught up a I'm right you're wrong thing.Mostly I try to stay with the it's all point view mentality.

Most importantly....it's MOOT.....not MUTE!

However, why exactly should I " give in " to a point that is patently false and misleading to anyone reading the thread? You may think where horses are on the racetrack is inconsequential, or moot, but I do not. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities.

You don't have to have any interest in this thread whatsoever, but quite frankly, you are the one, then, that " wasted your time " by reading this thread....nobody here wasted it for you.

And finally, for those that care, Pearl Jam rocked at the Beacon tonight.

bigmack
07-02-2008, 12:44 AM
And finally, for those that care, Pearl Jam rocked at the Beacon tonight.
I wanted to chime in on that mute/moot thing and you've given me reason not to.

PJ still commands that amount of loot for a ticket? The scalp world found prices abounding $3K. (Chum found out the hard way)

PJ, huh? I would have never figured you as an enthusiast of that ilk.

the little guy
07-02-2008, 01:07 AM
It was a benefit for the Robin Hood Foundation. Face price was $250-$2500.

onefast99
07-02-2008, 08:51 AM
I think the inner rail prices were the highest and the outer rail was the lowest, I do believe there was a visual bias in the cheap seats, but no one has written about that. PJ is one heck of a group, hope you all enjoyed the show!

Semipro
07-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Most importantly....it's MOOT.....not MUTE!

However, why exactly should I " give in " to a point that is patently false and misleading to anyone reading the thread? You may think where horses are on the racetrack is inconsequential, or moot, but I do not. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities.

You don't have to have any interest in this thread whatsoever, but quite frankly, you are the one, then, that " wasted your time " by reading this thread....nobody here wasted it for you.

And finally, for those that care, Pearl Jam rocked at the Beacon tonight.you're right