PDA

View Full Version : Algeiba is one step closer to his 1st start.

onefast99
06-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Our Lion Heart baby named right on this forum"Algeiba" is up in NJ and getting ready for a mid July start at Monmouth or late July in Saratoga. The only thing I can tell you is that he is one good looking colt. He adapted to his new stall after one day of making a lot of noise, probably to tell the other horses he is feeling good! I will keep everyone posted.

joanied
06-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Our Lion Heart baby named right on this forum"Algeiba" is up in NJ and getting ready for a mid July start at Monmouth or late July in Saratoga. The only thing I can tell you is that he is one good looking colt. He adapted to his new stall after one day of making a lot of noise, probably to tell the other horses he is feeling good! I will keep everyone posted.

Love his name:jump:
Best of luck, 99:ThmbUp:
Hope all the other horses listened to him:)

lamboguy
06-28-2008, 12:01 PM
good luck with your baby, its always exciting to watch them develop and become real race horses. the anticipation always builds up before the first race, especially with a good one like yours.

we all hope you do well with your baby

JustRalph
06-28-2008, 03:30 PM
remind us again, what does the name mean?

sam i am
06-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I think it was jotb (joe)who came up with it...see post below.

"How about ALGEIBA? Algeiba ("the Lion's Mane") is in the curve or the blade of the Sickle, and appears as a single star to the naked eye. However, as a telescope of only moderate size will clearly show, it is really one of the most beautiful double stars in the sky. It should really be observed in twilight to reveal the contrasting colors – one star has been said to be greenish, the other a delicate yellow. Others, however, have described different hues such as pale yellow and orange; reddish and golden yellow and even pale red and white"!

onefast99
06-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks Sam, the horse is aptly named he wants to be the king, he has a great personality, he loves attention but still has no idea of how to eat a carrot! He talks alot, I think I will find a horse whisperer to find out what he is saying. I watched his head perk up as he heard the bell go off for the third race at MP the other day. He then went to the back of his stall and let out a huge yell. He will be an interesting horse to say the least. he goes to the track tomorrow morning at 7am, I will let you know how he looks!

JustRalph
06-29-2008, 01:15 PM
hey, they have these things called cameras...........see if you can get a picture :lol:

onefast99
06-29-2008, 08:39 PM
hey, they have these things called cameras...........see if you can get a picture :lol:
I will get one this week...thanks.

njcurveball
06-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Good luck with the horse. My money is down on people and even the track announcer calling this one AL-Ge-Bra! :faint:

cj
06-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Good luck with the horse. My money is down on people and even the track announcer calling this one AL-Ge-Bra! :faint:

I'll take that bet.

onefast99
06-30-2008, 08:03 AM
I will let larry know how to pronounce the name, he did butcher Debussey, called him deb you say...

njcurveball
06-30-2008, 09:55 AM
I'll take that bet.

So you think the crowd will read the program and pronounce this name right?

onefast99
06-30-2008, 09:59 AM
So you think the crowd will read the program and pronounce this name right?
Thats a good question, everyone will stay away from betting him as they think he reminds them of that dreaded high school algebra class.

njcurveball
06-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Thats a good question, everyone will stay away from betting him as they think he reminds them of that dreaded high school algebra class.

I hope you get a great price and a winners circle photo Brian! :ThmbUp:

onefast99
06-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I hope you get a great price and a winners circle photo Brian! :ThmbUp:
Thanks, after todays 3rd at Delaware i think I may become a jockey. Pino really needs to retire!