PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

Tom
06-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Firefox suddenly stopped doing what it has been doing right along.
WhenI try to select a PDF chart from BRIs, it used to open, like I set it up to do. Now, it will not open, only go to a download window. I click on TOOLS and DOWNLOADS and nothing there anymore. Only the download windwow, no options.

Did they upgrade it to IE status, or what?

Computers.........BLLLLECKKKKKKK!

headhawg
06-28-2008, 11:22 AM
I just upgraded to Firefox v3 and all of my previous settings stayed the same so I am not sure what has happened to you. I have associated my pdf files to work with Foxit Reader. In Firefox, try going to Tools\Options, then click on the Applications button in the toolbar. There should be an entry for PDF document. To the right of that is a List Box (with a drop-down arrow). I have mine set to "always ask" as sometimes I want to open the PDF and sometimes I want to save it. Perhaps that may fix your issue. (Well, not yours but your computer's. :) )

Tom
06-28-2008, 01:12 PM
No applications page. That used to be in the Download section - now there is no menu at all there. Download manager has disappeared.

I'm at ver 2.0.0.14, and when I ask to check for updates, it says there are none.

How about exporting my bookmarks to IE, which I am going back to - had enough FF, never liked it to begin with. I am hesistant to re-load FF and lose everything, but I see no advantage to FF over IE, and many more problems, if ya can believe it.

Did MS tke over FF? :rolleyes:

Tom
06-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Finally found it.....of course it was not under downloads, why would a download function be under downloads? :bang:

Thanks, HH.

dutchboy
06-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Firefox 3.0 may not be available when you check for updates but you would need to go to the ff webpage and download it. I doubt if you will lose anything you need. You could do a google search in regard to the benefits of 3.0 and see if it fits for you.

Believe one of the main complaints was that with ff 2.0+ it used a lot of your pc's system resources. 3.0 may have fixed that according to the smart people. At least for me it seems to load a new webpage in 1-2 seconds.

UOTE=Tom]No applications page. That used to be in the Download section - now there is no menu at all there. Download manager has disappeared.

I'm at ver 2.0.0.14, and when I ask to check for updates, it says there are none.

How about exporting my bookmarks to IE, which I am going back to - had enough FF, never liked it to begin with. I am hesistant to re-load FF and lose everything, but I see no advantage to FF over IE, and many more problems, if ya can believe it.

Did MS tke over FF? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]