PDA

View Full Version : Woodside Associates - Race of the Week

john del riccio
06-27-2008, 06:18 PM
The Henry Kuck Ratings for The ENTIRE CARD this Saturday at BEL are available at the link below which features the Suburban HCP.

Good Luck.

John

http://www.woodsideassociates.com/r...heweek/rotw.pdf (http://www.woodsideassociates.com/raceoftheweek/rotw.pdf)

Hard2Like
06-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Your generosity is much appreciated.TBD (simulcast) here we come.:ThmbUp:

bobphilo
06-27-2008, 11:37 PM
John, once again your free PPs are much appreciated, especially since I've begun playing the full card at Belmont lately, as my ROI analysis justifies begining my professional play. I expect your PPs will play a big part in this big move as I have great confidence in their accuracy.

Bob

john del riccio
06-28-2008, 07:21 AM
John, once again your free PPs are much appreciated, especially since I've begun playing the full card at Belmont lately, as my ROI analysis justifies begining my professional play. I expect your PPs will play a big part in this big move as I have great confidence in their accuracy.

BobBob,

TY for the kind words....

After looking through this race the phrase that comes to mind is "Oh, How the mighty have fallen". I remeber the days when this race would be filled with
the best older handicap horses in the country. Looking at the figs they had put together as a field was very impressive. This years race looks like a high priced claimer on the improve and getting good at the right time could give this group a run for its money. Sad but true....

JOhn

Tom
06-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Dittos, John, the Suburban, Met Mile, Brooklyn, used to be marquis event in the 70's - must see racing. I remember waiting outside the news stand in the afternnon before for the Advanced Edition to hit the sidewalk! (Remember that? You used to by TWO forms for a raceday!!!!! :eek:)

The Handicap Triple was as popular as the Triple Crown to many of us back in the day.

Oh well, move on, at least it's not on plasti-crap like the Tin Cup, er, Gold Cup
:rolleyes:

john del riccio
06-28-2008, 09:24 AM
I remember waiting outside the news stand in the afternnon before for the Advanced Edition to hit the sidewalk! (Remember that? You used to by TWO forms for a raceday!!!!! :eek:)

Tom,

WOW did this quote bring back memories...

In fact, I remeber the days when my POP used to have my mom drive to a place on the BLVD on fdriday night at around 11 pm to pick up saturdays form so he could handivcap all the races before saturday breakfast....

Man o' man, I am scaring myself !

Good Luck today.

John

john del riccio
06-28-2008, 11:45 AM
CLASS:
------
AP ARROW has clearly faced the stiffest competition and is the "class"
of the field. SOLAR FORCE is trying much stronger competition and it is
difficult to tell if he is on the improve due to him having only one US start.
MERCHANT MARIE is also attempting to compete against tougher competition
but he is on the improve coming off a career best effort over the BEL surface.

PACE:
-----
For a G-I, the pace of this race is likely to be ordinary.

AP ARROW is not a speed horse, yet his recent pace figures actually put him
on the lead if Dominguez doesn't prevent it. FROST GIANT and SOLAR FORCE
will also likely be part of the pace.

VARIANT:
=========

The distance of 1 1/4 mi is new to alot of runners here and thats always a key factor. AP ARROW's weakness is that his variant ratings at 1 1/8 are better than they are at 1 3/16 & 1 1/4 miles. FROST GIANT has never been this far and his best rating of 78 is three lengths behind AP ARROW'S best. NAUGHT NEW YORKER is better at a mile 1 1/8 mi so 1 1/4 mi is a stretch. SOLAR FLARE won at 1 1/4 in Argentina on the lead and in his lone US start going 1 1/16 he earned a variant rating better than both FROST GIANT & NAUGHTY NEW YORKER in their best two turn efforts. His traing since suggests further improvment is likely. RISING MOON shares the best two turn variant rating (81) in the field with AP ARROW and he earned that rating going 1 1/2 miles at Belmont Park. The problem is that it was last year. The extended gaps in his race record suggest some soundness issues as does the fact that he drifted out in his lone start in 2008.HARLINGTOn is another horse with alot of gaps in his record having only 9 starts as a 6 yo and is capable at the distance having earned an 80 going 1 3/16 but that was in 2006.
HUNTING has had several chances to run back to his carrer best race which was last November at AQU and has failed to do so despite facing softer competiton. MERCHANT MARINE is certainly bred to get the distance but didn't perform as well at 1 1/8 miles as he had at shorter distances. His trainer is and will alsways be DA MAN. Allen Jerkens would always turn on the red light when working a horse a mile prior to a race but for this horse, he hasn't done that. However, he did work him a solid 7f and he is 4-4 at BEL.
Very Interesting....

Good Luck.

MERCHANT MARINE 8-1
SOLAR FLARE 4-1
AP ARROW 2-1

pktruckdriver
06-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks John

But I just can't figure your numbers out, please help.

Premier Turf Club
06-28-2008, 02:46 PM
See Attached...

Right from John's website

pktruckdriver
06-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks PTC

But no thanks, just got killed, figuratively.