PDA

View Full Version : Beyer Pace Figures

JeremyJet
06-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Is there a program out there that produces Beyer pace figures the way it's described in Beyers books? I made a spreadsheet than helps me do it on a race-by-race/horse-by-horse basis, but I'm looking for something that can handle a whole card at once.

JeremyJet

llegend39
06-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Is there a program out there that produces Beyer pace figures the way it's described in Beyers books? I made a spreadsheet than helps me do it on a race-by-race/horse-by-horse basis, but I'm looking for something that can handle a whole card at once.

JeremyJet
Why dont you just use the Moss Pace Figure enhanced DRF?

BIG49010
06-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Jeremy Jet was won of my favorite horses, you could always count on him on sloppy tracks in Chicago.

Greyfox
06-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Beyer Pace Figures? What are they? Beyer produces Speed Figures.

Tom
06-28-2008, 02:31 PM
He outlined a procedure to make pace figs in Beyer On Speed.
That was the fondation for Moss's pace figs. He wrote an article in Horseplayer Mag about the early version of them, far from what he does nowadays (back then, they were actually useable!).

JeremyJet
06-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Re: Why dont you just use the Moss Pace Figure enhanced DRF?

1. Why pay for something when you can do it yourself. Coming up with the pace figures is really not that hard to produce. It's just labor intensive. That's why I'm looking for a program to make things easier on me.
2. They say the Moss figures use the Beyer variant, but the official Beyer isn't part of the pace profile. After all is said and done, Moss comes up with another final figure.? I don't get that. If you're useing the variant that's based on the official Beyer, why the need for another final fig.

JeremyJet

jcrabboy
06-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Beyer Pace Figures? What are they? Beyer produces Speed Figures.

Hi GreyFox:
In the book 'Beyer on Speed' there is a complete chapter about creating pace figures in conjunction with the Beyer's speed rating. I am guessing JeremyJet is using these calculations in his spreadsheet.

Jimmie

Whoops. I see Tom already addressed this.

JeremyJet
06-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi GreyFox:
In the book 'Beyer on Speed' there is a complete chapter about creating pace figures in conjunction with the Beyer's speed rating. I am guessing JeremyJet is using these calculations in his spreadsheet.

Jimmie

That's correct, GreyFox. I also use the pars compiled by David Schwartz ... who is a regular on this forum. David has done a wondeful job in regard to the pars.

JeremyJet

JeremyJet
06-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Sorry about that. The quote was attributed to jcrabboy.

JeremyJet

Greyfox
06-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks to all for the clarification. I'll have to dig that book out again and jog my memory. :ThmbUp: