PDA

View Full Version : Bet Tracking Software

InsideTheRaces.com
06-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Longtime lurker 4 years or more and have always found answers to my questions by browsing the forum. I have been unable to find a answer to this though. Is there any software that tracks your picks and your ROI . I am looking for something that will allow a user or users to enter picks and have the software automatically retrieve the results and calculate ROI. I am not looking for something that requires the typing in of the results for each wager.

Thanks

John

wegoosewe
06-27-2008, 12:49 PM
well i know that if you bet with twinspires.com they automaticaly do it for you.. I have looked for myself before and couldnt find anything

Tom Barrister
06-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Pinnacle did that, but they don't take U.S. bettors anymore.

HSH has a very elaborate feature that allows you to track your picks, which can include individual track rebates if you get any. The output can then be summarized and broken down against many different criteria. However, it's not (to the best of my knowledge) a standalone module; it's something you'd be get with the full software.

GameTheory
06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
The "automatically retrieving results" is the hang-up there, unless you're talking about paid data (like .xrd files from TSN). The chart people don't like programs automatically collecting the free data, plus they can tweak the formats and URLs at any time. So that would probably rule out a commercial program doing it (again, unless you're talking about paid data).

Still, it would be fairly easy to create something to do it anyway and match up results to picks for personal use. But if you're betting online you can generally just download your bets with results in spreadsheet format, so there isn't much of a demand. Netcapper.com sells a bet tracking program, but you've got to enter the results yourself I think.

InsideTheRaces.com
06-27-2008, 01:35 PM
I know I can track with online betting sites but I don't want to actually place the wagers. I don't mind paying for the data i just want something where I can track fake wagers and see what the ROI would be without having to enterthe results for each race.

John

CapperLou
06-27-2008, 03:21 PM
I know I can track with online betting sites but I don't want to actually place the wagers. I don't mind paying for the data i just want something where I can track fake wagers and see what the ROI would be without having to enterthe results for each race.

John

You might want to inquire about "Bettor Keep Track" from Gordon Pine at Netcapper.com. This program allows you to input all your wagers and breaks each down as to type of race, distance, track, age etc. Then you input results and later you can find out where your are strong and weak by analysing the results. Your %'s and roi's are there too of course. Hope this might help you!

CapperLou

GameTheory
06-27-2008, 07:27 PM

So you just need a results database. Where do you get your data for your selections -- your PP data?

Dan Montilion
06-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Try This...

http://www.cynthiapublishing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=THS&Product_Code=BA-S&Category_Code=SOFTWARE

john w
06-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I use NetCapper and all I have to do isenter the bet type, amount bet and select the track,race and horse, the next time I download my races, it will post the results and figure my totals

GameTheory
06-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Try This...

http://www.cynthiapublishing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=THS&Product_Code=BA-S&Category_Code=SOFTWARE

$10/month for results -- can't beat that.

richrosa
06-28-2008, 12:27 AM
Longtime lurker 4 years or more and have always found answers to my questions by browsing the forum. I have been unable to find a answer to this though. Is there any software that tracks your picks and your ROI . I am looking for something that will allow a user or users to enter picks and have the software automatically retrieve the results and calculate ROI. I am not looking for something that requires the typing in of the results for each wager.

Thanks

John

ROI tracking, just like you are asking for, is a built in feature to HandicappingOS.

dutchboy
06-28-2008, 08:15 AM
http://www.horseracingsoftware.net/