PDA

View Full Version : 200k out of a 3500 claimer

JustRalph
06-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Saw this at Equidaily............it's a note about passing the torch of 5k allowance runners....... I just find the fact that they made 200k in less than two years with a 3500 claimer, pretty awesome. Is this as incredible as I perceive it? Not being an owner......... etc............ I am just wondering what to compare it with in the sports world.

http://www.equidaily.com/images/2007/goldenhr.jpg

On Friday, May 23, Golden Hare, 'King of the $5K Starter Allowance' -- having run out of his eligibility at that condition -- was claimed.

Golden Hare was claimed from trainer Steve Asmussen and owner Scott Blasi, Asmussen's assistant. The Asmussen/Blasi team had claimed Golden Hare for $3500 on August 22, 2006. Under their tutelage Golden Hare won an astounding 20 of his next 25 starts -- earning over $200K during that time-frame. The vast majority of those races were at the $5K starter alw level -- at a myraid of tracks, mostly in the south and midwest

eastie
06-27-2008, 08:52 AM
does this mean he has won 6 this year ?

njcurveball
06-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Saw this at Equidaily............it's a note about passing the torch of 5k allowance runners....... I just find the fact that they made 200k in less than two years with a 3500 claimer, pretty awesome. Is this as incredible as I perceive it? Not being an owner......... etc............ I am just wondering what to compare it with in the sports world.

http://www.equidaily.com/images/2007/goldenhr.jpg

On Friday, May 23, Golden Hare, 'King of the $5K Starter Allowance' -- having run out of his eligibility at that condition -- was claimed.

Golden Hare was claimed from trainer Steve Asmussen and owner Scott Blasi, Asmussen's assistant. The Asmussen/Blasi team had claimed Golden Hare for $3500 on August 22, 2006. Under their tutelage Golden Hare won an astounding 20 of his next 25 starts -- earning over $200K during that time-frame. The vast majority of those races were at the $5K starter alw level -- at a myraid of tracks, mostly in the south and midwest

He has made $77,740 in his last 12 starts. Taking off about $2,740 for the 2nd where he got claimed puts him at $75,000 for the time since the claim.

A really nice claim, but you do not get the ENTIRE LIFE earnings when you claim the horse, ONLY what the horse wins AFTER the claim. Are you saying he has made another $175,000 since these past performances were printed?

Yorker
06-27-2008, 09:28 AM
I think he's 24 of 53 now and also won a Claiming Crown race at Canterbury last year. So the ~$200k since claim is probably accurate.

saratoga guy
06-27-2008, 01:32 PM
That particular PP was included just to show the original claim -- it is not the entire record since that claim.

After the claim he went 20-for-25 and earned over $200K.

The horse that he "passed the torch" to [symbolically speaking], won at CD a couple of weeks ago to run his current win-streak to eleven.

A good horse can have these low level starter alw's at their mercy until they run out of the condition.

njcurveball
06-27-2008, 03:02 PM
That particular PP was included just to show the original claim -- it is not the entire record since that claim.

That is what I figured, although it would have made sense to also include the one from where he was claimed.