PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Spa this summer?

jognlope
06-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Do any of you go to the Spa?

JustRalph
06-27-2008, 08:38 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48021&highlight=roll+call

eastie
06-27-2008, 09:08 AM
yup, every year since '74. It is the most wonderful track in the world.

Tom
06-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Don't forget to sample the great water from the big fountain! Yum.

OTM Al
06-27-2008, 09:23 AM
That fountain water is something different...really good though if you have problems, shall we say, with regularity.....

eastie
06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
and it tastes really good too:ThmbUp:

jognlope
06-27-2008, 10:10 AM
You're the guys with open black shirts and gold chains, right?

eastie
06-27-2008, 11:17 AM
me with some of my peeps, and with wifey

RaceBookJoe
06-27-2008, 05:19 PM
I will be there on 8/8,11 always a great time.

SaratogaSteve
06-27-2008, 08:34 PM
every year, at least 2 different trips....

cj's dad
06-27-2008, 08:53 PM
You're the guys with open black shirts and gold chains, right?

I resemble that remark

onefast99
06-28-2008, 10:49 AM
We should be ready to roll out the 2yo's this summer. I will let you know when they go!

fouroneone
06-28-2008, 11:25 AM
nothing like working 10 hours a day, six days a week :jump:

jognlope
06-28-2008, 12:29 PM
I work every day of the month, with one day off, work at home, am bone tired and can't wait until I can collect SS in 6 years, it'll be a long 6 years. Then I want to tour the US with a hat with a whirlybird on it, huge pink sunglasses with little hearts in the frames... in my RV, but I guess the RV part won't be happening as gas will be $8 by then I suppose.

joanied
06-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Do any of you go to the Spa?

I wish!!!!!
Love it up there and really looked forward to going when I was rubbing horses at Belmont...it was our working 'vacation'. Someday...
It IS the great :ThmbUp: race place!!!

Storm Cadet
06-28-2008, 04:13 PM
I work every day of the month, with one day off, work at home, am bone tired and can't wait until I can collect SS in 6 years, it'll be a long 6 years. Then I want to tour the US with a hat with a whirlybird on it, huge pink sunglasses with little hearts in the frames... in my RV, but I guess the RV part won't be happening as gas will be $8 by then I suppose. Gas prices will be double that in 6-8 years

Tom
06-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Try this today and go broke by day three!
Better park your wagon watch this video instead! :lol:
KGZvQoPxhNs

joanied
06-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey Tom...

GEEZE...Dinah Shore:eek: I can't beleive I can remember those commercials...I think I'm getting old ;)

JustRalph
06-29-2008, 01:29 PM
I think there has to be a bubble, or Top to this oil thing.......... maybe not 6 bucks a gallon........but hell, $5 is in sight already..............

I always liked Dinah Shore. My parents watched her show often.
This lady was something else.

Long romance with Burt Reynolds. Romantically linked to :

Gene Krupa-Frank Sinatra-General Patton-Jimmy Stewart-Dick Martin-Eddie Fisher (who didn't Eddie Fisher Bonk?)-Rod Taylor-Wayne Rogers-Andy Williams-Tarzan Ron Ely-Dean Martin and more.................

above is according to Wiki, take it with a grain of salt.

bigmack
06-29-2008, 01:36 PM
but hell, $5 is in sight already..............
Local price:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/6_29_08_10_34_36.png

joanied
06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I think there has to be a bubble, or Top to this oil thing.......... maybe not 6 bucks a gallon........but hell, $5 is in sight already..............

Gene Krupa-Frank Sinatra-General Patton-Jimmy Stewart-Dick Martin-Eddie Fisher (who didn't Eddie Fisher Bonk?)-Rod Taylor-Wayne Rogers-Andy Williams-Tarzan Ron Ely-Dean Martin and more.................

My parents watched her show also...and Ed Sullivan. I actually met her when she was with Burt Reynolds... at a party in Ocala, when I lived there...met Burt also, and I thought they were really a good pair.
One of our son's couldn't get the hang of his name & called him....
Burnt Rentals :lol: and that brings to mind that I told my husband someone on this forum is called 'Just Ralph', because that same son would wave to everyone and then ask who they were...so we'd tell him "Oh, that's just Ralph" :D

I think Eddie Fisher probably :eek: did bonk every woman in Hollywood...including Liz Taylor....duh...they were married...she's the reason he divorced Debbie Reynolds!!
I just can't imagine Shore being involved with all those men...especially the likes of Jimmy Stewart and Patton :D No way!!!
I beleive she WAS involved with Sinatra, Krupa & Andy Williams.

Man, we go back....to when gas was, what.... .89 cents a gallon :faint:

eastie
07-14-2008, 11:52 PM
nothing like working 10 hours a day, six days a week :jump:

ouch !

joelouis
07-15-2008, 05:39 PM
me with some of my peeps, and with wifey

You guys look like you can put some food down, try Hash House A Go Go in san diego you will have a hard down eating a breakfast or lunch or dinner believe me bring your feed bag. the food is awesome and the portions are even bigger than the plate they are served on. You might want to take a nap after.:sleeping:

joelouis
07-15-2008, 05:42 PM

Didn't she have a fling with BURT REYNOLDS?

joanied
07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Didn't she have a fling with BURT REYNOLDS?

Fling? Hell, they nearly got married:eek: He met Sally Fields (she was in one of his crazy movies) and that was the end of Dinah. Burt & Dinah were an item for quite some time.
:) :) :)

point given
07-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey Tom...

GEEZE...Dinah Shore:eek: I can't beleive I can remember those commercials...I think I'm getting old ;)

Getting old !!!! You is old, honey !! :lol:

I remember gettin gas for 3o cents a gallon. Walked 5 miles to school in a snow storm and had a cold egg samwich for 3 years every day at school. Thems was de good ol daze ! :rolleyes:

joanied
07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Getting old !!!! You is old, honey !! :lol:

I remember gettin gas for 3o cents a gallon. Walked 5 miles to school in a snow storm and had a cold egg samwich for 3 years every day at school. Thems was de good ol daze ! :rolleyes:

da good ol' days... hell, I didn't walk 5 miles ta school...I used a covered wagon:lol:
30 cents a gallon and the guy would gas up the car, check the oil and clean the windsheild:eek: ...old? yeah,man, but neighbor...we're still way, way :cool: