PDA

View Full Version : Welcome New Sponsor - ThoroPredictor.com

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2008, 03:13 AM
ThoroPredictor.com has become an authorized advertiser on PaceAdvantage.Com.

Click here to visit their site:

www.ThoroPredictor.com (http://www.ThoroPredictor.com)

JeremyJet
06-29-2008, 01:42 PM
ThoroPredictor.com has become an authorized advertiser on PaceAdvantage.Com.

Click here to visit their site:

www.ThoroPredictor.com (http://www.thoropredictor.com/)

Do you have any more information about this program? Their website doesn't offer much in the way of info.

JeremyJet

Tom Barrister
06-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Unless it's changed since beta testing, it isn't a program. It's web-based.

I agree that there should be a bit more in the way of documentation, but the site just went online recently, so they may not have had time yet to flesh that part out.

One suggestion to the website developer is that the light-grey text background be scuttled. It makes the text harder to read (at least for me).

Jaguar
06-30-2008, 11:54 PM
By the early 90's form cycle charts, which had been very effective some years earlier, had become antique and irrelevant. Performance enhancing medications changed the handicapping game markedly.

If you think this commment is inaccurate, ask any old New York punter who watched a horse with a 235-day layoff go gate to wire. I was at Aqueduct in the late 80's when Oscar Barrera took a broken-down 5-year old plater and had him race to victory with the ease and grace of Seattle Slew, at long odds.

Trainers, when caught with a syringe full of go-juice were occasionally fined or banned, for a while. But, the reality of it is that betters lost money. In other words, they were robbed.

When the Vet who fixed the Kentucky Derby finally fessed up, you'll notice that he didn't give the losing bettors their money back.

I would seriously doubt that a horse's biological form cycle could be effective
on today's race tracks. Even Trainer and Jockey stats would be more reliable predictors.

In a contest between handicappers and chemists, I'll bet on the chemists every time.

Jaguar

andicap
07-01-2008, 07:19 AM
I disagree to some extent. Yes, chemistry has cut down considerably on the number of "bounces" and certainty changed the horse's body rhythms.

But analzying the form cycle of a horse being trained by a pharmacist can be very very productive. See which trainers' horses DON"T bounce as much and whose do. See how the numbers on a horse leap up like the spikes in a lie-detector test for some "conditioners."
How long do these spikes last and how much rest do these horses need?
Do they need more rest the longer they are on the drug?
Etc.

My big wish is that I had more time to really analyze how different trainers affect form cycles, If I was putting out a new product/service today, that's what I would focus on.

By the early 90's form cycle charts, which had been very effective some years earlier, had become antique and irrelevant. Performance enhancing medications changed the handicapping game markedly.

If you think this commment is inaccurate, ask any old New York punter who watched a horse with a 235-day layoff go gate to wire. I was at Aqueduct in the late 80's when Oscar Barrera took a broken-down 5-year old plater and had him race to victory with the ease and grace of Seattle Slew, at long odds.

Trainers, when caught with a syringe full of go-juice were occasionally fined or banned, for a while. But, the reality of it is that betters lost money. In other words, they were robbed.

When the Vet who fixed the Kentucky Derby finally fessed up, you'll notice that he didn't give the losing bettors their money back.

I would seriously doubt that a horse's biological form cycle could be effective
on today's race tracks. Even Trainer and Jockey stats would be more reliable predictors.

In a contest between handicappers and chemists, I'll bet on the chemists every time.

Jaguar