PDA

View Full Version : Couple Of Question Re Types Of Parimutuel Racing

trying2win
06-26-2008, 05:28 PM
I was curious what types of parimutuel racing PA members like to bet on. There are of course the four main groups:

A. THOROUGHBRED

B. HARNESS

C. GREYHOUND

D. QUARTER HORSE

--As for myself, I like to bet on A, B, and C types of racing. I haven't got a clue what to look for in Quarter Horse races, so I generally skip those kind of races when I see them mixed in with a thoroughbred card. For many years I played just Thoroughbred and Harness races. I added betting on the Greyhounds in the last year or so.

--I know many bettors who are bi-mutuel that play thoroughbred and harness, but I don't know of any others who are tri-mutuel or quad-mutuel.

--I know that time and expense for adding more types of racing are a detriment for some handicappers, and is not worth the extra stress for them. I use time-saving things like different types of software for thoroughbred, harness and the greyhounds as tools to help speed up the process of choosing spot plays. I rarely look at past perfomance lines anymore. Too time-consuming. Another time-saving device is I use morning line odds as additional aid in deciding plays to bet. Haven't got time to wait for final odds. I know my limits. I can only handle so many races a day. In my opinion, that old saying of 'know thyself' sure is wise advice.

I prefer the Mark Cramer style of choosing bets in many ways. I know some of these methods go 'against the grain' of traditional ways of handicapping, but 'to each their own' as they say. It's best to do what works for you.

T2W

46zilzal
06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
The folks in Florida would tell you that you left out Jai Lai.

whyhorseofcourse
06-26-2008, 06:03 PM
MOSTLY A & D
Very few harness bets and very few greyhound bets but they do come around now and again. :cool: