PDA

View Full Version : UN/Man O War

alhattab
06-26-2008, 02:45 PM
The UN nominations are out on the Monmouth Park website. I know the older male grass division is on the weak side, but on the noms list is....Daaher?

Interestingly (at least to me) so is Red Rocks.

Let's hope that despite this latest farce in coordination and scheduling we get two half decent betting races.

Southieboy
06-26-2008, 03:00 PM
U.N is a Breeders' Cup WAYI Race

joanied
06-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Red Rocks?? Really!! That IS interesting...have not heard a word about that horse since his BC.
Look foward to the entries.

alhattab
06-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Red Rocks?? Really!! That IS interesting...have not heard a word about that horse since his BC.
Look foward to the entries.

I hadn't either. Did small amount of digging and saw he was supposed to run in the Coronation Cup at the Epsom Derby Festival. Not sure if he ran (if he did he was not in the top 4).

OTM Al
06-26-2008, 04:40 PM
He finished 6th

joanied
06-27-2008, 12:45 PM
He finished 6th

Bummer. Maybe he needed a race? Hope he goes in either the Un or Man O War...be fun to see him again.

Stevie Belmont
06-27-2008, 12:47 PM
They should rename the United Nations to The English Channel Stakes....

Stevie Belmont
06-27-2008, 12:49 PM
2 time winner of the race and won the BC Turf over the course....

joanied
06-27-2008, 12:54 PM

Good idea:ThmbUp:
I don't care for the UN anyway, and don't care for a race named for it.

alhattab
06-27-2008, 02:50 PM

They should rename it to anything OTHER than the United Nations- I'm with Joanied.

I never thought English Channel was that great, and the geography reference may confuse things, but at least he was owned by a local guy.

joanied
06-27-2008, 05:17 PM
They should rename it to anything OTHER than the United Nations- I'm with Joanied.

I never thought English Channel was that great, and the geography reference may confuse things, but at least he was owned by a local guy.

Let's start a petition to re name it:jump:
Let's see, guess I need to look up some good one's that won it, that don't already have a race named for them...;)

alhattab
06-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Let's start a petition to re name it:jump:
Let's see, guess I need to look up some good one's that won it, that don't already have a race named for them...;)

Dr. Fager

joanied
06-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Dr. Fager

I thought of Fager...but doesn't he have a race named for him already?
If not...shame on racing...

alhattab
06-27-2008, 08:29 PM
I thought of Fager...but doesn't he have a race named for him already?
If not...shame on racing...

One of the Fla. Stallion Stakes is named for him. But according to the latest Amer. Racing Manual I have (2006) there is not a graded race named for him. I agree, that is a shame.

joanied
06-27-2008, 08:42 PM
One of the Fla. Stallion Stakes is named for him. But according to the latest Amer. Racing Manual I have (2006) there is not a graded race named for him. I agree, that is a shame.

Well, I'll be damned :mad: There's races named for horses that couldn't have touched Fager...I don't get that at all...that is bull **&%##@* if ya ask me... one of the Fla. Stallion Stakes is small taters...

Ok then...I'm first to re name:jump: the United Nations---
The Dr. Fager Handicap....or, the Dr. Fager Invitational.
There ya go:ThmbUp: