PDA

View Full Version : He's still got it

jognlope
06-26-2008, 01:41 PM
I think Tom Durkin had a cold or something last few weeks, but with 2nd race today at Belmont, he's got it... have fun with 2nd place finisher's name ARRRRRR.

joanied
06-26-2008, 03:19 PM
I think Tom Durkin had a cold or something last few weeks, but with 2nd race today at Belmont, he's got it... have fun with 2nd place finisher's name ARRRRRR.

:ThmbUp: I love Durkin... he's great!!

lilmegahertz
06-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Tom is my fav track announcer. :ThmbUp:

joanied
06-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Tom is my fav track announcer. :ThmbUp:

I hope he never retires!!
he does need to loose some weight...the man has gotten huge...not good for his health, and I want him around for a while!!!!
By the way, lilmegahertz...haven't head back yet on BJA.

jognlope
06-27-2008, 01:02 PM
I know I worry about his girth. But for Belmont, he lives only a block or so from the race track, so low stress getting there at least.

lilmegahertz
06-27-2008, 01:34 PM
I really hope he stays around and gets to call a triple crown winner. I would love to hear his call for that occasion. When he said "It's been 26 YEARS ladies and gentlemen" when we thought Smarty had it wrapped up, I'm not embarrased to say I teared up. [unfortunately, tears did fall when Birdstone passed him...sigh.]

Thanks Joanied on BJA...

ghostyapper
06-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I really hope he stays around and gets to call a triple crown winner. I would love to hear his call for that occasion. When he said "It's been 26 YEARS ladies and gentlemen" when we thought Smarty had it wrapped up, I'm not embarrased to say I teared up. [unfortunately, tears did fall when Birdstone passed him...sigh.]

Thanks Joanied on BJA...

That was one of his better calls. He saw that birdstone would be a threat very early. His call was good in the travers that year too untill of course birdstone crossed the finish line :D

whyhorseofcourse
06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
I seen the race on TVG.
That was funny.
He should have did it like a pirate instead of a dog though.

ldiatone
06-27-2008, 04:43 PM
oh yea :) ! have 2 computers in the same room. wifes work and my lap. was playing BEL on xpressbet with the videos on and went to watch on the big screen, and Durkin's calling the race ARRRRRR! ARRRRRR in front......any way i hear "SHUT THIS THIG OFF ARRRRRRRRRRRRR IS DRIVING ME NUTS"
ldiatone
ps true story...

joanied
06-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Must be 'Club Durkin'...glad I'm a member:jump:
:) :) :)