PDA

View Full Version : An idea for this year? Read on

Bubbles
06-25-2008, 05:07 PM
As mentioned in the "roll call" thread, SilverSow and I will make day trips to the Spa on the 11th, 13th, 14th, and 15th. For those who have gone in the past, you know how much fun the trip is (a lot) and how many great stories end up being made (plenty; just ask regulars about jumping fences, losing computer mouses, and betting on chalks with CJ Milkowski within listening distance :lol: ).

I take photos for the group that are posted on the gallery page on the site, and I have for the past few years. This year, if enough people are interested, I'd like to take this concept a step further.

As some know, I'm a TV/Radio major at Ithaca College, specializing in video production. My idea is to go into the tent with the camera and film a mini-documentary of sorts on the goings-on. I'd edit the footage after the week ended, and for a small fee, I'd send out DVD's to those interested once everything was completed.

Please post feedback on the idea as replies to this post. If there's sufficient outcry, or if people just don't want to be filmed, I'd completely understand, but given the events of past years, I thought it'd be a really cool thing to do.

BillW
06-25-2008, 05:18 PM
, I'd send out DVD's to those interested once everything was completed.

And/or post the video to PA. I don't know whether it is easy or not to post videos to the gallery, but a link on the homepage would work too. :)

rrbauer
06-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Sounds like Andrew is going to parlay a couple days at the Spa into a term project....go for it!

Bubbles
06-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Was actually trying to parlay it into a few bucks extra. If people are willing to pay for a DVD about our group's degeneracy at Saratoga, I'd be glad to put something together. Once again, post if there's interest.

pktruckdriver
06-25-2008, 11:49 PM
No problem here, but you may need triple wide lens.:lol:

Tom
06-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Oh man, that means we have to wear pants this year????!!!

Storm Cadet
06-26-2008, 09:36 AM
and leave the girlfriends home???? :mad:

BillW
06-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh man, that means we have to wear pants this year????!!!

Not to worry, Bubs got one of those hi-tech black censor rectangles in his video editing software! :eek: When Silversow moons the crowd, he can just flash one of those up there and all is PG again. :lol: :lol:

SilverSow
06-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Methinks you're remembering someone else whose monicker starts with an "S"... :D :D :D

Dave

BillW
06-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Methinks you're remembering someone else whose monicker starts with an "S"... :D :D :D

Dave

;)

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Damn bubs, if you're that good of an editor that you're going to make this thing actually interesting, well then, you're in the wrong business! :lol:

But seriously folks, this sounds like a really good idea....the most important thing is having a good soundtrack! Might I suggest Sanitarium by Metallica as the opening track?

Tom
06-27-2008, 07:29 AM
For tent shots, how about the music from the bar scene in Star Wars?:D

eastie
06-27-2008, 09:17 AM
I can remember the big tent blowing down the road feelin bad one year during the big storm that cancelled the Delaware 'Cap. Let's hope that they blow a little air into that stuffy tent this year.:jump:

Red Knave
06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm a TV/Radio major at Ithaca College, specializing in video production. My idea is to go into the tent with the camera and film a mini-documentary of sorts on the goings-on. I'd edit the footage after the week ended, and for a small fee, I'd send out DVD's to those interested
How much would it cost for you not to do that?

;) :p

Just kidding.

No, really, just kidding.

I'm in Bubs. Go for it.

SilverSow
06-27-2008, 09:41 PM
How much would it cost for you not to do that?

;) :p

Just kidding.

No, really, just kidding.

I'm in Bubs. Go for it.

I tried to talk him out of it, Bob... but he pointed out that any $$ he makes is something I don't have to GIVE him... with that he got my blessing... LOL..

Dave