PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wondered why it is

Bruddah
06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Race tracks and Racing jurisdictions can all agree to honor each others decisions, regarding Ruling Off Jockeys. But, find it impossible to do when considering Trainers, Owners etc. (Why is that?)

Have you ever wondered why it is, Congress, Animal Rights groups and the Media can get all fired up over a thoroughbred's death, yet a Jockey's death or severe injury can't draw a quorum? (Why is that?)

Have you ever wondered how Congress can put the wheels into motion to create legislation when they want to, but can "lolly gag" forever regarding matters of serious National consequence. (Why is that)

These are just musings while sipping coffee but it indicates how really screwed up our Congress's priorities are. :bang:

tmh
06-25-2008, 01:04 PM
racetracks do honor each others rulings when it comes to owners and trainers. the jocks are the ones who get slapped on the wrist. a jock can still ride in a stakes race when on suspension but they cant ride other races. how is that fair?

cj
06-25-2008, 01:10 PM
racetracks do honor each others rulings when it comes to owners and trainers. the jocks are the ones who get slapped on the wrist. a jock can still ride in a stakes race when on suspension but they cant ride other races. how is that fair?

Dutrow was just caught cheating for the umpteenth time, but it was his first in Kentucky so he gets a paid vacation of 15 days.

HEY DUDE
06-25-2008, 01:27 PM
In ref to the questions regarding our congress, the answer is simply, "They are all fkd up".

Tom
06-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Like baseball, racing is just a clever dodge congess uses to side step real issues. You can bet they will be all over racing until at least November.
Racing provided them with a perfect opportunity to ride in on thier white horses to save us all (8 Belles). They do not give a s*** about the horses, the care about lots of photo ops, sound bytes, and no substance........yup. We bad.:rolleyes:

Has baseball been "cleansed" or more importantly, has society been improved?
Last I looked, they was all still spittin' and scratchin' as usual. :D

Look at the political football NYRA was/is.

Bruddah
06-26-2008, 02:40 AM
Like baseball, racing is just a clever dodge congess uses to side step real issues. You can bet they will be all over racing until at least November.
Racing provided them with a perfect opportunity to ride in on thier white horses to save us all (8 Belles). They do not give a s*** about the horses, the care about lots of photo ops, sound bytes, and no substance........yup. We bad.:rolleyes:

Has baseball been "cleansed" or more importantly, has society been improved?
Last I looked, they was all still spittin' and scratchin' as usual. :D

Look at the political football NYRA was/is.

However, in my morning wake up post, I was really thinking more in terms of congress being riled up because of an animal rights issue, rather than a people (Jockey) issue. Don't misunderstand my post, I believe in ethical and humane treatment of all animals. However, I believe with limited money, resources and time, Human issues should take precedence. I believe the treatment of an injured or killed Jockey should have aroused Congress, Media and the Public long ago. But that's not the case. It just seems the priorities are all out of whack. But then again, so is this Sport and this Country, as far as that goes. :(