PDA

View Full Version : did i hear this correctly

windstone
06-25-2008, 08:46 AM
WAS watching tv this a.m. and i thought i heard that dutrow had been fined or suspended or both for giving a horse twice the amount of a drug in a stake race last month. some one please tell me if i heard this correctly. thanks

Grits
06-25-2008, 09:04 AM
You heard this correctly. The horse was Salute The Count. He ran Derby Week and had a clenbutorol positive of twice the legal limit. John Veitch stated it was the largest amount of the drug he had seen in a horse in the time he has been serving in Kentucky as chief steward.

Dutrow stated this is only the second time he has had any problem with this drug. He uses it all the time.

The article is at the BloodHorse.

Keep in mind, this gentleman notes "I can win on hay, water, and oats."

OK, babe.

WAS watching tv this a.m. and i thought i heard that dutrow had been fined or suspended or both for giving a horse twice the amount of a drug in a stake race last month. some one please tell me if i heard this correctly. thanks

boomman
06-25-2008, 11:17 AM
You'll see this on several of my posts before (Jane Vaders et al) but I'll say it again........

Multiple positives=Lifetime Ban!!!!!!!!

Our medication penalties followed by various appeals and even rewarding these guys with less days in return for their promise not to appeal is a JOKE!

With the current big focus on drug use in horse racing, NOW is the time for racing to police itself and get rid of these cheaters once and for all. Guys like Dutrow and others who have numerous positive tests are an embarrasment to the game!:mad:

Boomer

njcurveball
06-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Multiple positives=Lifetime Ban!!!!!!!!

Totally agree and should be a NO BRAINER for racing officials and Congress! :ThmbUp:

windstone
06-25-2008, 06:46 PM
i made a comment in a previous post comparing dutrow to pete rose. i owe a apology to rose. dutrow is, how do i say this, oh, a piece of shit and should be banned from the sport of horse racing.

Shenanigans
06-25-2008, 07:10 PM
You heard this correctly. The horse was Salute The Count. He ran Derby Week and had a clenbutorol positive of twice the legal limit. John Veitch stated it was the largest amount of the drug he had seen in a horse in the time he has been serving in Kentucky as chief steward.

Dutrow stated this is only the second time he has had any problem with this drug. He uses it all the time.

The article is at the BloodHorse.

Keep in mind, this gentleman notes "I can win on hay, water, and oats."

OK, babe.

"He uses it all the time" - I would not be surprised if BB ran on it.

highnote
06-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Iavone said he wanted to stop giving all drugs to his horses, but that Dutrow begged him to allow him to keep using Lasix.

Why? Is it because it helps the horses performance or because it masks drugs -- or both -- or some other reason?

Why not ban all medications a week before a race. If a horse isn't clean for at least a week then maybe it shouldn't be racing in the first place?

Kelso
06-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Why not ban all medications a week before a race. If a horse isn't clean for at least a week then maybe it shouldn't be racing in the first place?A damned fine idea, John ... solid logic. (In other words, it makes too much sense for the industry to even consider adopting it.)

joanied
06-26-2008, 12:18 PM
A damned fine idea, John ... solid logic. (In other words, it makes too much sense for the industry to even consider adopting it.)

I also agree.