PDA

View Full Version : DRUG TEST CHURCHILLS MGMT and ca,fl,an ny

ezpace
06-25-2008, 08:13 AM
what they do to horseplayers they have to be on something besides just enormous greed... Have H.A.N.A demand drug tests on officials ,trainers,an
the ntra goofs. They all have to be on something.

ezpace
06-25-2008, 02:58 PM
SHOULD BE FIRED on the spot..

startngate
06-25-2008, 05:32 PM
SHOULD BE FIRED on the spot..The man got suspended for a clenbuterol OVERAGE. It's legal to use it there on raceday, so the penalties for an overage are not the same as using a banned medication, nor should they be.

The suspension and loss of purse are not out of line for a first offense in Kentucky as it's been reported this was for Dutrow. Whether or not you agree with it is another matter, but the Stewards appear to have acted consistently with their policy.

Compare that with what Larry Jones (Eight Bells tranier) will be facing on his clenbuterol overage in Delaware. First offense there is $500 fine, loss of purse, and only seven days. Dutrow is getting hit harder than that.

Oh, and by the way, the Stewards that made the decision actually report to the KHRA, not Churchill, so you are looking to fire the wrong people anyway.

ezpace
06-25-2008, 10:03 PM
The man got suspended for a clenbuterol OVERAGE. It's legal to use it there on raceday, so the penalties for an overage are not the same as using a banned medication, nor should they be.

The suspension and loss of purse are not out of line for a first offense in Kentucky as it's been reported this was for Dutrow. Whether or not you agree with it is another matter, but the Stewards appear to have acted consistently with their policy.

Compare that with what Larry Jones (Eight Bells tranier) will be facing on his clenbuterol overage in Delaware. First offense there is $500 fine, loss of purse, and only seven days. Dutrow is getting hit harder than that.

Oh, and by the way, the Stewards that made the decision actually report to the KHRA, not Churchill, so you are looking to fire the wrong people anyway.

Pletcher got 45 days for a antiseptic.. Assmussen got 6 months

Dutrow has more infractions than jones,Assmussen,andpletcher in aggregate

Stewards in KY are licensed by the state . Butt they are just puppets for the racing officals .they do what they are told in all situations believe me or their GONE.

and in KELLYphoneyya they get a fine and are sent to the bar for a week ;)

BUTT THAT'S GOING TO CHANGE.....BELIEVE ME...

startngate
06-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Pletcher got 45 days for a antiseptic.. Assmussen got 6 monthsAs well they should, they were busted for mepivicaine, which is a banned substance on race day. Totally different situation, and the penalties reflect that. Dutrow has more infractions than jones,Assmussen,andpletcher in aggregateDoesn't matter, it was his first violation for an overage of clenbuterol in Kentucky, so he gets the punishment for that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming Dutrow is a saint (far from it), nor am I sticking up for the current state of drug rules in racing.

I'm just correcting a clearly uninformed and somewhat idiotic post.

ezpace
06-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Clenbuterol needs to be gone ...apparently you think all is fine ...carry on

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Dutrow has more infractions than jones,Assmussen,andpletcher in aggregateHuh?

startngate
06-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Clenbuterol needs to be gone ...apparently you think all is fine ...carry onActually no I don't, and if you read any of my other posts on the subject of drugs in racing you'd know that.

I don't make the rules ... but just so we ar clear ... if I did, I'd ban all race day medications. It works in other countries, so there is no reason it can't work here. I think the industry has finally been slapped around enough to start heading in that direction, I just hope I live long enough to see it.

That doesn't mean that for now trainers shouldn't be allowed to train within the current rules, or that they should be penalized differently based upon whether or not someone likes them.

Many folks on the forum want to hang Dutrow for a legal medication overage and can't believe he only got 15 days. And many of them feel that way because they believe that he's got this big long history of using illegal medications, when the facts don't bare that out. I'm just offering up a different opinion on the matter.

IMO he got the right penalty, because that appears to be what a first offense for a clenbuterol overage brings in Kentucky. Feel free to disagree, that's what forums are for.