PDA

View Full Version : Projected ratings

gm10
06-25-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi guys,

I'm trying something out at the moment, namely, uploading my projected ratings for every US horse race to a website. The site has no design yet but I would appreciate any other feedback as well.

Check www.latekick.com (http://www.latekick.com).

Thanks.

wegoosewe
06-25-2008, 06:41 AM
i checked it out looks like it could be pretty useful. I think it would be nice if you could maybe add a imformation page like what each mean such as total, recent, Pace. I thought that the pace points were only suppose to go up to 8. maybe i am wrong. Keep up the work

gm10
06-26-2008, 04:07 AM
no you are right, but I slightly modified them

I will try to add some explanations over the next weeks, and add extra info like track profiles, fair odds, which ratings to use for particular races, etc

thx for your feedback

gm10
06-26-2008, 04:52 PM
no you are right, but I slightly modified them

I will try to add some explanations over the next weeks, and add extra info like track profiles, fair odds, which ratings to use for particular races, etc

thx for your feedback

one thing i can tell you
on the turf - look for late speed, these numbers are very good for that
if anyone cares ... Belmont race 8 from tonight (Thurs) is a good example

TexasDolly
07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
I had a few minutes and thought I would check some of the races you posted . However,I am only able to access the current ones -no past races for belmont anyway. Are they suppose to be available ?
thank you.

RichieP
07-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Morning GM

I've been clocking your numbers at a couple of tracks. Very nice work man.
VERY nice work! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

wegoosewe
07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Morning GM

hey rich, what has been the best way to apply them,is there certain tracks that it work best with???

andicap
07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Never mind U.S. races -- Youre in London. you got anything for British racing??

:)

uh, or is that London, Ontario?

Hi guys,

I'm trying something out at the moment, namely, uploading my projected ratings for every US horse race to a website. The site has no design yet but I would appreciate any other feedback as well.

Thanks.

gm10
07-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I had a few minutes and thought I would check some of the races you posted . However,I am only able to access the current ones -no past races for belmont anyway. Are they suppose to be available ?
thank you.

Hi TexasDolly ... I will probably offer some limited free PP's (with speed ratings) before the end of the year.

gm10
07-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Morning GM

Hi RichieP, I hope you finding plenty of winners.

Wegoosewe, very simply put ... for turf routes look at the Late numbers. For dirt sprints, Early and Pace tell you a lot about where a horse will be early on and we all know how crucial that is in those races.

Total and Recent are comparable to average Beyer ratings, where RECENT only takes the races from the last three months into account (I think it's 3 month, not 100% sure right now).

I will add a messageboard on the site end of July so people can post their comments/ideas/applications about the site there.

gm10
07-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Never mind U.S. races -- Youre in London. you got anything for British racing??

:)

uh, or is that London, Ontario?

Sadly, no! I don't know of anyone who publishes sectional times which are crucial for this.

gm10
07-11-2008, 10:51 AM
hey rich, what has been the best way to apply them,is there certain tracks that it work best with???

Funnily enough I think they are useful for Presque Isle Downs!!! Especially in routes where the pace doesn't seem to go very far.

But ... the very best track is Golden Gate imo. Especially on poly routes. Look for the best late speed, and look if the PP's dont contain anything too weird (the ratings are computer-generated, and while I think they are reliable in the big majority of cases, human checking is always beneficial).
I can't bet GG on Betfair any more but I found some memorable winners after they installed the polytrack.

BeatTheChalk
07-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks.

Tried to get into the site this morning 10 central ...went for a long time
never did get through. Will keep trying ... :)

Hosshead
08-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Funnily enough I think they are useful for Presque Isle Downs!!! Especially in routes ...But ... the very best track is Golden Gate imo. Especially on poly routes.
No coincidence.
Both these tracks have the same polycrap. (tapeta)

gm10
08-01-2008, 03:54 AM
Tried to get into the site this morning 10 central ...went for a long time
never did get through. Will keep trying ... :)

Apologies, the website went down for a while yesterday. I contacted the hosting company and it got sorted out pretty quickly after that.

Is anyone having any luck with the ratings?

gm10
08-01-2008, 05:35 AM
have a look at Presque Isle Downs from yesterday (Jul 31) ... some decent results in there

Hosshead
08-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Finally got around to checking out your site GM.
Congratulations on your website, and the numbers. Looks like you put a lot of work into it. Nice job. :ThmbUp:

Question:
When I click on the calendar for past days #'s, there's nothing.
Are they supposed to be there? Hope so.
Would like to check the numbers for past days/months. Not talking about PP #'s, just the same ones you have up for the current day.

--- Hoss

gm10
08-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Congratulations on your website, and the numbers. Looks like you put a lot of work into it. Nice job. :ThmbUp:

Question:
Would like to check the numbers for past days/months. Not talking about PP #'s, just the same ones you have up for the current day.

--- Hoss

Hi,

the reason why I haven't done that so far is purely technical. The software that uploads the numbers first deletes the data from the db and then inserts it. At the moment I upload yesterday's and today's. If I add more days to the same upload, the software will time out because the upload takes too long.

I will have a look at the software tonight or Sunday and change it so that the last 7 days are available. I don't want to make more days available right now as I'm a bit concerned about web scraping.

Guy.

bcgreg
08-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Excellent site...and even better numbers! Thanks for sharing.

One thing I have noticed is if the projected early speed horse doesn't figure to get the lead, scratch it and look at the new total leader.

bcgreg

gm10
08-01-2008, 05:42 PM
did anyone happen to see Louisiana race 7?

The 6 Shons Secret won 45/1. If you look at the ratings you will see that it had the best late speed. This won't sound modest but I really believe that my late speed are very good for grass routes.

gm10
08-04-2008, 04:02 AM

Question:

--- Hoss

I will make the results for the past week available from now on (going back to Aug 1 right now).

rman1049
08-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks to your site I played this one to win!!!!!!!!!
He had a huge advantage in the late column....
And yes your ratings are superb for grass races!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :)

Hosshead
08-04-2008, 09:42 AM
I will make the results for the past week available from now on (going back to Aug 1 right now).
Thanks, way to go !

aswaffor
08-04-2008, 04:05 PM
It looks like your numbers pointed to a couple of good payoffs at Woodbine also. I am somewhat new to handicapping and will be keeping an eye your new website for those additional handicapping tips that you mention on your site.

Alicia

hracingplyr
08-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Is stalk consider early or middle? In your stats for 365 days and 2 weeks?

Bob

gm10
08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi Bob,

"stalk" refers to the winners that were between 1 and 3l behind the leader at the first call (= after 2 furlongs).

The table gives an overview of the early position of the previous course/surface/distance winners in their races. I distinguish between last 14 days and last 365 days to enable you to spot potential track biases that may have occured in the last 2 weeks.

Guy.

andicap
08-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Sadly, no! I don't know of anyone who publishes sectional times which are crucial for this.

check out turftrax.com for sectional times on all-weather tracks in the U.K.

gm10
08-07-2008, 12:39 PM
check out turftrax.com for sectional times on all-weather tracks in the U.K.

ah yes, thx, I know those guys
but as you say it's only all-weather racing and they refuse to make the data available in downloadable format

gm10
09-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I've added Past Performances to the site (I posted this before but the message got erased).

mcruik
10-04-2008, 12:46 AM
FYI your site went down at about 3:30 PM PST. Great work. I just discovered your site and it has produced a couple of winners before it crashed!

gm10
12-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi guys,

Check www.latekick.com (http://www.latekick.com/).

Thanks.

Just an update on how this project is going. The predictive ratings are still free (and will remain so). They have become quite popular - on a relative scale ;) .

I've also added past performances, with each horse's past Latekick speed rating, but these are only free for race 1 and 2 at every track. This is for players who like to dig a little deeper.

Feel free to have a look,

www.latekick.com (http://www.latekick.com/)

andicap
12-23-2008, 06:39 AM
Just an update on how this project is going. The predictive ratings are still free (and will remain so). They have become quite popular - on a relative scale ;) .

I've also added past performances, with each horse's past Latekick speed rating, but these are only free for race 1 and 2 at every track. This is for players who like to dig a little deeper.

Feel free to have a look,

www.latekick.com (http://www.latekick.com/)

GM
Have been in London for a few days with my family and got a chance to head to Kempton Park on Monday. Had a great time and even won some money (though betting very lightly) playing place and the Tote Swinger bet which I wish they had in the U.S. (FYI, pick two horses and they both have to finish in the top three. )

You ever play the British races -- I was really enjoying handicapping with the Racing Post and tho I had trouble picking winners I found it fun and fairly profitable with the place horses.

gm10
12-23-2008, 09:57 AM
GM
Have been in London for a few days with my family and got a chance to head to Kempton Park on Monday. Had a great time and even won some money (though betting very lightly) playing place and the Tote Swinger bet which I wish they had in the U.S. (FYI, pick two horses and they both have to finish in the top three. )

You ever play the British races -- I was really enjoying handicapping with the Racing Post and tho I had trouble picking winners I found it fun and fairly profitable with the place horses.

Hello! I play the British races quite frequently, but not as often as American racing (you may have noticed that there's plenty of opportunity to bet on American racing!).

I think it's generally more difficult in England to find winners than in the US because of a) larger fields, and b) the type of handicapping data that is available (def. better in the US). But higher odds reflect that fact.
Go to Lingfield if you have the chance, that's a nicer track than Kempton and not too far from London. Enjoy your stay.

andicap
12-25-2008, 12:08 PM
GM,

Quick question about the predictive ratings

What is the H% figure?

andicap
12-25-2008, 01:17 PM
GM,

Quick question about the predictive ratings

What is the H% figure?

never mind I figured it out. Horse's lifetime win % it looks like