PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse Soon

bigmack
06-24-2008, 07:50 PM
It's always out there but has anyone else noticed a spike of late in the number of folk dipping their toes in the pool of thought that think, there are signs? The manager at the local grocery store, a cousin, several people I've run into. I say the only thing I can think of "there's been talk of that for some time now".

What again is the point in pontificating on the end of anything? (with the exception of a race)

Thousands of people in the Netherlands say they expect the world to end in 2012, and many say they are taking precautions to prepare for the apocalypse....

..."You know, maybe it's really not that bad that the Netherlands will be destroyed," Petra Faile said. "I don't like it here anymore. Take immigration, for example. They keep letting people in. And then we have to build more houses, which makes the Netherlands even heavier. The country will sink even lower, which will make the flooding worse." :lol:
Article Link (http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/06/23/Many_Dutch_prepare_for_2012_apocalypse/UPI-40461214263554/)

wonatthewire1
06-24-2008, 08:16 PM
It's always out there but has anyone else noticed a spike of late in the number of folk dipping their toes in the pool of thought that think, there are signs? The manager at the local grocery store, a cousin, several people I've run into. I say the only thing I can think of "there's been talk of that for some time now".

What again is the point in pontificating on the end of anything? (with the exception of a race)

Thousands of people in the Netherlands say they expect the world to end in 2012, and many say they are taking precautions to prepare for the apocalypse....

..."You know, maybe it's really not that bad that the Netherlands will be destroyed," Petra Faile said. "I don't like it here anymore. Take immigration, for example. They keep letting people in. And then we have to build more houses, which makes the Netherlands even heavier. The country will sink even lower, which will make the flooding worse." :lol:
Article Link (http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/06/23/Many_Dutch_prepare_for_2012_apocalypse/UPI-40461214263554/)

Petra must have gone to public school.

I did see a couple of articles a few weeks ago about survivalists gearing up in Vermont and in Maine - farming and wanting to make a go of it when it "all comes to an end".

Sometimes I wonder (rarely of course!) if I would even bother

:faint: