PDA

View Full Version : Another Taser death

46zilzal
06-24-2008, 11:18 AM
http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/447839

Yes they are safe alright!!

MONEY
06-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Police officers are trained and required to use tasers in certain situations.
And noboby ever said that the taser wood be a completely safe way to stop a criminal or phycho. But it is a better choice for the culprits that survive it than a night stick or a gun.
Money

46zilzal
06-24-2008, 11:39 AM
The increasing number of cardiovascular events in younger victims should initiate investigation of why, all of a sudden, there are so many deaths.

The lawsuit in California opened the door to their liability (Taser International) and they are going to get nailed big time with that precedent.

JustRalph
06-24-2008, 12:13 PM
:lol: :lol:

JustRalph
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Try this one on for size.........

What a dipshit............. this cop needs to go to jail...........

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/22/taser.death/index.html

MONEY
07-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Try this one on for size.........

What a dipshit............. this cop needs to go to jail...........

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/22/taser.death/index.html

If the allegations in the above article are true, I agree, he should be incarcerated.

money

46zilzal
07-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Another guy was hit NINE times with tasers..Don't worry as he was dead (a twenty one year old) after the 7th shot.

boxcar
07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Another guy was hit NINE times with tasers..Don't worry as he was dead (a twenty one year old) after the 7th shot.

How is it you supposedly know this, but the perpetrators apparently didn't, since they gave a dead guy two additional shots?

Boxcar

46zilzal
07-23-2008, 04:55 PM
How is it you supposedly know this, but the perpetrators apparently didn't, since they gave a dead guy two additional shots?

Boxcar
Coroner's report since the last two, incredilbly, were administered after he stopped moving. Any unbiased observer might think to stop after the culprit was no longer moving, but these egomaniacs don't think....they just can't wait to flex their "muslces."

Pell Mell
07-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I disagree with 46 on every topic he comments on but this time I'm in his corner. Egomaniacs is a subtle term for most of those knuckle draggers. If "COPS" on TV is an indication of how they are trained I would say they create more problems then they solve.

At one time I had gone to school with half the force in my home town, and there were over 100 on the force, and 90% of them qualified as class idiot.

JustRalph
07-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I disagree with 46 on every topic he comments on but this time I'm in his corner. Egomaniacs is a subtle term for most of those knuckle draggers. If "COPS" on TV is an indication of how they are trained I would say they create more problems then they solve.

At one time I had gone to school with half the force in my home town, and there were over 100 on the force, and 90% of them qualified as class idiot.

Generalizing a little aren't you? The local police are a direct reflection of the local community and more importantly the local government. End of Story.

The Local government chooses them. Think about that one. Then they hang officers out to dry and run and hide when things like this happen. The old adage, you get what you pay for, applies too.

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2008, 04:08 AM
How about we simply abondon all forms of authority and switch to anarchy? That should solve most people's problems....:rolleyes:

I love how certain folks are so quick to pound on police. Cops don't generally go around shooting or tazing folks at random....think about that for a second.

Tom
07-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Good idea. PA, then we would be free to go punch the lights of people who piss us off. Instead of arguing with them here. :rolleyes::6::4:

delayjf
07-24-2008, 12:27 PM
The old adage, you get what you pay for, applies too.
That is the God's honest truth, take a look a Police Dept's that have lowered their standards with regards to who they hire. New Orleans in the 90's, created a situation were cops were running drug rings, ordering hits - one or two ended up on death row. LA PD / County Sherriff’s Dept, again corruption and abuse.

However, in there defense they have the worst gang problems in the world. I recall a book written by an author with a very negative attitude about Police and what he felt was institutional abusive characteristic of most police forces. As an experiment, he became a police office for one year. At the end of that year he was as abusive as any cop on the force - moral of the story is - dealing with the worst elements of society and the adversarial relationship a Police force often has with the community, especially a minority or impoverished community - can and does have a psychological affect. If you lower the standard of admission to allow individuals who are more likely to abuse their power and trust, you will see a rise in Police abuse.

Shenanigans
07-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Coroner's report since the last two, incredilbly, were administered after he stopped moving. Any unbiased observer might think to stop after the culprit was no longer moving, but these egomaniacs don't think....they just can't wait to flex their "muslces."

Maybe they figured they could jump start him.:p

My question is - what exactly are the "victims" doing to warrant being plugged in? I'm sure they are not quietly speaking to the police in a non-threatening manner.

JustRalph
07-24-2008, 07:15 PM
That is the God's honest truth, take a look a Police Dept's that have lowered their standards with regards to who they hire. New Orleans in the 90's, created a situation were cops were running drug rings, ordering hits - one or two ended up on death row. LA PD / County Sherriff’s Dept, again corruption and abuse.

However, in there defense they have the worst gang problems in the world. I recall a book written by an author with a very negative attitude about Police and what he felt was institutional abusive characteristic of most police forces. As an experiment, he became a police office for one year. At the end of that year he was as abusive as any cop on the force - moral of the story is - dealing with the worst elements of society and the adversarial relationship a Police force often has with the community, especially a minority or impoverished community - can and does have a psychological affect. If you lower the standard of admission to allow individuals who are more likely to abuse their power and trust, you will see a rise in Police abuse.

Great post. Insightful. Check this one out

http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/725803.html

46zilzal
07-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Another taser death completely unnecessary.
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=675252

Tom
07-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Boooooring! :sleeping:

Would you like us to post each and every time a tazer SAVED lives?
You would be outposted 10,000-1. Easily.
You would prefer hostile suspects be shot?
Better yet, should we post every time a patient dies due to a doctor's screw up? Should we ban doctors because some kill thier patients?

:sleeping:

Shenanigans
07-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Another taser death completely unnecessary.
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=675252

I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone that puts themselves in a situation to get tazed. They obviously did something to get it. This kid was "armed and dangerous". Sounds like the police got a no account off the streets to me.

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2008, 04:02 AM
Would you like us to post each and every time a tazer SAVED lives?That kind of work is way above 46's pay grade....