PDA

View Full Version : Oil Giants get no bid contracts in Iraq

Light
06-23-2008, 11:06 AM
BAGHDAD — Four Western oil companies are in the final stages of negotiations this month on contracts that will return them to Iraq, 36 years after losing their oil concession to nationalization as Saddam Hussein rose to power.

Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP — the original partners in the Iraq Petroleum Company — along with Chevron and a number of smaller oil companies, are in talks with Iraq’s Oil Ministry for no-bid contracts to service Iraq’s largest fields, according to ministry officials, oil company officials and an American diplomat.

Read the rest at this link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/world/middleeast/19iraq.html?pagewanted=1&sq=Iraqi%20oil%20contracts&st=nyt&scp=1

Light
06-23-2008, 11:13 AM
This has been the #1 reason for invading Iraq. As I have said in the past,history shows the U.S.'s reapeated attempts to regain control of Iraq's oil fields since they were thrown out via the Iraqi revolution in 1959.

46zilzal
06-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Hardly a surprise. This just solidifies the belief of what that stupid war was about all along.

Tom
06-23-2008, 11:36 AM
No it doesn't.
It sounds like a good step forward.

delayjf
06-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Thank God we have somebody in the White House looking after this countries best interest. No doubt this is bad news for the anti American left who have been working feverishly to bring down this country economically. I'm sure they would have would have preferred to see the contract go to European, S. American, or Asian oil companies, but you can't win them all. :jump:

Reminds me of that scene in the Clint Eastwood movie "any which way you can" when Ma gets pissed because Clyde (the ape) hid thousands of dollars under her own mattress. Her proclamation that she was "out smarted by a banana head" seems appropriate here.

Lefty
06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
light, you have called me a clown on another thread, but once again you have proved yourself the Court Jester of the far far left. Still waiting for one positive most from you. Still waiting for you to say something positive about this Country.
Because Iraq has oil, it's gonna go to somebody. You'd rather it go to?
zilly, you're the Jester's ASSistant!

ddog
06-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Who says they would have gone to someone different?
You against free market bid process now?
Thought that was your LIB buddies.

What, you admit the only way we can compete globally is with a gvt mandated handout/welfare?

That's what no-bids are on this side of the water?

Very strange, shows the moral/policy failures of the so called pug/conservative side these days and why we are losing this country to any nutcase with a heartbeat.

:ThmbDown:

ddog
06-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Oil "goes to" them that pay for it once it is placed on the market.

or, it stays in the ground or in storage.

It doesn't matter who pulls it out, the price is global price.

You really should restrict to your name calling lines.

Leave the rest for the grown-ups.

Lefty
06-23-2008, 12:30 PM
dog, we established a democracy in Iraq and they can award the contracts to whomever they want. Looks like the contracts simply being returned to the orig people involved.
I see, you guys can call me names but i'm less than grownup if i return the favor now and again? Guess you guys can dish but can't take? It was ever thus.

JustRalph
06-23-2008, 04:08 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080622113024.5rfe5v9s&show_article=1

yep, we started a war to wait five years to get to something........? :bang:

Amazing how stupid some people are

robert99
06-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Thank God we have somebody in the White House looking after this countries best interest. No doubt this is bad news for the anti American left who have been working feverishly to bring down this country economically. I'm sure they would have would have preferred to see the contract go to European, S. American, or Asian oil companies, but you can't win them all. :jump:

Reminds me of that scene in the Clint Eastwood movie "any which way you can" when Ma gets pissed because Clyde (the ape) hid thousands of dollars under her own mattress. Her proclamation that she was "out smarted by a banana head" seems appropriate here.

??
Total - French
Shell- UK/Dutch
BP - UK
Exxon - USA

Maybe won one then??

46zilzal
06-23-2008, 05:30 PM
yep, we started a war to wait five years to get to something........? :bang:

Amazing how stupid some people are

WE??? I'll bet the brainless trust actually called you to ask your opinion. We, what a laugh.

JustRalph
06-23-2008, 05:54 PM
WE??? I'll bet the brainless trust actually called you to ask your opinion. We, what a laugh.

Stop being a dipshit.........you know what I meant

boxcar
06-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Stop being a dipshit.........you know what I meant

:lol: He is what he is. He can't help himself. Remember: Liberalism is a disease, primarily of the mind.

Boxcar

delayjf
06-23-2008, 07:45 PM
??
Total - French
Shell- UK/Dutch
BP - UK
Exxon - USA

Maybe won one then??

Thanks for pointing that out, kind of puts a hole in the "Iraq war was just for oil" theory. Although to tell you the truth, I wish they were just American companies.

Light
06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, kind of puts a hole in the "Iraq war was just for oil" theory. Although to tell you the truth, I wish they were just American companies.

There is also something called "production sharing agreements".These "PSA's were specified by George Bush's State Department. Paul Bremer's Coalition Provisional Authority drafted an oil law privatizing the oil sector. These foreign" based oil companies work side by side with the good old U.S.A.(see Lefty,I said something positive: "Good old USA")

Tom
06-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Well, it is better than Hussein!